Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gatewood is a great athlete. Won't ever start at QB for AU. He is struggling at QB to say the least. 

Interested to see how the Nix deal shakes out. IMO anyways. 

Either way, Mond is Fisher’s guy until next year at least. Don’t see Nix bolting to A&M. 

Gatewood just needs confidence imo. He’s never been THE guy at QB . It’s not like we ask a lot of our QBs. Because Malzahn accepted his commitment when he was only an even more raw 16yo, I think he’s willing to work with Gatewood and see his vision through. Did anybody see tbe all star game? Gatewood looked like he belonged there as QB. Malzahn has something to work with.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Either way, Mond is Fisher’s guy until next year at least. Don’t see Nix bolting to A&M. 

Gatewood just needs confidence imo. He’s never been THE guy at QB . It’s not like we ask a lot of our QBs. Because Malzahn accepted his commitment when he was only an even more raw 16yo, I think he’s willing to work with Gatewood and see his vision through. Did anybody see tbe all star game? Gatewood looked like he belonged there as QB. Malzahn has something to work with.

Not saying Nix is going to bolt. 

Gatewood will either be catching balls for AU or playing QB at a JSU. IMO and from others. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not saying Nix is going to bolt. 

Gatewood will either be catching balls for AU or playing QB at a JSU. IMO and from others. 

Gatewood wants to be Cam, somewhere if not Auburn. He won’t be catching balls,  perv.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Have a kid at Hoover that, if Gus gets his act together, that could make you forget about Gatewood. 

Does Robby Ashford have that much potential as a QB?

Just now, ellitor said:

Yep. He is going to play both football and baseball in college.  I'm told his ceiling is as high or higher than Winston. Butch T is the key guy here also. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

As a DT QB specifically

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood wants to be Cam, somewhere if not Auburn. He won’t be catching balls,  perv.

May have to do it at a mid to lower level D1 school. Most players who transfer due to positional want usually go that route. Looking like Cam at one of those schools is entirely different from being able to do it in the SEC most cases, unless you have Mullen as a coach at some point.

I like the Ashford kid and his potential quite a bit.  I also like the big program experience he is getting as a Jr.  Hoover plays IMG later as well correct?  

As far as Gatewood goes,  if we could just get to a 3rd and 2 or less situation this year,  I would “Cam” him every time.  His size and athletic ability should produce a 1st down efficiency that we got out of Cam. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gatewood is a great athlete. Won't ever start at QB for AU.

He would be an incredible TE/Big Slot.  He could make it to the league as a TE.

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He would be an incredible TE/Big Slot.  He could make it to the league as a TE.

Twice in one day I agree let me go jump off a cliff. Bye

The 2 biggest surprises for the staff from last years class is the positive attitude of Harold Joiner and the negative attitude of Joey Gatewood.  Granted I hear much more info from the O side then the D.  I do know Steele is incredibly high on both Smoke, Sherwood, Jibnor not sure if that is attitude or talent or a combination of all.   

JG would be the best Joker TE in the SEC with a team that would the TE the ball. He literally played WR, at 6’-5”, the majority of his high school snaps and dominated.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

I do know Steele is incredibly high on both Smoke, Sherwood, Jibnor not sure if that is attitude or talent or a combination of all.   

They are really high on Roger too.

If TD isn't careful, Jibunor will pass him by.

8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Bryant to AU is a very real possibility. 

That’s all I want to hear. 

6 hours ago, DAG said:

That’s all I want to hear. 

And what I was waiting to hear. Yet somehow missed until you reply to it. LOL

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

The 2 biggest surprises for the staff from last years class is the positive attitude of Harold Joiner and the negative attitude of Joey Gatewood. 

Huge surprises to everyone active in the recruiting forum, I'm guessing. 

Very happy to be wrong on Joiner and mea culpa to anyone to whom I said he probably wouldn't be a factor at RB. (Although the "bigger is better" mentality is still a dinosaur that doesn't seem to know it's extinct yet.)

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

The 2 biggest surprises for the staff from last years class is the positive attitude of Harold Joiner and the negative attitude of Joey Gatewood.  Granted I hear much more info from the O side then the D.  I do know Steele is incredibly high on both Smoke, Sherwood, Jibnor not sure if that is attitude or talent or a combination of all.   

Agree here. Add Asa to the very disappointed list also. Wish Joiner would get some more carries to see what he can do. 

Combination of all from the defensive guys you listed. Sherwood and Monday are studs already. Get some more weight on Jibnor, watch out. 

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Huge surprises to everyone active in the recruiting forum, I'm guessing. 

Very happy to be wrong on Joiner and mea culpa to anyone to whom I said he probably wouldn't be a factor at RB. (Although the "bigger is better" mentality is still a dinosaur that doesn't seem to know it's extinct yet.)

Looks like Joiner took the recruiting process personal and changed for the better. He is a elite athlete. Good for him. 

Archived