SECCG thoughts on what to expect

gr82b4au

At least one of our RBs not named Kerryon needs to pull a Tre Smith and our WR's need to catch everything in their zip code. I have a feeling this will be a freewheeling game with plenty of "big plays".

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind the UGA players and coaches just watched us dismantle bammer. You have to think that's weighing heavily on their psyche. Hell I bet Kirby is scared to death lol.

8 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Keep in mind the UGA players and coaches just watched us dismantle bammer. You have to think that's weighing heavily on their psyche. Hell I bet Kirby is scared to death lol.

Thuga played scared in the first game.  After getting curb stomped and then watching AU hammer bammer, there's no reason to think they're going to suddenly be the bully.

The only thing that can stop AU this weekend is if our Mr. Hyde of a coach suddenly becomes Dr. Jeckyl again.  Otherwise, AU will own the pups.

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Just heard spurrier on the radio say that the game will not be the same bc both Georgia and Alabama had bad games against Auburn and had a lot of self inflicted wounds.  Does not think Georgia will make the same mistakes again. Thoughts?

I think we will once again, for the 3rd game in 4 weeks, have to play out of our mind to win. I think we can and will do it but it will be close. 

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Just heard spurrier on the radio say that the game will not be the same bc both Georgia and Alabama had bad games against Auburn and had a lot of self inflicted wounds.  Does not think Georgia will make the same mistakes again. Thoughts?

I think Spurrier isn't considering WHY both Georgia and Alabama had bad games against us. Maybe it's because our defense forced them to have bad games. Spurrier is an offensive guy, not a defensive guy.  When he won championships it was because he out scored the other team, not because he stopped them from scoring.  We do both.

I don't know that Kirby has much more to show on offense then what we have seen, so we can go in with a very similar defensive playbook. Gus/Chip on the other hand, have shown in the past 3 weeks, that our offense has plenty up its sleeve that Georgia hasn't seen yet, at least in person. I hope they come in planning to defend exactly what we gave them 3 weeks ago and we give them a whole different offense, just for fun.

I also hope both of our lines continue to own their lines, because then it really won't matter what they do.

6 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I don't think they will either. They will make different mistakes that will have the same result.

Georgia will play angry and will get penalized for it. They don't have the influence Bama does over officiating. And unless their offense completely changes, they won't suddenly blow up the scoreboard either.

Our defense didn't fill up the stat sheet against Bama. They'll make up for it this week.

Tray Matthews, Tre' Williams, Stephen Roberts, Carlton Davis, Daniel Carlson, Austin Golson, Braden Smith - all of these guys have busted their tails off since they got to Auburn and I'll be damned if they let the opportunity before them slip away now in their final seasons at Auburn. Georgia doesn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of beating us on Saturday.

7 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I have it on good authority that AU played perfectly in both games.  They didn't make one single mistake in any aspect.  That's why they won 2707 to...

Auburn can only beat teams who don't play perfect games cuz, you know.... Everybody's better than Auburn. 

I love that kind of nah-nah sour grapes analysis. <_<

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

At least one of our RBs not named Kerryon needs to pull a Tre Smith and our WR's need to catch everything in their zip code. I have a feeling this will be a freewheeling game with plenty of "big plays".

I'll take another big or possibly bigger game than last from NCM.

I hope Kam Martin will be at full strength. We will need him to take the load off of KJ. He needs to be effective with his ability to get through the hole rapidly and pick up chunks of yardage when needed.  Miller & Barrett need to be ready as well. This game could come down to having a running game with success through a committee of backs each sharing the load.

I think KJ is too banged up to run him like he did against bammer and Uga the first go round. If he can carry the ball between 15-20 times with the other backs picking up the slack, our passing game should open up nicely.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I hope Kam Martin will be at full strength. We will need him to take the load off of KJ. He needs to be effective with his ability to get through the hole rapidly and pick up chunks of yardage when needed.  Miller & Barrett need to be ready as well. This game could come down to having a running game with success through a committee of backs each sharing the load.

I think KJ is too banged up to run him like he did against bammer and Uga the first go round. If he can carry the ball between 15-20 times with the other backs picking up the slack, our passing game should open up nicely.

