ellitor

2019 4* Buck Derick Hall

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

It depends how those spots are filled. The max for those spots would be 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 OL, 2 LB, 1 DB. That would leave 1 spot for DH or an interior DL. Now if we don't get Haselwood & decide not to take another DB then there would be room for your scenario.

I don't see even wanting a sixth DB unless some super-star (say Booth) falls from the heavens. That's not likely. I can see saving a slot for some transfer and if Haselwood becomes available, use it there. Truthfully, the likelihood of an unexpected super star DB or WR just showing up on our doorstep is pretty close to zero. While I'd like two more LB's, there's simply not much left out there unless we can flip one and that's not easy to do. We'll be lucky to get one more quality LB.

In short, there are more slots available than there are targets that we have a reasonable shot at. I think we can take Hall and most likely will still be scrapping around looking for one or two "diamond in the rough" types come February.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 7:50 AM, Mikey said:

I don't see even wanting a sixth DB unless some super-star (say Booth) falls from the heavens. That's not likely. I can see saving a slot for some transfer and if Haselwood becomes available, use it there. Truthfully, the likelihood of an unexpected super star DB or WR just showing up on our doorstep is pretty close to zero. While I'd like two more LB's, there's simply not much left out there unless we can flip one and that's not easy to do. We'll be lucky to get one more quality LB.

In short, there are more slots available than there are targets that we have a reasonable shot at. I think we can take Hall and most likely will still be scrapping around looking for one or two "diamond in the rough" types come February.

I think the slow playing of Hall has turned his off quite a bit towards AU. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1