Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

7 hours ago, Paladin said:

Love it.  Orange Cassidy has created such a shtick that he can give a great match with anyone.  Just the right amount of comedy along with being an extremely talented wrestler.  His match with Pac was phenomenal.  Looking forward to this one.  

• Like 1

AEW announces new signings.  Both were in action on Wednesday night.

Abadon was one creepy chick.  She looked like a chucky version of nikki cross lol.  Looked good in ring.  Nice pickup for the division. 

Ricky Starks gave Cody a nice match. I like his potential. Fits the promotion mold. Good get.

• Like 1

Burn!

Also think Natalya needs to hang em up. Nobody seems to respond to her anymore, and I believe they are keeping her around bc of her dad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Also think Natalya needs to hang em up. Nobody seems to respond to her anymore, and I believe they are keeping her around bc of her dad.

She was there for the Ronda introduction to WWE but has not really been relevant since.  The character has grown stale and boring now. 

• Like 1

The tag team division in AEW now with Lucha Brothers back to fight FTR.

200.gif

8 man tag at Fyter Fest. Lucha Bros and Butcher/Blade vs Young Bucks and FTR. Holy crap what a match that will be. FTR vs SCU was fantastic Wednesday. 

So WWE brings back Great American Bash for NXT to combat with AEW. Isn't it funny how AEW is dictating this war without directly trying to go head to head? WWE has copied AEW instead of the other way around, especially through the pandemic.  I can watch AEW and not even think about no crowd, but WWE still feels like a TV set. Either way it's good for us wrestling fans being there are ways to watch both shows on demand afterwards. 

Edited by AUBwins

@GwillMac6

It's now or never for AEW. Get Tessa now! With WWE losing their female stars recently you know they will bid high, but AEW needs a very strong female presence. I know she comes with baggage but you have to try. Maybe her dad will keep her in line. Lol. Please happen!

PS I think she was planning a move this summer anyways when her contract expired. 

Edited by AUBwins

At least according to reports, WWE is the only known group with solid interest and discussion with Tessa.  Man I hope AEW gets her to beef up the division.  She does not have a non compete and can start anywhere immediately. 

On 6/25/2020 at 11:22 PM, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6

It's now or never for AEW. Get Tessa now! With WWE losing their female stars recently you know they will bid high, but AEW needs a very strong female presence. I know she comes with baggage but you have to try. Maybe her dad will keep her in line. Lol. Please happen!

PS I think she was planning a move this summer anyways when her contract expired. 

I would think WWE and AEW will tread lightly with this. Especially in the current climate AND with all the recent scandals in wrestling. She has a checkered past and has been accused of spitting in a black fans face and calling her the N word. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2020/01/11/tessa-blanchard-under-fire-amid-allegations-of-racism-bullying/#542257202f1a

On 6/23/2020 at 10:10 AM, ArgoEagle said:

Bayley is uglier than the Hardy Boys.

She has certain ASSets. They do not flaunt her sex appeal like almost every other women wrestlers. But she def has it.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would think WWE and AEW will tread lightly with this. Especially in the current climate AND with all the recent scandals in wrestling. She has a checkered past and has been accused of spitting in a black fans face and calling her the N word. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2020/01/11/tessa-blanchard-under-fire-amid-allegations-of-racism-bullying/#542257202f1a

Yea I can see that with what's gone on the past month especially.  Although her dad is a pastor, and she gonna work somewhere. I do think AEW has more to lose if it goes wrong, but so far Tony Khan has made the right moves regarding leadership. Professionally though, i would love her to be in AEW, surprise for Fyter Fest even without full contract. That would make Vince squirm. 

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yea I can see that with what's gone on the past month especially.  Although her dad is a pastor, and she gonna work somewhere. I do think AEW has more to lose if it goes wrong, but so far Tony Khan has made the right moves regarding leadership. Professionally though, i would love her to be in AEW, surprise for Fyter Fest even without full contract. That would make Vince squirm. 

I hope WWE. Make the best division in ALL of wrestling even stronger. No one can touch the WWE womens division with their depth and star power. My favorite division to watch in all of wrasslin The men in wwe now for the most part are like BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO NO NO!!!!!! THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT!!!!! GIVE ME WHAT I WANT! lol. Besides the Street Profits of course!!! WE. WANT. THE. SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope WWE. Make the best division in ALL of wrestling even stronger. No one can touch the WWE womens division with their depth and star power. My favorite division to watch in all of WWE. The men in wwe now for the most part are like BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO NO NO!!!!!! THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT!!!!! GIVE ME WHAT I WANT! lol. Besides the Street Profits of course!!! WE. WANT. THE. SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respect that muh brotha. Totally agree the women in WWE are running that place. Just wait for that Sasha Bailey throwdown when it finally happens. Honestly though I need WWE to have fans back before I can get into it again. Just too structured right now. Probably the venue is the problem.  I have no issues with AEW shows regarding crowd, but can't get into WWE.  Could be the crappy storytelling lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

