Another loss to a rival

NolaAuTiger

This is absolutely unacceptable. Tonight's game just adds to the atrocious record Gus has against our biggest rivals. Let's also note, two of those wins came on the heels of freak plays (don't get me wrong, I don't mean to cheapen that season by any means). We are not a dominant team. If something at the top is not addressed very soon, mark my words, our program will transform into a team where SEC opponents no longer see us as a threat. Instead, said opponents will expect to beat Auburn year in and year out. Just look at the wakes Florida and Tennessee went/are going through (and perhaps coming out of?). I hope changes come. We must avoid complacency. 

I love Auburn. I want Gus to have success. But more than that, I don't want to see our football program dig itself into a pit that will take a decade to climb out of......

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus needs to be gone at seasons end.  While he is not the worst coach ever, he is slowly sucking the life out of this team and from what I gather, this fan base.  He needs to be gone. Hes a dead stick.

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This is absolutely unacceptable. Tonight's game just adds to the atrocious record Gus has against our biggest rivals. Let's also note, two of those wins came on the heels of freak plays (don't get me wrong, I don't mean to cheapen that season by any means). We are not a dominant team. If something at the top is not addressed very soon, mark my words, our program will transform into a team where SEC opponents no longer see us as a threat. Instead, said opponents will expect to beat Auburn year in and year out. Just look at the wakes Florida and Tennessee went/are going through (and perhaps coming out of?). I hope changes come. We must avoid complacency. 

I love Auburn. I want Gus to have success. But more than that, I don't want to see our football program dig itself into a pit that will take a decade to climb out of......

Agree with you 100%. Gus is a good man, but an average coach on his best day. 8-5 is his norm despite all the resources, fan base, facilities and recruiting classes at his disposal.

Looks like we are not headed there, but rather another December bowl. At least Gus is 1-0 in December bowls compared to his 0-4 in January games.

8 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Agree with you 100%. Gus is a good man, but an average coach on his best day. 8-5 is his norm despite all the resources, fan base, facilities and recruiting classes at his disposal.

His supporters are correct he's not an 8 and 5 coach. This is 2 out of 6 years at AU he'll only win 7.

It wouldnt be nearly as bad if we hadnt clearly shown the CAPABILITY of beating the damn team. I think we all expected to get obliterated and if we had, itd be whatever. But we are showing that we can clearly hang wih them, we just arent coached to do so

Fire this beta male, nose picking, half wit, stubborn, and cowardly clown. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I tried to stay positive ..man we are soft..I just want to see some nasty. 

Our NFL linemen were getting owned tonight other than when we could put about 9 people on the LOS near the goal line.  Probably missed Big Cat....but generally, our DEs spent most of the game running themselves out of plays. 

Just now, musicitytiger said:

Not endorsing Gus at all, but I think if Bryant comes in he’s coaching again and coaching for his job next season

He has no business being here next year.

This just in....Kirby Smart is filing a lawsuit after tonight's game against Malzahn.

He claims he felt as if his defense was getting "nibbled to death by ducks" with all the 2 yard screen plays.

1 minute ago, CR said:

His supporters are correct he's not an 8 and 5 coach. This is 2 out of 6 years at AU he'll only win 7.

Yes, 7-5 in the regular season and a bowl win will make it 8-5.

However, AU always has three non- SEC powder puff games on its schedule each year. Take away these three wins each year and Gus is barely above 500 in his six years as HC.

Archived