2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Hopefully he isn't too offended that the majority of posters would rather have had Master Teague and/or Dameon Pierce. :/ 

Not sure that was even close to necessary. Happy to have Asa. Welcome to the family.

• Like 1

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

WAR EAGLE ASA!!!!!  Welcome to the family!  I'm gonna be rooting extra hard for him.  He's from my Alma Mater. 

Also, he may not be the "traditional every down back", but I think this offense will be tailor made to utilize his versatility.

See how we use KJ this year.  That should tell you something about what Asa's future holds at AU.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aufootball1 said:

From being a parent here at Austin High School, I take it as Asa Martin fuels off of criticism.  It makes him strive even harder.  

In that case, Asa you suck!

(just kidding)

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't see a stream from SEC Country.

Don't mind me @ellitor - I am in my own world today. I was on SEC Country, but since they only had an article I watched the Auburn Tigers stream on FB.

I just watched his highlights for the first time because I had him as a Bama lock.  He's got some moves and I love his patience/vision.  Couple of runs reminded me of Leveon Bell waiting for the hole to open.

23 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Beating Bama out for an instate top RB is huge. Welcome to the family Asa!

And odds are he's going to work out better than the last one we beat them for.

50 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

Bonus >>> Asa graduates in December too!

And plans to sign in December.

Edited by ellitor

BOOM!!! War Eagle add another one to RBU! Hope this gets the ball rolling with some other big name recruits. 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

BOOM!!! War Eagle add another one to RBU! Hope this gets the ball rolling with some other big name recruits. 

yo justin fields! whaaaaaaat up?! lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Here come the bammers "he wouldn't of started for two years anyways pawl!!!" 

Hey, that's an improvement for them. Usually they say "it was never a commitable offer anyways." 

This was a big time commit. His film has grown on me. I watched it over la st night amd I believe he will have great senior year. We beat bama out for an instate rb they really wanted makes this commit even bigger. 

• Like 5

Asa just confirmed he's graduating in December and will he here for spring practice. Lots of praise for Tim Horton and Kerryon. 

Really glad we got this guy.  A concern did pop up however in his interview after his commitment.  He said "I'm the type of guy that hates to tell people no... I hope it doesn't end relationships with coaches because I love to keep relationships with people."  Should this be a cause for concern if he is keeping his relationships open with other coaches like Alabama to continue to be in his ear to get him to flip?  If I were a coach and heard that, I would take that as an open invitation to keep on him to flip him.

Edited by abw0004

50 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

Big frame kid... Russell should be able to put 20 more lbs on him. 

He's already a good size at 200 lbs. I'm ok with adding 20 but only if it doesn't hurt his really good agility.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Here come the bammers "he wouldn't of started for two years anyways pawl!!!" 

Not in here they're not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Really glad we got this guy.  A concern did pop up however in his interview after his commitment.  He said "I'm the type of guy that hates to tell people no... I hope it doesn't end relationships with coaches because I love to keep relationships with people."  Should this be a cause for concern if he is keeping his relationships open with other coaches like Alabama to continue to be in his ear to get him to flip?  If I were a coach and heard that, I would take that as an open invitation to keep on him to flip him.

No. Many kids stay in touch with coaches they got close to even if they go to a different school. Happens all the time. It's just not published much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What is he going to decide then? 

I think he was saying that he would be signing in the early signing period that is in December