The Coxcat no longer in the playbook

Maverick.AU

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn fans certainly remember the strange Wildcat formation with Chandler Cox last season.

You know the one: the fullback lines up at quarterback, takes the snap and performs a strange pirouette in the backfield before deciding whether to hand off the ball or run it himself.

It didn’t result in much production. He carried the ball five times for six yards in the first two games (including four in the opener against Clemson), and finished the season with seven carries for 15 yards and one touchdown. Cox’s longest carry stretched six yards.

Rhett Lashlee all but eliminated the play from the playbook when he took over play-calling duties after Week 4 last season, and it appears it may be in the distant past with newly-hired offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey handling things this spring and next season.

“That’s definitely a thing of the past,” Cox said. “It was fun while it lasted. We may run it again, I don’t know. It’d be cool to do it again, we’ll see.”

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/The-CoxCat-is-probably-no-longer-in-Auburns-playbook-51584323

Just now, logan adams said:

No, it would not be cool to do it again Chandler. Sorry, but that is not your role. 

Said the exact same thing, lol.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Said the exact same thing, lol.

He needs to embrace his position as an excellent blocker, with the occasional dump pass down low. He's not quite as big as Prosch, but he could develop to be just as good as him in the same role. 

2 hours ago, logan adams said:

No, it would not be cool to do it again Chandler. Sorry, but that is not your role. 

Why you gotta be such a hater?

Why?

(sarc off)

We can only hope it is dead and buried or burned.Please no more Cox cat whirlybird.Im' ok with Cox running the ball just not that play.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I bet its the first play we run this year

I can only imagine the melt if we came out in it. Lol

3 hours ago, logan adams said:

He needs to embrace his position as an excellent blocker, with the occasional dump pass down low. He's not quite as big as Prosch, but he could develop to be just as good as him in the same role. 

I get the feeling that Cox is better prepared to embrace whatever role he's given than anyone else on the team. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I get the feeling that Cox is better prepared to embrace whatever role he's given than anyone else on the team. 

I agree, he told porter that he shouldn't hold back on yelling at him and pushing him to a limit he's never been before. Cox will always be a favorite once he's done. Love his attitude 

The Twirly Bird is the football equivalent to the Affliction clothing line. Isn't and never was cool.

6 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

The Twirly Bird is the football equivalent to the Affliction clothing line. Isn't and never was cool.

Actual lol 

Next on the chopping block:  Hurry up to the line of scrimmage and wait while coaches hold the snap for 30 seconds to play peek-a-boo with the defense.

17 hours ago, logan adams said:

Chandler, it would be cool to you, but to 87,000 others......uhhhh..NO!!! :dead:

13 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Next on the chopping block:  Hurry up to the line of scrimmage and wait while coaches hold the snap for 30 seconds to play peek-a-boo with the defense.

Funny thing,

For real meerkats, that's a defensive formation.

18 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I can only imagine the melt if we came out in it. Lol

At least I would get a new TV, because I guarantee you I would throw the PBR can through this one at around 80 mph. :rollin:

Can't wait to see what change coach Lindsey will make with this offense. Heaven knows we need to see major changes so we don't see 2016 again.

Archived