Post a picture

Also, played Turtle Point on Kiawah Island. Wow. Cousin used to work for the Island and still gets the employee rates for himself and guests. We paid $50.00 to ride 18. Could have done the same for the Ocean Course that morning, but my Uncle has a bum foot and you have to walk that course. Honestly, nicest place I've ever played. 

20171222_132501.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Speaking of...Oklahoma trip in November. 

Great. Now I'm hungry for duck, birdshot and all. I had a buddy who is a big duck hunter and he used to make "duck nuggets" which were just tenders wrapped in bacon, marinated in Dale's and grilled. And they were amazing. Just had to be careful not to bite down to hard because of the shot.

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Also, played Turtle Point on Kiawah Island. Wow. Cousin used to work for the Island and still gets the employee rates for himself and guests. We paid $50.00 to ride 18. Could have done the same for the Ocean Course that morning, but my Uncle has a bum foot and you have to walk that course. Honestly, nicest place I've ever played. 

20171222_132501.jpg

Damn. That's purty. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Awesome pics, @Barnacle! You know it's all about the right angle on those pics....

Did you ever pick up a copy of The Old Man and the Boy? 

YES! I did, and its sitting on my bedside table. Unfortunately, law school makes leisure reading a rare luxury. That being said, I've read through the first chapter, and I'm looking forward to reading through the rest of the stories. Really glad I picked it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

YES! I did, and its sitting on my bedside table. Unfortunately, law school makes leisure reading a rare luxury. That being said, I've read through the first chapter, and I'm looking forward to reading through the rest of the stories. Really glad I picked it up.

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it! And good luck in law school!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Barnacle said:

20171222_132501.jpg

Great courses played both a lot. How did you play? Hopefully good

56 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great courses played both a lot. How did you play? Hopefully good

I played well on the front (for me) and shot 42. Fell apart on the back and shot 48. All in all, I was striking it well, save for a few errant drives and some three putts. Didn't have huge expectations because I hadn't played in a couple months, but man the weather was perfect and it felt like we were the only ones on the course. Those ocean holes are pretty amazing too. Just a great day of golf with my uncles and cousin. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it! And good luck in law school!

and hope I'm not out of line here, but hope he gets Boards with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, McLoofus said:

Great. Now I'm hungry for duck, birdshot and all. I had a buddy who is a big duck hunter and he used to make "duck nuggets" which were just tenders wrapped in bacon, marinated in Dale's and grilled. And they were amazing. Just had to be careful not to bite down to hard because of the shot.

Oh yeah. Mouth-watering. We call them poppers. Usually insert a little sweet bell pepper in there. So good, especially with Dove. On a similar note, one of the guys on our trip took some of the meat and shredded it for a homemade gumbo. One of the best gumbos I've ever had. He made everything from scratch, including the roux. I need to get the recipe from him. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Oh yeah. Mouth-watering. We call them poppers. Usually insert a little sweet bell pepper in there. So good, especially with Dove. On a similar note, one of the guys on our trip took some of the meat and shredded it for a homemade gumbo. One of the best gumbos I've ever had. He made everything from scratch, including the roux. I need to get the recipe from him. 

uh YEAH you do

5 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I’ve got a recipe for skillet fried dove breasts drizzled with Drambouie, served over cheese grits...uuuuhhhh...

I absolutely love wild game. If you haven’t already, check out Steve Rinella(Meat Eater) on Facebook. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from a cruise.

Sunrise over the Caribbean, sunset, and an island off the coast of Belize with amazing snorkeling.

Will post more from my other camera soon.  Have some great shots at Stingray City to share.

0108180806_HDR.jpg

0109181823a.jpg

0110180955.jpg

• Like 4

image.jpeg

My 3rd generation grandmother, Mrs. Polly Jacoubs Gaskin. Her mother, grandfather, and grandmother, were Cherokee slaves. She was free. Her middle name was pronounced yacoos. They anglicized it later and made it Jacobs. She was Catawba-Creek mixed, full blooded Indian.

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 4

On 1/9/2018 at 11:54 AM, McLoofus said:

Damn. That's purty. 

Wrap in maple bacon. They are amazing. Have a son that is a duck hunter......great tailgate stuff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Winter and unusually cold Mexico Beach, FL

IMG_0153.JPG

I blame it on Mr. Greene. Coming in via ND and Buffalo, our new AD brought the weather with him.

I feel I must ETA that, though "blame" was the most appropriate word I could come up with, I meant it in no pejorative sense. This cold snap is the only thing this year that has shut up my local tree-frog chorus for a couple'a days.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I blame it on Mr. Greene. Coming in via ND and Buffalo, our new AD brought the weather with him.

I feel I must ETA that, though "blame" was the most appropriate word I could come up with, I meant it in no pejorative sense. This cold snap is the only thing this year that has shut up my local tree-frog chorus for a couple'a days.

No blame on Mr. Greene faux. 70 degrees Sunday. This little cold diversion needs to return to wherever. "Blame" always a an appropriate word for anything new when we are in these unbearable conditions.

Please come back  "local tree-frog chorus"   

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 7:09 PM, SaltyTiger said:

No blame on Mr. Greene faux. 70 degrees Sunday. This little cold diversion needs to return to wherever. "Blame" always a an appropriate word for anything new when we are in these unbearable conditions.

Please come back  "local tree-frog chorus"   

They're there

in full-throated, four-part cacophony. 

All is right.

• Like 1