Will we lose the Bye week too?

Our most successful week to come

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

One foot out the door

To where?  The league? LMAO.

I'm not an NFL scout but what quality does JS possess that would possibly be attractive to an NFL team?

11 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

A different QB won't help what we are seeing on offense.  It's foolish to think it will.

Absolutely false. I know you keep making this statement. How can you continue to justify a player making the mistakes and showing no care about it . Other made mistake also like Boobie and he went to the sidelines and smacked hisself in rage at his self for his mistake. Maybe you missed where Slayton turned his back to Stidham when he came over to offer excuse as to why he missed him wide open. Maybe you missed the fact that no one was pressuring him when he made that overthrow to a wide open reciever. There is fault everywhere but JS is supposed to be a leader on the team. Instead he is being lazy and unconcerned. Get over your protection of Stidham .

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Say what you want, and I actually agree with most of the excuses....but times like this you need a leader at QB. We aren't even close to having that

I agree. He’s not scaring anybody. I think everybody had him figured by end of last season. Coaches could remedy some of that but....

Yeah IDK, I assume at this point the locker room is all shot out, a much bigger problem than the qb. but I don't get the feeling this is the guy giving Braveheart speeches  and diving in front of bullets for the team. Never met the guy, I like him, and I can't vet this statement at all. Just sharing how it looks and feels to me.

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah it's foolish that you can't see how he's a big problem

He is a problem and I don’t know what happened to him after the Washington game.. he has not been the same but with our current OL situation.. no one can be successful.  The over throws are ridiculous though.. stupid ridiculous.. 

I’m not saying he isn’t part of the problem, but I don’t really blame him entirely for not seeing open guys. With our o-line, he probably feels he has about three seconds before he has to run for his life. We had a good line last year and he seemed to do okay during the regular season, did he not?

4 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m not saying he isn’t part of the problem, but I don’t really blame him entirely for not seeing open guys. With our o-line, he probably feels he has about three seconds before he has to run for his life. We had a good line last year and he seemed to do okay during the regular season, did he not?

No, he did alright because he also had a stud RB who could take the pressure off of him. Whenever we couldn’t move the ball, we usually had the same results. He is not a game changer. It is what it is.

Just now, DAG said:

No, he did alright because he also had a stud RB who could take the pressure off of him. Whenever we couldn’t move the ball, we usually had the same results. He is not a game changer. It is what it is.

He might not be. But I believe we have a stud Rb or two this year as well

Yes our O Line is not the best this year and JS has been under dome pressure. However, has regressed big time.  He is missing reads. Hes way less accurate on his longer throws and he just doesn't have that moxy he had last year. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I know it's deeper than QB, but what I'm saying when it is.....if your team is to have any chance, you need a qb. A leader

You just need a leader period. Has Bama had many QBs who seem like stud leaders? They don’t have to because they got the little Napoleon force of nature standing over there on the sidelines. We have no overall leadership anywhere! 

Remember the Washington game first drive where Jarrett was like 7 for 7 to start the game making great reads and our offense running quick routes over the middle for easy yards? How long ago that feels...

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Kerryon made everyone around him look good last year....took a lot of pressure off Stidham.

We have probably GREATLY underestimated KJ’s leadership on last years team too., if the truth be known 

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

A different QB won't help what we are seeing on offense.  It's foolish to think it will.

A good QB covers a lot of deficiencies elsewhere.  It's ignorant to think it won't.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

His mind is on Sunday’s and it’s obvious we need a spark. Nothing to play for now. Get the backups in and see who is worth a s*** for next year. No one is grilling him on the sidelines and he is trash when he’s scared. With our current OL he’ll play scared all year. No pocket presence no heart overthrows would be touchdowns. Seriously we win the LSU and Mississippi State game if he just floats a ball like a high school quarterback can. Seriously Bo Nix or Robby Ashford wins this game by making a simple floater pass. 

How as a coach do you not make them practice timing until they’re blue in the face.

To save face for Stidham just lie and say he had a surgery and has to miss the rest of the year. Good luck in the pros with a real OL and a real route tree. Sorry we failed you bud but you’re failing us too. 

I hate saying it, but I thought that halfway through the game. He has done nothing but hurt himself being in this Mickey Mouse high school offense.

2 hours ago, Shift said:

Could it be that the Clemson game last year should have been a clue?  11 sacks in that game. 

Looking back, has anything changed?  Were those sacks on the O line back then or was that the first red flag for Stidham?

Look back at it. 99% of it was the OL. 

This year, both are just playing terribly. 

While there are many problems, QB is the one position where a change can have the most impact. JS is scared of being hit and is just throwing to an area where a man may be. The only one that probably knows enough of the playbook is MW. Have know idea how that would turn out but IMO is you have to try something. Otherwise I think we are looking at 5-7. I don’t think we beat TN.

19 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

While there are many problems, QB is the one position where a change can have the most impact. JS is scared of being hit and is just throwing to an area where a man may be. The only one that probably knows enough of the playbook is MW. Have know idea how that would turn out but IMO is you have to try something. Otherwise I think we are looking at 5-7. I don’t think we beat TN.

Sometimes, and you see this in high school football even, it’s not about who the better option is. No one here would argue Malik is a better quarterback. However, sometimes that change can really spark an offense.

At this point neither Auburn nor Stidham benefit from him playing another snap behind Center (not under since shotgun rules the world).

This is a screenshot from the 4th down play in final quarter.  If Stidham simply reads the hot receiver on the corner blitz, it's a first down.  Slayton was wide open.  And this shot was taken while the rusher was still four steps away from hitting Stidham.  He had plenty of time to make this read.  McElroy said it best a few weeks ago.  Stidham isn't seeing the field and it's a problem.

1007180102.jpg

4 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Agree!

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is a screenshot from the 4th down play in final quarter.  If Stidham simply reads the hot receiver on the corner blitz, it's a first down.  Slayton was wide open.  And this shot was taken while the rusher was still four steps away from hitting Stidham.  He had plenty of time to make this read.  McElroy said it best a few weeks ago.  Stidham isn't seeing the field and it's a problem.

1007180102.jpg

Wide freaking open. Just keys on one guy.

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Need a new coach, offensive coordinator and offensive line. 

Both the OC and OL problems will be fixed by bringing in a competent,  professional HC.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Wide freaking open. Just keys on one guy.

Yep...he was never gonna go anywhere else with that throw. Eyes never moved off the slant. Totally sold out on it.

Archived