2018 4* OT Richard Gouraige (Florida)

ellitor

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, fredst said:

D1D9B0C3-4570-4D59-BC29-46DB6746A12D.gif

you the GOAT for this!!! love me some donald faison!!! aka turk on scrubs!!!! MR FRED IS AU FAMILY MVP!!!!!

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

are you the same guy who said that on 247 that I just read?! genuinely curious because I agree!!! And I just think that is what happens when we have to be different from other schools and our whole pitch is the AU family, atmosphere, the "nice" school and just trying to be as different as georgia/kirby and alabama/saban in general. We have to be polar opposites as them. It has helped us get these top 10 classes but it def breeds a certain aura around our coaches as their buddy and friend being all laid back and chill. We need more KILLERS in closing time!! I believe in garner and twill when it comes to big boy recruiting but is there another one like that on our staff? We will learn a lot about kodi down the stretch this cycle.

I am unmasked. ? Seriously, we completely agree on this one. I am well aware that weve had some really nice Top 10 classes, but there’s a lot of difference in Top 10 and Top 5. Niehbur recently wrote a piece on 4 guys from one of the all star games who said AU finished second. They were all studs. Trey Hill was one who comes to mind. He went on to say how well they spoke of our coaches and atmosphere and how flattering it was that AU was that well thought of. But apparently not well enough, because they signed with someone else. I don’t remember many recruits referring to Saban, Meyer, or Smart as cool laid back dudes. We need more balance between laid back and relentless in my opinion.  

17 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I am unmasked. ? Seriously, we completely agree on this one. I am well aware that weve had some really nice Top 10 classes, but there’s a lot of difference in Top 10 and Top 5. Niehbur recently wrote a piece on 4 guys from one of the all star games who said AU finished second. They were all studs. Trey Hill was one who comes to mind. He went on to say how well they spoke of our coaches and atmosphere and how flattering it was that AU was that well thought of. But apparently not well enough, because they signed with someone else. I don’t remember many recruits referring to Saban, Meyer, or Smart as cool laid back dudes. We need more balance between laid back and relentless in my opinion.  

haha MY MAN!!!! I totally agree! I think top 10 this year is closer to 20 than we are the top 5. There is def a difference. Stacking top 10 classes is nice but there seems to be a cap on how high (no reuben foster pun intended! lol) we can get! We seem to not be able to crack that top 5. Only time I can remember in the rivals era us getting a top 5 class was the cam class where we were number 4 on rivals I believe. Man right?! when all these kids have glowing things to say about our coaches we need to close on said kids. Luke Ford and trey hill are 2 that come to mind as well. Omgsh they could not stop gushing about AU/gus/other coaches/ atmosphere and how the iron bowl was the best game they have ever attended. Both signed with georgia a few weeks later............ You are right they do not say those same things about kirby, smart or meyer. Heck luke ford said Gus was the coolest coach he had ever been around.

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don’t remember many recruits referring to Saban, Meyer, or Smart as cool laid back dudes.

I’ve actually heard people say Meyer is the more chill version of Saban. Lol your point stands as intended though.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Heck luke ford said Gus was the coolest coach he had ever been around

I didn’t read that holy wall of text but this part did stick out to me. Do you remember when somebody said they looked up to Ellis Johnson because he reminded the recruit of his grandpa. Of course that guy didn’t choose Auburn. You get my point though.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve actually heard people say Meyer is the more chill version of Saban. Lol your point stands as intended though.

I didn’t read that holy wall of text but this part did stick out to me. Do you remember when somebody said they looked up to Ellis Johnson because he reminded the recruit of his grandpa. Of course that guy didn’t choose    Auburn. You get my point though.

haha what he said was def way more of a compliment than what said recruit said about EJ. But hey at least EJ netted us darrell williams! He was the one recruit who was smitten with gramps! lol IDK why. SO random.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

haha what he said was def way more of a compliment than what said recruit said about EJ. But hey at least EJ netted us darrell williams! He was the one recruit who was smitten with gramps! lol IDK why. SO random.

I thought Williams was the guy that basically begged through the newspapers for a Bama scholarship. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I thought Williams was the guy that basically begged through the newspapers for a Bama scholarship. 

He committed to us early though. That is all I remember. Did he?  I love Dwill my second favorite defensive player after jamel dean. I would hate it if that was the case. 

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He committed to us early though. That is all I remember. Did he?  I love Dwill my second favorite defensive player after jamel dean. I would hate it if that was the case. 

