LSU Postgame W 98-75

ShocksMyBrain

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

1. Have seen it probably 30 times. I see seen 2 twice...

my man!

I love to beat Lsu at anything. I think we have a decent team. Not terrible but better than we have had lately. Glad we will have a winning season. 

Lsu might be the worst basketball team I have seen in years in the sec... and that is saying something because we have been terrible lately. 

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I love to beat Lsu at anything. I think we have a decent team. Not terrible but better than we have had lately. Glad we will have a winning season. 

Lsu might be the worst basketball team I have seen in years in the sec... and that is saying something because we have been terrible lately. 

you really have to be bad to be worse than most of barbees team and this LSU team has accomplished that.

12 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I said in another post I didn't tune in until late. So when I turned it on I just knew Auburn would be getting drilled but it was 73-63 and Auburn put the pedal to the metal from there. Great win and WDE Tigers.

Ha, LSU isn't drilling anyone this year. Wish we could play them a couple more times. 

Glad to see that we were able to finish strong and hold them to 27 points in the 2nd half. Hopefully this will give us the confidence that we need to go on a run to finish out the season.

Glad the team was able to go out there and get this win. They've accomplished a lot this year so i'd would have hate to see it all go for naught by having a losing streak to finish this season. They played really good basketball tonight with just about everyone contributing a little something to the win. Lets get a few more of these W's so we can finish this season with some post season action and some positive momentum to take the team through the offseason

7 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, LSU isn't drilling anyone this year. Wish we could play them a couple more times. 

Up until last night Auburn hadn't drilled too many in the SEC.

40 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Up until last night Auburn hadn't drilled too many in the SEC.

sure we do. in the first half we drill lots of teams.

We played a little defense. That's a positive....slightly.

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

these sun belt coaches the sec hires never seem to pan out that well. Off the top of my head "recently" Darrin Horn, Dennis Felton and now probaly Johnny Jones will all flame out in spectacular fashion and be fired. Both looked like studs when they were in the sun belt.

John Pelfry was another flop. 

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

John Pelfry was another flop. 

yes! got them to the ncaa and nit his last 2 years there.

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

We played a little defense. That's a positive....slightly.

Bruce mentioned this on the radio in his postgame interview. To him, it's all about deflections, steals, turnovers, etc that allow this team to get stops (in a non-traditional sense) and get out on the break. They haven't really done much of that in the last few games. They were able to cause some disruption which led to LSU mistakes and Auburn successes in the second half. In the first half, they had 2 steals for 6 points while they had 7 steals for 16 points in the second half. That's what he had at Tennessee. That's how this team needs to operate. They aren't going to be able to guard like Florida or South Carolina and force tough shots consistently and close out possessions. So, they need to find ways to create or force mistakes and come up with the loose balls and deflections. When that happens, this team has fun and plays well. When they don't cause those problems, they get it taken to them.

Can someone detail some of the Ben Simmons stuff? I was under the impression that they weren't even recruiting him and him being unfamiliar with the American process (I had heard he didn't even know he had to go to college at all) and just chose LSU because of a family relationship, contacted them and said "hey I wanna come to your school" -- similar to OJ Mayo to USC

Lol which I guess is kinda funny because OJ Mayo led to some infractions at USC which it seems some on here are alluding to something similar? Now my information could be very wrong as I'm going off of hear-say and haven't done any research

Archived