Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

I thought we were in trouble after we stunk up the second half last week and Gus was happy as he could be. I hate saban but he would have been made as hell with a team playing that way. Fact is we were just plain out coached again and this time by a clown as a head coach.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TigerHorn said:

I'm ready for Gus to go too, now, but you are completely, 110% out of your cotton-pickin' mind! Steele got absolutely destroyed as HC at Baylor. He was one of the worst in their very much less than glorious history. Steele is a fine choice if you want us to lose out. 

Gus finishes the season, barring a complete collapse. If JJ isn't canned, we probably suffer another season of this. If JJ goes, all bets are off. 

Baylor was a dumpster fire when he was there.  Had zero talent.  WT's plan would work the rest of this season.  If he let's Chip alone it's already an upgrade.

It would appear that Gus wants to be fired.  Either that or he is pushing Kerryon for the heisman.  1st quarter we appeared to be sharp and UNPREDICTABLE.  Final three quarters just hand the ball off to Kerryon and then throw the ball into double coverage deep.  I love Kerryon but we have way too much talent to have him or anyone carry the football 31 times.  I am officially off the Gus bus the only other time I can remember being this disgusted is in 2003.  I just hate it when we have potential to be really good and blow games like tonight.  I can take losing, I'm an Auburn fan but to give games away to inferior teams really makes my blood boil

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Baylor was a dumpster fire when he was there.  Had zero talent.  WT's plan would work the rest of this season.  If he let's Chip alone it's already an upgrade.

I agree.. fire him when he steps off the plane tonight.  Let Steele run the defense and Lindsey the offense... look for a head coach at season's end. 

10 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

We need to move Steele to Interim Head coach and let Chip take the offense and Steele to stay out of his way.   What we saw today was inexcusable and should have never happened.  We have to make a change or we'll never see anything different.  It sucks but its the reality of where we are, IMO.

No.  Steele is a disaster as a HC and is a big reason we lost this game today.  Fire Gus privately and start the search.  No interim crap.  Jay Jacobs is incapable of making a hire much less managing an interim situation.

wde

Just now, TigerHorn said:

I'm ready for Gus to go too, now, but you are completely, 110% out of your cotton-pickin' mind! Steele got absolutely destroyed as HC at Baylor. He was one of the worst in their very much less than glorious history. Steele is a fine choice if you want us to lose out. 

Gus finishes the season, barring a complete collapse. If JJ isn't canned, we probably suffer another season of this. If JJ goes, all bets are off. 

WarTiger:  "We need to move Steele to Interim Head coach and let Chip take the offense and Steele to stay out of his way.   What we saw today was inexcusable and should have never happened.  We have to make a change or we'll never see anything different.  It sucks but its the reality of where we are, IMO"

I think WT's key word, "Interim" and phrase "let Chip take the offense and  Steele stay out of his way" are what make this an interesting and quite possibly successful mid-season solution.  Players have buy-in with current coaches...nothing would change except the one in which they understandably may be losing their confidence. Mid-season transitions can work if you stick to ONE variable.  They can bring a fresh energy.  Painful to admit...LSU went 5:2 under Coach O. following the Auburn game last year. Defeated Louisville in their Citrus Bowl, too.  You just never know...sometimes the risk is worth it.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

No.  Steele is a disaster as a HC and is a big reason we lost this game today.  Fire Gus privately and start the search.  No interim crap.  Jay Jacobs is incapable of making a hire much less managing an interim situation.

wde

I blame no one but Gus for this loss.. The offense went into hiding after the 1st quarter.. could not move the ball in the second half and couldn't keep our defense off the field.. only one person to blame here.. 

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Thankfully it’s over halfway over. 

IT's over for me. No more expectations. I am just going to watch it and pull for the players. I won't give up on them, and I am not implying that anyone has. 

WAIT IS THIS REAL?!?!?! did KJ really say that??? HOLY hell Gus has officially lost this team.

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

IT's over for me. No more expectations. I am just going to watch it and pull for the players. I won't give up on them, and I am not implying that anyone has. 

Yeah but every time they show that fool on the sidelines I’m reminded of how incompentent and clueless he is and then he somehow manages to make himself look even more clueless and foolish.

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

No he's not.  The defense was on the field all damn day after the first quarter.  One of the TDs was stupid special teams.  This was on the offense and Gus's bullheaded play calling.

18 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We're going keep Gus until it gets real bad. Remember when JJ said that he knew we needed a new coach after the Arky game when Chiz was here... we continued to play Seven more games. 

Please no!!!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WAIT IS THIS REAL?!?!?! did KJ really say that??? HOLY hell Gus has officially lost this team.

woof. 

Gus looks REALLY uncomfortable at the presser. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

No he's not.  The defense was on the field all damn day after the first quarter.  One of the TDs was stupid special teams.  This was on the offense and Gus's bullheaded play calling.

No. the D broke down on a couple of plays on both of LSU's TDs in the 1st half on basic plays that, had they been played on a fundamental level, would have been prevented.  Additionally, on LSU's first scoring drive, why did we not have our 1st string DL on the field when they where backed up on their own 10 yard line.

wde

54 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

images.jpg

This "BuffaloChip" is good for nothing but starting a fire with! He is a nut job. May as well trade Gus for that hoghead at Arky1

Welp.  Look folks unless the wheels come off and we lose to Arky and A&M Gus isn't getting fired before the end of the season.  Here's the real problem.  As much as I love this University and this football program, until Auburn decides it WANTS to be a big time player on a CONSISTENT basis in football we are going to keep getting these average seasons with sprinkles of glory mixed in like 13, 10, 04 etc.   Its been 28 freaking years since this program won 10 games or more in back to back seasons.  This is not JUST a  Gus problem.  This goes deeper.  Gus must go but depending on who makes the hire and who is in the background helping make the hire we will keep getting what we are getting until they are willing to give a proven head coach FULL control and get the heck out of the way.  

Archived