Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

So basically Auburn football does not matter at all until 2020 at the earliest? Great. That is basically what Gus coming back under these terms is telling us. Next year literally does not matter at all. 

and then the rebuild from the damages

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

So basically Auburn football does not matter at all until 2020 at the earliest? Great. That is basically what Gus coming back under these terms is telling us. Next year literally does not matter at all. 

Dude, we're going 15-0.  It's the Auburn way.

26 minutes ago, Beaker said:

from passthebiscuits:

Chip is the hinge-pin. There's no way he works another year under Gus, period. Why hasn't he been let go yet? 1)moving on to another job without being fired 2)the head fish is moving on, so it doesn't matter anyway. 

There's probably more scenarios, but this story has legs. 

I'm calling my shot:

By end of week, Gus takes job at Texas Tech with negotiated $ with Auburn. He leaves all nice and warm, saying Auburn is Cray cray and he's excited for the opportunity.

Chip moves on to the OC position at TN.

Auburn goes full-court press on their replacement (whom they have already received commitment from) and saves face with a splash hire...enduring two days of a bad press news cycle before turning hope around before Christmas.

put it on the board. 

If I'm wrong, pretend I'm Finebaum.

Animated GIF

So why do we have to keep Chip, or why would Gus want to keep him, if his brother in failure to do anything with beating Alabama, Hugh Freeze, was calling?? 

Thats an underlooked part of this deal imo...because we really shouldn’t expect anything different next season if both are together 

13 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

Your reading selection is going to be very, very limited.

smackydoodle is definitely worth believing!

16 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Who, in this thread, knows what they're talking about?  With so many new posts, just trying to make sure I read the right ones.

I will go on record and admit I have no clue what I'm talking about.

17 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Who, in this thread, knows what they're talking about?  With so many new posts, just trying to make sure I read the right ones.

I'd stick with the gifs.  They're as accurate as anything.

25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Texas Tech would love Gus. He's a veteran SEC coach that runs a spread offense and has the ability to get pretty good DC's. Texas Tech would be a top 5 big 12 team with ol Gustavo.

Did Texas Tech get enough of Auburn's reject Head Coaches with Tubs?

serenity.gif

6 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:
9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, we're going 15-0.  It's the Auburn way.

That would be the most Auburn thing to happen.

Yep.

Then Gus feels his oats, takes back to running the offense and Auburn goes 6-6 in 2020.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Did Texas Tech get enough of Auburn's reject Head Coaches with Tubs?

Speaking of former Auburn coaches I think David Gibbs was their DC this year and was making gains with a terrible defense I believe.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Yep.

Then Gus feels his oats, takes back to running the offense and Auburn goes 6-6 in 2020.

But only after we’ve given him a raise and a bigger buyout for 2019.

2 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

To be fair, we haven't gotten enough of ISU hand-me-downs, what's to think TTU isn't the same?

I laughed at this, and then I died a little inside.

13 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Animated GIF

I like the idea of it, but think Gus is working down to take the Colorado job instead of TT.  It’s more his level, less pressure and already has a fat wallet to live in Boulder. 

Leath should be ran out of Auburn with ******* pitchforks and torches. What kind of ******* moron essentially forces us to keep both when no one wants either option?

This has been a very Auburn like handling of a simple situation.

Fire Leath, fire the entire staff, and start the whole damn thing over. Scorched Earth. Burn it allllll!!!!

I personally feel like there is still some of smoke and mirrors going on. I can't bring myself to tell that this is real....I can't....I just can't. I feel like there is definitely more to come in the coming days....I do fear however that with the way this had been handled if Gus does leave on his own or not that we have severely hurt our hiring process and we could make the Ut coach search last year look like a well greased machine

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yep.

That’s what’s so sad, 2019 could be completely out of left field due to this situation, but 2020 will be back to the same ol same ol. That’s why I’m ready to start fresh, personally

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yep.

Is that after we give him a $75 mil buyout and renovate all of Samford Hall to be his personal office? 

Archived