I'm afraid Gus will still run him 30+ times.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I think Spurrier isn't considering WHY both Georgia and Alabama had bad games against us. Maybe it's because our defense forced them to have bad games. Spurrier is an offensive guy, not a defensive guy.  When he won championships it was because he out scored the other team, not because he stopped them from scoring.  We do both.

I don't know that Kirby has much more to show on offense then what we have seen, so we can go in with a very similar defensive playbook. Gus/Chip on the other hand, have shown in the past 3 weeks, that our offense has plenty up its sleeve that Georgia hasn't seen yet, at least in person. I hope they come in planning to defend exactly what we gave them 3 weeks ago and we give them a whole different offense, just for fun.

I also hope both of our lines continue to own their lines, because then it really won't matter what they do.

Spurrier must've forgotten 2010 when his South Carolina team lost a close game to Auburn in the regular season and got absolutely drilled in the championship game... I have half a mindset that if we don't hang 50 on the dawgs I might be disappointed...

I am getting old and cranky these days......The next days leading up to the game will be full of speculation and a lot of trolls throwing things at us to create whatever havoc they tend to inflict. Stay the course true fans and know that our team has our back and will do what they need to do to win Saturday and down the road.

Kirby has already cried out to the SEC office with plays he thinks his team was dealt with bad plays in his mind. Kirby is one of the biggest cry babies among the SEC coaches and has been this way for years since his days at bammer. He and Dabbo are both whiners. I hope we meet Clemson for the title game and just take them to the woodshed big time.  I do not believe in revenge, but believe in correcting problems and having a rock solid resolve in doing so.

Pass protection without Kerryon worries me. 

We got some breaks but all winning teams do. UGA made mistakes in round 1 and we made them pay for it. We need to force them into mistakes again and capitalize.

This may be where we will be forced to win a game with Stidham's arm being the driving force rather than a heavy compliment to KJ.

I just do not see this being as easy as the first time at all.  I think playing at home for both Georgia and Bama really helped us a lot and we probably did get some good breaks due to that (crowd noise).  We have no idea if KJ is going to play, and if he does he will most likely not be at 100%.

I think we will probably give up one punt return for a TD and probably give up another long one that will set them up (punt and kick coverage are by far the worst components of this team).  They will pass more this game, I believe, and if they have success it could open the running game up for more success than they had the first time. I'm hoping for something in the AU 31 UGA 24 type range.  I hope I am wrong and we blow them out again, but i'm not banking on it.

I’m a 40 year auburn fan. I am never over confident....ever. The fact our big wins happened at home are being brought up a lot on the sports shows (especially Danielson). I think we have to consider this given the fact our losses were on the road.  I am nervous about Kerryon as well. However, if you had told me I would even get to consider Auburn’s chances in the SEC championship after the LSU game, I would have called that crazy. Everything for me now is gravy.

I was watching a breakdown on the sec network last night on a play Auburn ran  against Georgia and I thought he inferred Stidham was making decisions at the line based on the defense (RPO). Do most feel decision making has been placed more on Stidham as to which option to take from the called RPO?

A lot of you guys seem very confident. I feel very nervous about this game. If we can somehow win, I surely do not want bama to make the playoffs. I feel like I would hear it for the rest of my life if we somehow made the playoffs and bama did as well and then we LOST to them.

Finebaum (the big dweeb) picked Auburn as being the most likely to be upset. Kind of silly to even call that an upset since the line is very near a pick it and the fpi percent is 50.5%

Again everyone talking about uat and uga playing bad against us. You think maybe us kicking their butts had something to do with that ? I’m pretty sure that when teams against uat look bad their fans are not attributing the loss to the opposing team making mistakes. Write this down” Auburn made uat and uga make mistakes and come Saturday we are going to make uga make mistakes again” it is not rocket science folks. WDE

38 minutes ago, autigersj said:

A lot of you guys seem very confident. I feel very nervous about this game. If we can somehow win, I surely do not want bama to make the playoffs. I feel like I would hear it for the rest of my life if we somehow made the playoffs and bama did as well and then we LOST to them.

The last time they met an SECW team in the postseason, it didn't go so well for the other team, that's for sure. 

Archived