Post a picture

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I have my great grandfather’s

.41 colt revolver. What kind of pistol is that?

Im sure you're as proud to have that done as I am this one. It's a Smith and Wesson 38. It was my great uncle's who was the nearest thing to a grandfather I ever had. It hadn't been fired in over 40 years when I got it last year. I had it cleaned and checked out. The guy said from the best he could tell is was probably made in the 1920's. I'm thrilled to have it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

I've always liked the Old West in movies and such. Like Jimmy Buffet when he says he is a pirate born 200 years too late I sometimes think I was born 100 years too late. While in Arizona seeing the Grand Canyon last week we drove down to Tombstone. Loved the movie and wanted to see the town. The main street is pretty well preserved, dirt street and wooden sidewalks with most original store fronts. I was impressed because most locals are dressed in period appropriate attire. While there I purchased a holster from a saddlemaker for my revolver which is just about 100 years old. Overall this stop was one of my favorites on the entire trip. 

KIMG0905.JPG

KIMG0909.JPG

IMAG0029~2.jpg

When there with my parents and just like you it was after going to the Grand Canyon. Those were some good times of course it was a long long long time ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gr82be said:

I've always liked the Old West in movies and such. Like Jimmy Buffet when he says he is a pirate born 200 years too late I sometimes think I was born 100 years too late. While in Arizona seeing the Grand Canyon last week we drove down to Tombstone. Loved the movie and wanted to see the town. The main street is pretty well preserved, dirt street and wooden sidewalks with most original store fronts. I was impressed because most locals are dressed in period appropriate attire. While there I purchased a holster from a saddlemaker for my revolver which is just about 100 years old. Overall this stop was one of my favorites on the entire trip. 

KIMG0905.JPG

KIMG0909.JPG

IMAG0029~2.jpg

Awesome.  Encounter any paranormal activity? Ghost Adventures has filmed a couple of episodes there.  

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Awesome.  Encounter any paranormal activity? Ghost Adventures has filmed a couple of episodes there.  

Not that I know of, lol. At least I think everyone I saw was real. They were selling the tour though. My wife doesn't care for that kind of thing. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 8:31 AM, McLoofus said:

Haven't gotten tired of the oaks or Spanish moss yet, that's for sure.

The birds, either. There are some herons nesting in the top of one of those trees in the moon picture. I've seen herons all my life, but always pretty close to the ground. And they never make any noise. Seeing and hearing those giant birds flap around and squawk up there... alligators below... it's Jurassic freakin Park on a golf course. Definitely enjoying that stuff. 

So jealous.  You get much of the same environmental enjoyment we get down here....but with actual seasons!  Nice pics!

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 8:19 PM, McLoofus said:

Um, guys? I'm pretty sure I know what @augolf1716 looks like now.

You may actually be right.  I've seen this same guy at music fests down here...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So jealous.  You get much of the same environmental enjoyment we get down here....but with actual seasons!  Nice pics!

True. We do get more of a winter than y'all, no doubt. But summer has begun in earnest and the snow on the palms a few months ago seems like less reality than distant dream. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

True. We do get more of a winter than y'all, no doubt. But summer has begun in earnest and the snow on the palms a few months ago seems like less reality than distant dream. 

Snow?  What's this "snow" you speak of?

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

image.jpeg

Informer, ya' no say daddy me Snow me I go blame
A licky boom boom down
‘Tective man a say, say daddy me Snow me stab someone down the lane
A licky boom boom down

Okay, I 'bout spit out my coffee when I opened this...

• Haha 2

Cece's first trip to Six Flags. Park was surprisingly empty today. Hardly had to wait on a single ride. Sadie is, of course, our big rollercoaster rider. 

zzUxPDu.jpg

AJjGuiG.jpg

fxpUinV.jpg

XVxGwyO.jpg

xqDREJn.jpg

lFkOkwL.jpg

0NcHqtn.jpg

4d6XOsA.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Such a great day...when you can get out for a few days with one of the kids, it's a great time.

IMG_8532 (3).JPG

Edited by japantiger
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Woke up to a hell of a storm this morning. Lots of lightning  Managed to capture this bolt.  

Xi6bLfL.png

wPaHvW1.png

egfz9vm.png

MINayvD.png

32K5bSa.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

When lightening meets a 28” diameter overcup oak. 

56E2743C-E728-449C-B67E-332DCC2C4E46.jpeg

2153D855-B4BA-4CB5-A933-50B6E9C28E4D.jpeg

A0525BEC-9F31-4822-8CE3-0CF595D0166B.jpeg

Crap.......................... being a golfer I've seen enough lighting in my life but damn smell of burn wood

• Like 1

Just finished a trip with the family up to the Great Smoky Mountains. Sure is pretty up there. Also caught one of the prettiest full size rainbows I have seen. All colors were clearly visible. Rainbows are below. 

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Saw this beautiful old ad while at one of the Honky Tonk's in Nashville week.  Unfortunately the bar wouldn't let me purchase it.

0712180031.jpg

• Like 3

My view from the cabin. Loved the mornings just looking out with a cup of coffee. Wish we had a little bit more of the cooler mountain temps. Temps were still mid to high 70s in morning and mid to high 90s during day. Not exactly mountain temps lol. A few pics had the "Smoke" after a recent rain. 

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Heck of a view!  What was the name of that cabin if you don't mind me asking?  I'm looking to book one pretty soon and am wanting that type of view.

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Heck of a view!  What was the name of that cabin if you don't mind me asking?  I'm looking to book one pretty soon and am wanting that type of view.

Not to jump in...but...We have rented the last two years from http://www.greatsmokyscabinrentals.com/

This is in Bryson City, NC. The cabins we stayed in are Sunrise in the Smokies and Smoky Mountain High. Both had fantastic views.

2A074E35-0B91-4767-9865-0E7A12466500.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2