Will Stidham Return for 2019 Season?

triangletiger

Poll: Will Stidham return for 2019?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's still early in the season and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but, so far, Jarrett Stidham hasn't looked like a QB who's ready to take his game to the next level. He certainly has the physical tools, but may need some more development on the mental side. That being said, does anyone think he will return to Auburn for his senior season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Honestly though, if there were a miracle where all of the non-seniors returned our lineup would be

QB - all returning, RB - all returning, HB - Joiner would replace Cox which is an upgrade athletically, OL - all returning, WR - you lose Davis, Hastings, but they're debatably replaced with more natural talents and a slew of stout receivers, TE- we're getting two true tight ends even though they're freshmen.

Defense would see all of the starters except for the LBs to return

If I'm made King of the World it won't be a miracle but rather Mandatory.  I'm here to he entertained after-all.

I'm sorta kidding...

9 minutes ago, EagleReedle said:

Gatewood is an option but i'd say get ready to put your hope and trust in Bo Nix. 

But my god I wish Stidham would come back. 

Based purely on what I saw against ASU It’ll be 

1) Cord

2) Willis, Nix, or Gatewood 

I need to see Gatewood in a real game scenario even if it’s mop up against Tennessee or Liberty

I know Auburn’s two biggest rivals prove me wrong but a true freshman Qb in the SEC makes me nervous.  Especially when he’s going to be asked to run against SEC defenses

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

If I'm made King of the World it won't be a miracle but rather Mandatory.  I'm here to he entertained after-all.

I'm sorta kidding...

I do think that college football as a whole has been tremendously diminished by the continued growth of early departures. College Basketball and Football would both be much more fun to watch, and the quality of play would rise, if the kids had to stay 4 years. I'm not saying they should, just that it would be nice as a CF fan who doesn't care much for the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

1) Cord

I need to see Gatewood in a real game scenario even if it’s mop up against Tennessee or Liberty

Probably right but I just have this feeling like this Nix kid could step in to the role immediately but you know, feelings are rarely accurate indicators of what's to come. 

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

1) Cord

I disagree. We haven't seen any of them throw the ball enough to really take a guess.

Would almost prefer we start Bo Nix so that we can have a 4 year starter for once and let him grow with a OL that returns all of its starters and a receiver group that should make it easier on him. There would be some bumps on the road but we should be able to make it to where all he has to do is not lose the game for us in that first year or two.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I disagree. We haven't seen any of them throw the ball enough to really take a guess.

Would almost prefer we start Bo Nix so that we can have a 4 year starter for once and let him grow with a OL that returns all of its starters and a receiver group that should make it easier on him. There would be some bumps on the road but we should be able to make it to where all he has to do is not lose the game for us in that first year or two.

Sandberg could take a redshirt this season and be a 4 yr starter. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

100% agree on the throwing part.  Unfortunately we probably won’t know about that till Aday.  If Nix comes in and wins as a true freshman then more power to him.  His dad did ok coming in and taking over.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sandberg could take a redshirt this season and be a 4 yr starter. 

I say you can just Nix that opinion ?

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I do think that college football as a whole has been tremendously diminished by the continued growth of early departures. College Basketball and Football would both be much more fun to watch, and the quality of play would rise, if the kids had to stay 4 years. I'm not saying they should, just that it would be nice as a CF fan who doesn't care much for the NFL.

Exactly.

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

He has so far to go . NFL lol.. he needs another year at AU, but he is leaving 

He does not have "so far" to go LOL.  He would look 10x better in a competent offense immediately.  He looked better as a true freshman at Baylor.

Most of you continue to fail to understand that NFL teams scout tools, not perceived performance which very often isn't a reflection of the QB at all.

Nix doesn't belong in this offense either.

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He has so far to go . NFL lol.. he needs another year at AU, but he is leaving 

Even if he did need another year of CFB prep, it wouldn't be at AU. 

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

He does not have "so far" to go LOL.  He would look 10x better in a competent offense immediately.  He looked better as a true freshman at Baylor.

Most of you continue to fail to understand that NFL teams scout tools, not perceived performance which very often isn't a reflection of the QB at all.

Nix doesn't belong in this offense either.

What kind of qb does in your opinion? A mobile one?

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

What kind of qb does in your opinion? A mobile one?

Obviously not meta but Gus needs to give the keys to Malik and run the 2013 offense.  Then recruit nothing but Malik's, Marshalls, etc.

Or hire a real OC and let HIM run the show.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Obviously not meta but Gus needs to give the keys to Malik and run the 2013 offense.  Then recruit nothing but Malik's, Marshalls, etc.

Ageed

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah he totally looks ready.

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Yeah he totally looks ready.

I think he's referring to that style of quarterback. No one is really ready behind Stid

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I think he's referring to that style of quarterback. No one is really ready behind Stid

He literally says give the keys to Malik..  But yes, if JS would happen to go down were screwed.  

There are a lot of big time WR recruits asking this same question. Who will be Qb next year at Auburn? 

We at least have some strong interest from Pickens who may or may not be tied to Nix, they put a few plays together in the elite 11 iirc. 

Malik, at this point, is awful. And we don't have the other pieces (GRob, Dismukes, Prosch, no-name WRs who are happy to just stand out there blocking all day) to run that offense. And even if we did, it no longer has the element of surprise that it did that year. (Even surprised Gus when he figured out that it would work during/after the LSU game.) IMO. 

But your 2nd option, I *love*. And he might have already completed step 1. Don't know if we'll ever find out, though. 

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

He literally says give the keys to Malik..  But yes, if JS would happen to go down were screwed.  

:wareagle:

1 minute ago, EagleReedle said:

There are a lot of big time WR recruits asking this same question. Who will be Qb next year at Auburn?  We at least have some strong interest from Pickens who may or may not be tied to Nix, they put a few plays together in the elite 11 iirc. 

We're doing well with WR recruiting for this year and next year. 

I do not think we have near the blocking capability up front to run the offense like we did in 2013. While I think our running backs have potential, we definitely do not have a Tre Mason to lean on. In my opinion, if we want to win right now, then Stidham gives us the best potential by a wide margin. 

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

:wareagle:

We're doing well with WR recruiting for this year and next year. 

Makes sense. When you have a qb who can throw to them then you do well with that. War Eagle. 

Archived