Players moving positions

gr82b4au

3 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Tre and Davis were extremely successful at the position... Why change that?

The only reason I would is if others were better.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mikeholiday said:

You think Moultry could end up a starter?

A tough hill to climb, but I'll never say a player can't do something.

I don't know if Franklin will change positions but he won't be a QB at the next level and I think he knows that. However he is very talented and I am a big fan of his, so if he wants any chance to play at the next level he needs to make a move. I hope he does just that. WR, CB, speed sweep RB, kick returner ?

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I don't know if Franklin will change positions but he won't be a QB at the next level. I think he knows that. However he is very talented so if he wants any chance to play at the next level he needs to make a move. I am a big fan of his and I hope he does just that. WR, CB, speed sweep RB, kick returner ?

That little guy that hunkers down and hides behind the O line?

Gawd, I'm so sorry for that, but

gotta be on the field somewhere

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I don't know if Franklin will change positions but he won't be a QB at the next level. I think he knows that. However he is very talented so if he wants any chance to play at the next level he needs to make a move. I am a big fan of his and I hope he does just that. WR, CB, speed sweep RB, kick returner ?

I don't know about talented. He is very fast. That is all I have seen. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I don't know about talented. He is very fast. That is all I have seen. 

Straight line fast at that

On February 8, 2017 at 5:46 PM, IronMan70 said:

I just wish they could find some role for him to use that speed in some way.  He is not even a QB at the college level much less at the next level.  But you get him the ball in space and he is going to take it to the house!  How they get him the ball in space is the $64 question.  

People can be butthurt all they want. You can't teach speed. As long as he has it, he will get looks. Give him a chance to get the ball in his hands. 

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

People can be butthurt all they want. You can't teach speed. As long as he has it, he will get looks. Give him a chance to get the ball in his hands. 

I agree, i'd love to see him utilized effectively.  I just don't know what position that would be in.  The best, IMO, would be the speed sweep/slot guy, but Stove is doing well there and is a threat in the passing game as well which limits the need for substitutions revealing tendencies.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree, i'd love to see him utilized effectively.  I just don't know what position that would be in.  The best, IMO, would be the speed sweep/slot guy, but Stove is doing well there and is a threat in the passing game as well which limits the need for substitutions revealing tendencies.

I think you got to have him in both rb and wr drills.  He needs to learn ball security, once he attains that and hopefully shows the ability to catch a ball, he could be a special talent.  Tyreek Hill type of game changer in my mind is best case scenario.

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I think you got to have him in both rb and wr drills.  He needs to learn ball security, once he attains that and hopefully shows the ability to catch a ball, he could be a special talent.  Tyreek Hill type of game changer in my mind is best case scenario.

While his straight line speed is unmatched, He really needs to work on his lateral quickness....IMO

1 hour ago, DAG said:

If Al Davis were still alive he would be the Raiders 1st round draft choice.  That guy loved pure speed. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

While his straight line speed is unmatched, He really needs to work on his lateral quickness....IMO

There was also discussion about his ball security. Maybe why they haven't moved him.

1 hour ago, AU04ever said:

There was also discussion about his ball security. Maybe why they haven't moved him.

or, of late, he's been the 2nd (closest to a) serviceable QB on the team?

we'll see

Speed alone means almost nothing.  If it did, Harry Adams would have been a star player for us.  Adams would dust Franklin in a foot race (9.96 100m personal best) and he still couldn't get onto the field before switching to track full time. 

21 minutes ago, metafour said:

Speed alone means almost nothing.  If it did, Harry Adams would have been a star player for us.  Adams would dust Franklin in a foot race (9.96 100m personal best) and he still couldn't get onto the field before switching to track full time. 

Huge difference between football speed and track speed. Harry was a great example, Meta

1 hour ago, metafour said:

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Huge difference between football speed and track speed. Harry was a great example, Meta

What about Corey Grant?  He also just had straight line speed. You guys are trying to hard. And also before one of you guys say, Well Corey Grant wasn't a star player, blah, blah. I never attributed JF3 being a star player, I am simply saying give him a chance. Holy hell. Clearly this Harry Adams is just not a football player. That is perfectly fine. He had his chance, twice, being invited to try out for the packers and the rams. Why? Because of speed. That has nothing to do with JF3.

BTW, Harry Adams got DISMISSED from the team. He didn't just make a full-time transition to track just because.  If JF3 just concentrated on track, who knows what he can do, but he is keen on playing football.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/after_football_career_stumbles.html

"If I hadn't made a commitment to track, I wouldn't be at this level right now," he said in an interview last week before leaving for Iowa. "I'm glad I did."

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

What about Corey Grant?  He also just had straight line speed. You guys are trying to hard. And also before one of you guys say, Well Corey Grant wasn't a star player, blah, blah. I never attributed JF3 being a star player, I am simply saying give him a chance. Holy hell. Clearly this Harry Adams is just not a football player. That is perfectly fine. He had his chance, twice, being invited to try out for the packers and the rams. Why? Because of speed. That has nothing to do with JF3.

BTW, Harry Adams got DISMISSED from the team. He didn't just make a full-time transition to track just because.  If JF3 just concentrated on track, who knows what he can do, but he is keen on playing football.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/after_football_career_stumbles.html

"If I hadn't made a commitment to track, I wouldn't be at this level right now," he said in an interview last week before leaving for Iowa. "I'm glad I did."

Not trying at all. From film and watching live, it looks like he does not have the lateral quickness that he needs to be as effective as we want.

I have also said his straight line speed is unmatched and that I hope he finds a role. I just didn't know what role that would be. I'm not tearing the guy down, so stop acting like I am. Obviously he has deficiencies. You seem to be the one that is trying to hard to defend those. Be objective.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Not trying at all. From film and watching live, it looks like he does not have the lateral quickness that he needs to be as effective as we want.

I have also said his straight line speed is unmatched and that I hope he finds a role. I just didn't know what role that would be. I'm not tearing the guy down, so stop acting like I am. Obviously he has deficiencies. You seem to be the one that is trying to hard to defend those. Be objective.

Yeah because I have never before have said JF3 is NOT a QB. Clearly, I have a problem being objective.  I love how you want to project a falsehood. Find me, anywhere, where I have defended any of JF3 deficiencies. I have been one of the few to honestly admit I want the kid to succeed. I have also been one of the few quick to say he does not have it at QB. So please cut the crap.  I have been one of his biggest supporters as well as critic. The guy who tried to compare SW to Baker Mayfield in the preseason is going to talk to me about OBJECTIVITY?! Stop it five.

Yeah you are right, I can't be objective. SMH

I have said it before and I will say it again. JF3 is band-aid for a gunshot wound. He is not a QB. Like Nick, he would be an athlete playing QB. Unfortunately, we are trying to catch lightning in a bottle again. This kid is going to get overly criticized and have big expectations that would be very hard to meet. It is already happening. Maybe he can become an adequate passer? I don't know, but I rather not have to deal with someone who is extremely inaccurate behind the...

On 2/7/2017 at 10:02 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

We have to stop signing top quality DEs and moving them. Andrew Williams, Cowart, Tega now people are talking about Davidson...Then we move LBs to DE ala Holland. I don't understand that. I never have understood why we do that. 

One reason is 17 year olds grow some more .

Archived