Null

Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

2018 3* C Kamaar Bell

11 hours ago, alexava said:

I do too. I had a faint idea that’s what he was saying. 

Isn’t he the one who said he will feel at home anywhere? He just going by depth charts to play early and go nfl. I like him more every time I see him quoted. ( and get it explained)

Yes he is. This is the way most recruits view college. At least the guys who really have NFL aspirations. Have the coaches shown they have the ability to prepare me to get to the NFL, how quick will I play so I can start my film and resume to the NFL, is the school stable and successful in general.....all that other stuff people say on here in general about this and that affects recruits are things way down the list. 

13 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’ll take that alpha male mentality every day of the week

I like the attitude too. But his film doesn't really say "alpha" his run blocking is okay but he still looks a little soft to me IMO

I'm hoping we lock this one down on his upcoming official. Then, we could focus our efforts on Olaseni and Jones and others on the edge. With Bell and Jones, I'd feel pretty good about the interior OL this year.

We all love to make the Guard U joke (because it's endlessly funny), but in reality, we're thin on the interior as well. Including Ashley, we have five guys that are solely viewed as OGs, two of which are seniors (Harrell, Horton, Hamm, Manning, and Ashley). That's a group that needs more bodies. Even if you throw Stutts into that group (and I'm told the staff thinks of him like Osborne... starting his career inside with the expectation that he'll develop into an OT), it's a thin group after 2019.

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

focus our efforts on Olaseni and Jones

Not sure were things are with Olaseni. He has academic concerns apparently.

7 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Including Ashley, we have five guys that are solely viewed as OGs, two of which are seniors (Harrell, Horton, Hamm, Manning, and Ashley).

FWIW Manning is a Guard & Irvin could end up there as well. Not sure it's definite Bro-Ham is a Guard. I've heard rumblings he could end up at Tackle.

32 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Kaamar is on twitter right now recruiting Ira Henry to FSU. Probably not a good sign.

Just playing the twitter game. That's not recruiting Ira to FSU.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Just playing the twitter game. That's not recruiting Ira to FSU.

So, Bell and Henry communicating about going to FSU is a good thing? If so, it's a strange world indeed.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, Bell and Henry communicating about going to FSU is a good thing? If so, it's a strange world indeed.

I have to agree with E. I think this is just what it is...18 year old kids playing the twitter game and enjoying the "crootin" process. I looked at the Henry/Bell exchanges on twitter....nothing that gives me an uneasy feeling. Now....that doesnt mean that we dont get beat out....i just dont think we can put a lot of stock into twitter 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, Bell and Henry communicating about going to FSU is a good thing?

No & I didn't say nor imply it was Mr. Hard Head & Reads Way More Into Posts Than What People Actually Say. They are both OVing FSU right now. When recruits visit the same place at the same time it's beyond common they interact with each other on twitter. Happens all the time. It happens when recruits visit AU as well without recruits picking AU in the end.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

If so, it's a strange world indeed.

Only way it would be a strange world would be if you didn't misinterpret posts for a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Now....that doesnt mean that we dont get beat out....i just dont think we can put a lot of stock into twitter 

59d.gif

From what I read Henry is FSU bound, don't know about Bell but it would not surprise me. 

32 minutes ago, Roos said:

From what I read Henry is FSU bound, don't know about Bell but it would not surprise me. 

There’s nothing credible out on Henry yet following his FSU visit  in terms of where he may be leaning. Let’s wait till Auburn reporters get some information first.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

There’s nothing credible out on Henry yet following his FSU visit  in terms of where he may be leaning. Let’s wait till Auburn reporters get some information first.

There are FSU beat writers now CBing both the them

Bell interviewed after FSU visit.  Says FSU is up there with Auburn as his top schools post visit.  Did not put FSU above AU however.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

There are FSU beat writers now CBing both the them

Just posted this in the 2019 recruiting thread but bears in mind here too... McGahee is a big time FSU homer & doesn't work for 247. When FSU 247 reporters Jamie Newberg & Chris Nee put in picks for FSU then that's an attention getter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just posted this in the 2019 recruiting thread but bears in mind here too... McGahee is a big time FSU homer & doesn't work for 247. When FSU 247 reporters Jamie Newberg & Chris Nee put in picks for FSU then that's an attention getter.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while use to think he knew his stuff but then seldom heard from him

This would be devastating, though. If we lose out on these guys, it will be the worst recruiting at a single position in a five-year stretch I can remember in decades.

What is so amazing to me is that AU, FSU, and Miami are all is a bad spot for O line and all desperate to sign somebody.  Three traditionally very very good teams have let their O lines suffer at the same time.  Makes me wonder if these teams are not getting the talent who is......UA, UGA, UTe….

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Henry has already booked his next official visit to another school,  if that is telling enough.  

He's got limited time to enjoy all his visits and make his decision. I don't find it surprising that he's in a hurry because February 6 looms on the near horizon. Now, before somebody pipes up and says he doesn't have to sign on that very day, that he has weeks to make up his mind, that's true. However, most players and schools like to get things wrapped up on signing day.

FSU now 'neck-and-neck' with Auburn for Bell after FSU official

By Chris Nee

TALLAHASSEE -- Florida State hosted Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County three-star offensive lineman Kamaar Bell and his family for an official visit this past weekend.

Bell described it as a 'good experience'.

"It went well. I really enjoyed myself," Bell said.

The visit allowed him to form a stronger opinion on the school and program while the staff worked to build an emotional attachment with the lineman.

"They are trying to come in here and turn it around. They want people like me to come in here and change this program," Bell said of the staff.

"One thing that caught my attention is the players for one, the coaches, everybody made me feel at home," Bell added on the people overall. "The players made me feel at home. They showed me a good time."

In fact, he shared that he liked it so much he may make a return visit to Tallahassee in one week's time.

"I might come back next weekend with [teammate and FSU defensive back target] Jay [Ward], for his offiical," Bell added.

He said he doesn't need to return to learn more about the Garnet and Gold though.

"I've done seen everything," