FINAL: Auburn 40 Georgia 17

RunInRed

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just think. some peeps on this board wanted us to lose this and bama to see gus gone. i am proud to see it blew up in their face. if it is true we got gus for another year lets hope he keeps learning and giving us moments like this to savor.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

True but playing a good team on the road is a different deal as the dawgs found out

And just now MSU took the lead over bama with 4 minutes quarter one.

MSU up 7-0, dominating the time of possession. 

Do we need bama to be undefeated when we play them? Or would a (potential) loss to MSU not matter much?

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

I relate with this...but IF lessons were learned and character was built (team and coaches) that couldn't have been any other way, I will (only) whisper that delayed gratification has its own gourmet flavor. Eau de dog, McPee Pants!!

I'm hoping this is truly the case. Sometimes failure is where you learn the most. If the LSU debacle is what it took to make Gus an all around better coach then so be it. This truly could be a turning point. If we play OUR GAME 4 quarters and don't focus on playing "not to lose" we have a chance against anyone. 

4 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Does a bama loss tonight eliminate us from playoff contention?

I hope not. Of course, technically, it would be our dumb loss to LSU. :angry:

Anyway, it's 7-7 right now. MSU was dominating time of possession. bama came back with a long pass play. 

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

MSU up 7-0, dominating the time of possession. 

Do we need bama to be undefeated when we play them? Or would a (potential) loss to MSU not matter much?

Any scenario works for me...they still have to come to our house. If they come demoralized due to Moo (internally...I expect the swagger to attempt to camouflage), that will be even sweeter.

6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Right now I’ll will be in hog heaven with 3 more wins before the bowl whether we play in the playoff or not

6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Bama is not going to lose to Ms St. Even if they play ugly, they just have superior talent and depth and will grind them down.  I would love to see them lose two SEC games in a row though. That would be nice.

4 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Doubtful.  Alabama would still be in the top 10 coming into the Iron Bowl.  Auburn just embarrassed the #1 team.  Georgia will probably still be in the top 10 by the SEC Championship Game.  It is hard to argue against Auburn if they storm through that gauntlet.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

just think. some peeps on this board wanted us to lose this and bama to see gus gone. i am proud to see it blew up in their face. if it is true we got gus for another year lets hope he keeps learning and giving us moments like this to savor.

not 1 person. 

Just now, Strychnine said:

Doubtful.  Alabama would still be in the top 10 coming into the Iron Bowl.  Auburn just embarrassed the #1 team.  Georgia will probably still be in the top 10 by the SEC Championship Game.  It is hard to argue against Auburn if they storm through that gauntlet.

The SEC champions will ALWAYS be in the playoffs unless they have 3 losses. I'll put down a lifetime guarantee bet on this with naming rights to my first born.

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

Any scenario works for me...they still have to come to our house. If they come demoralized due to Moo (internally...I expect the swagger to attempt to camouflage), that will be even sweeter.

Well, even if they lose to MSU, they still control their destiny. But I'd love to see us put a beatdown on them. If we do that, it won't matter if they're undefeated or 1-loss. 

14 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I really think we need Bama and UGA only losses be to us. DANG IT!! I'm sick of having to pull for Bama! It's just not natural 

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

He has genuinely shown that he did in fact learn from the LSU debacle. I would rather have lost to LSU and Gus "finally" learned a lesson when facing our 2 most hated rivals. He appears to have genuinely changed his outlook on games and game situations. JMHO. wde 

2 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I really think we need Bama and UGA only losses be to us. DANG IT!! I'm sick of having to pull for Bama! It's just not natural 

Amen!

Archived