ESPN Preseason FPI Rankings

WFE12

18 hours ago, corchjay said:

I don't want to be any other programs.  I love the Auburn Culture.  It's a part of our DNA.  I don't like the defeatist attitudes of some, the little brother attitude, but I do like the hard work attitude and blue collar team attitude.  

Gus has struggled in bowl games.  UCF this year was just a flop and he's responsible for the teams attitude which was very poor.  We have him for a minimum of the next 5 years.  The more the fan base gets behind him as a coach the better the recruiting can get.  When your own fan base trashes their coach the harder it gets to recruit.  Players and potential players definitely have access to the internet.  

But I still stand by what I said about winning on the road.  it's very difficult against good teams and we play 3 very good and well coached teams away from home next year.  

Gus is gone after two years if he loses to both uga and spuat in 2018 and 2019.

wde

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clemson had some top flight players decide to come back because they loved their team. The National Fools League will still be there. Wish Auburn players had the same heart. 

On 2/14/2018 at 7:12 PM, GwillMac6 said:

lol why do we have to give all of that up to be consistently great? We do not. Those 2 things do no directly correlate at all. If Clemson can do it we sure as hell can. They will ALWAYS be Auburns little brother even with their recent sustained success. WOOOO COME ON COACH JAY!!! I know so many people try so hard to act like Auburn is a beta but we are one of the MAIN ALPHA'S of the college football world. It is time to prove it consistently which our talent dictates we should.

ACC  vs SEC - Much tougher to win consistently, as you call it, in one of those two conferences.

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

ACC  vs SEC - Much tougher to win consistently, as you call it, in one of those two conferences.

Yes but With our talent we have had we should still win 10 games a year more than every few years. Our down years should be 10-3 and not 8-5 is what I am saying.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes but With our talent we have had we should still win 10 games a year more than every few years. Our down years should be 10-3 and not 8-5 is what I am saying.

May want to talk to our new athletic director that gave Gus one heck of a contract.

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

Mississippi State at #16 :-\:beer2:

Yeah, and that's number 4 in the SEC...based on what?  Would have been a stretch if Mullen wasn't in Gainesville and Fitzgerald hadn't destroyed an ankle.  

2 hours ago, DivisionN said:

Clemson had some top flight players decide to come back because they loved their team. The National Fools League will still be there. Wish Auburn players had the same heart. 

Oh yeah, like Peyton Barber who left with two years of eligibility, went undrafted and is now making a half million dollars a year and was finally able to give his mom a home?  

Peyton Barber and his mother

He's a real selfish bastard, not giving Auburn fans everything we deserve.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

May want to talk to our new athletic director that gave Gus one heck of a contract.

umm he did not give Gus a heck of a contract. That was leath. lol that was a month before he was even hired.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

umm he did not give Gus a heck of a contract. That was leath. lol that was a month before he was even hired.

Two posts in a row: zero exclamation points; zero gifs; very few capital letters.

E76D15E8-4EDE-4EE7-9E57-E31FE02B30BB.gif

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Two posts in a row: zero exclamation points; zero gifs; very few capital letters.

E76D15E8-4EDE-4EE7-9E57-E31FE02B30BB.gif

g.gif

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Or, put another way, we should score at least 10 points in every game. We should never surrender a 20 point lead. We should never have less than 200 yards of total offense. Etc. 

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Or, put another way, we should score at least 10 points in every game. We should never surrender a 20 point lead. We should never have less than 200 yards of total offense. Etc. 

And we should never end the game with the same total points we had at halftime. That's begging for trouble in the SEC. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That's the kicker.

It's not THAT these Gus led teams lose 2-3-4 games per year.  Anybody with any sense of FB knowledge and understanding of history/trends gets that "you can't win them all".

It's HOW these Gus led teams lose.  Hard fought losses where you just lost to the better team or had some bad breaks are understandable, if not acceptable.  Looking under prepared, unmotivated, and down right inept is unacceptable and inexcusable.  

AU has suffered far too many of the latter types under Gus.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This is probably the most realistic statement of expectations I've ever seen anyone here post. Expecting wins is unreasonable because we are in a conference were most recruit very well and anyone can beat anyone on any given day if the ball bounces there way. But what you listed... yes, none of that should ever happen now that we finally have depth at every positon. Any game where that happens is a failure on multiple fronts.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

And we should never end the game with the same total points we had at halftime. That's begging for trouble in the SEC. 

Unless we have 70 at halftime and they have 0... then we can stop scoring just to be nice.

53 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

It's HOW these Gus led teams lose.  Hard fought losses where you just lost to the better team or had some bad breaks are understandable, if not acceptable.  Looking under prepared, unmotivated, and down right inept is unacceptable and inexcusable.  

The sad irony of it all is, when you look at the record books, you'd think most of the losses were hard fought battles because very few are more than 7 point losses. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

FWIW................. The Stid won't be doing much this spring. 

I assume he'll be more than ready for fall camp?

Exactly.

These have not been teams with a dearth of talent and ability.  These have been teams that matchup better than most.  Without whirlybirds & turtle shells AU crushes Clemson the last two years.  LSU ('17) should never happen to ANY team.  ThUga well, outside of this year (Pt. I) even the staunch Gus supporters have not tried to defend that trend.  Etc.

With that said, I want to be positive.  Gus seems to have a tremendous grasp on how to hire coaches as evidenced by the Defense.  Honestly, with the reacquisition of Grimes, I like the current staff on Offense.

Just wish he'd listen to Obi Wan and "let go".

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Honestly, with the reacquisition of Grimes, I like the current staff on Offense.

I'm seriously hanging my hopes that this hire is the end of losses like we had to Clemson. No more unprepared O-Lines at the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm seriously hanging my hopes that this hire is the end of losses like we had to Clemson. No more unprepared O-Lines at the start of the season.

A

MEN

!!!

On 2/14/2018 at 7:00 PM, corchjay said:

Name one coach that doesn't struggle to win on the road against good teams?

Off the top of my head, Saban, Dabo, Chip Kelly, Meyer

8 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Off the top of my head, Saban, Dabo, Chip Kelly, Meyer

Saban lost to Auburn on the road

Dabo lost to bama on the road

Meyer lost to Iowa on the road

Kelly hasn't coached in college football since 2012... we'll see what he can do next year.

Archived