I respect that muh brotha. Totally agree the women in WWE are running that place. Just wait for that Sasha Bailey throwdown when it finally happens. Honestly though I need WWE to have fans back before I can get into it again. Just too structured right now. Probably the venue is the problem.  I have no issues with AEW shows regarding crowd, but can't get into WWE.  Could be the crappy storytelling lol

The women have been carrying the company on their damn back ever since the 4 horsewomen all got on the main roster. COMPLETELY changed the WWE and wrestling as a whole. Main eventing a lot of shows and ppv's and finally a mania at record rates. Completely changed how vince books his women talent. I HOPE next years mania in Inglewood is the 4 horsewomen main event. Becky may not be ready by then so many by 38 which will probaly be in Vegas or tampa.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

She has certain ASSets. They do not flaunt her sex appeal like almost every other women wrestlers. But she def has it.

yep! that's the case with a lot of women. If you could just crop their head and put Mariah Carey or JLo's face on their body, then it would be 👍

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

THIS ALL DAY                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Vince has turned WWE into one giant Soap Opera!  That fiasco with the Street Prophets and the Vikings was totally unbelievable and played up to about a 7 year old mentality if that. The Bray Wyatt schizophrenia act has gotten very old and way too unbelievable etc., etc.

It was way better in the days of DX, Stone Cold terrorizing Vince, The Nation of Domination, etc. The storylines were more simple and they did not show pre-recorded videos that lasted 20 minutes and were so stupid and insulted our intelligence as opposed to the ones today. Like yall said: Except for the women's division, there is very little interest in the men's divisions right now because of a bunch of Soap Opera type stories, and very little entertaining "WRESTLING MATCHES"!!!! IT'S CALLED WRESTLING VINCE!!!

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

THIS ALL DAY                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Vince has turned WWE into one giant Soap Opera!  That fiasco with the Street Prophets and the Vikings was totally unbelievable and played up to about a 7 year old mentality if that. The Bray Wyatt schizophrenia act has gotten very old and way too unbelievable etc., etc.

It was way better in the days of DX, Stone Cold terrorizing Vince, The Nation of Domination, etc. The storylines were more simple and they did not show pre-recorded videos that lasted 20 minutes and were so stupid and insulted our intelligence as opposed to the ones today. Like yall said: Except for the women's division, there is very little interest in the men's divisions right now because of a bunch of Soap Opera type stories, and very little entertaining "WRESTLING MATCHES"!!!! IT'S CALLED WRESTLING VINCE!!!

Bobby Lashley should have had a match with Brock by now. A guy his size and his experience in MMA should have been a no-brainer to have him go against Brock but for some reason WWE just won't do it.

But instead they had him in an interracial affair storyline with Lana and and having trash segments. Some people may like that sort of crap storylines(apparently Vince loves it) but it was cringeworthy. If you're going to do crappy storylines, at least make sure someone is benefiting from it. Instead what happens is WWE buried everyone involved.. Rusev got buried and Lashley got buried, even though Lashley 'won' in their feud. Nobody came out a winner in that mess.

• Like 2

Big night tonight! 2 PPVs basically.  AEW is going to be really good.  Can't wait. 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:15 PM, AUBwins said:

At least according to reports, WWE is the only known group with solid interest and discussion with Tessa.  Man I hope AEW gets her to beef up the division.  She does not have a non compete and can start anywhere immediately. 

They definitely need a better women's division with more star power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

They definitely need a better women's division with more star power.

Yes they do.  Tessa would be a gamechanger.  Could you imagine Tessa coming in as the surprise for Nyla? Not sure if it would happen because they are filming it tonight too air next week.  I was pleased with the match last night though. It was solid.  Penelope Ford is getting better every outing.  And of course Shida has great in ring skills.  They need to build her personality a little more.  She is pretty funny on social media, just a different side to her.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if Cage Moxley is live or taped?  I saw a screen grab but don’t know how legit it is.  It’ll have to wait till after the NASCAR all star race either way.  Got $$$ on the race.

Anyone listen to any of Conrad’s podcast or Cornette’s podcast?  Cornette hates AEW and Prichard is now running RAW and Smackdown.  I think both have really improved the past couple weeks. 

Edited by Win4AU

On 7/15/2020 at 7:09 PM, Win4AU said:

Anyone know if Cage Moxley is live or taped?  I saw a screen grab but don’t know how legit it is.  It’ll have to wait till after the NASCAR all star race either way.  Got $$$ on the race.

Anyone listen to any of Conrad’s podcast or Cornette’s podcast?  Cornette hates AEW and Prichard is now running RAW and Smackdown.  I think both have really improved the past couple weeks. 

It was live, but you probably already know that now. FTR vs Lucha Bros was awesome.  Who did you bet in the All Star race? I was stoked that Chase won.