I will say no more since he’s your boy. He used to be intrigued with Saban’s remote controllled door IIRC. Haha

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I will say no more since he’s your boy. He used to be intrigued with Saban’s remote controllled door IIRC. Haha

for ............ sake lol good grief.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

there’s a lot of difference in Top 10 and Top 5.

Facts don't back up this belief a few have echoed. Not winning & playing for championships wise the past 15 years. There have been more teams ranked in the top 10 in recruiting leading up to their natty game win or appearance than top 5 classes.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Facts don't back up this belief a few have echoed. Not winning & playing for championships wise the past 15 years. There have been more teams ranked in the top 10 in recruiting leading up to their natty game win or appearance than top 5 classes.

The past 15 years: Bama has won 5, USC won 2, Texas won 1, and OSU won 1.  I’m pretty sure they were all recruiting at a Top 5 level, and I know for a fact that’s the case for Bama and OSU, so its got to count for something. The difference in the Top class and 10th class is usually about two 5 stars and over 4 years that’s a difference of eight 5 stars. My premise is less on an individual year and more on the cumulative effect on a roster. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The past 15 years: Bama has won 5, USC won 2, Texas won 1, and OSU won 1.  I’m pretty sure they were all recruiting at a Top 5 level, and I know for a fact that’s the case for Bama and OSU, so its got to count for something. The difference in the Top class and 10th class is usually about two 5 stars and over 4 years that’s a difference of eight 5 stars. My premise is less on an individual year and more on the cumulative effect on a roster. 

Yes on Bama. Not always with tOSU. The SRs on the National Championship team were the 18th ranked recruiting class.

Only 1 of Texas's 4 classes on their national championship roster were top 5 classes.1st in 2002. The other 3 classes on roster ranked 8th, 9th, & 13th.

On USC's 2004 national championship team their roster classes were 20th, 8th, 2nd, & 2nd. 2003 roster was 20th, 8th, & 2nd. Couldn't find info on class rankings from 2000.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

To narrow it down, I think there is actually more of a significant difference from the top 3 and the rest. I agree with your post though.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Look at how consistent the top 5 are over the top ten.  I don't even have to look it up and if you look at top five finishes they are a heck of a lot more top 5 recruiting teams there year in and year out than top ten teams.  Clemson is the one team that undersigns the 25 limit every year that has top 100 players but may not finish in the top 5 due to signing 20 instead of 25.

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes on Bama. Not always with tOSU. The SRs on the National Championship team were the 18th ranked recruiting class.

Only 1 of Texas's 4 classes on their national championship roster were top 5 classes.1st in 2002. The other 3 classes on roster ranked 8th, 9th, & 13th.
And they have disappeared since then due to that talent acquisition

On USC's 2004 national championship team their roster classes were 20th, 8th, 2nd, & 2nd. 2003 roster was 20th, 8th, & 2nd. Couldn't find info on class rankings from 2000.

Lets go last 10 years instead of last 20.  I'm not disagreeing with your facts but in the last 10 years I think you will see a difference.

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Lets go last 10 years instead of last 20.  I'm not disagreeing with your facts but in the last 10 years I think you will see a difference.

Only because Saban has a dynasty right now. Dynasties don't happen that often in football.When he retires it will go back to being more spread out in terms of top 5 or top 10 classes related to Championships..

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Look at how consistent the top 5 are over the top ten.  I don't even have to look it up and if you look at top five finishes they are a heck of a lot more top 5 recruiting teams there year in and year out than top ten teams.  Clemson is the one team that undersigns the 25 limit every year that has top 100 players but may not finish in the top 5 due to signing 20 instead of 25.

It's pretty even actually.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Soo this Richard Gouraige is a talented cat. I hope we land him.

Agreed, I'd go to the plains over UF any day. He'll regret it when they boot Mullen 2-3 years from now.

22 minutes ago, fredst said:

I hope somehow this dude, Wonnum, or Barnes land at AU. Not very confident in any of them though.

We were in good shape here before his Clemson OV. Let's see how that panned out.

On 1/2/2018 at 5:16 PM, ellitor said:

Gus ain't firing Hand. You can put that dream to rest.

Hey @Rednilla, I was just following WDE's info that he had already posted. You can facepalm one of his posts since he was the source.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hey @Rednilla, I was just following WDE's info that he had already posted. You can facepalm one of his posts since he was the source.

Ah, I didn't mean anything by it, I just saw the post as I was reading through this thread and thought it was funny, that's all.

Archived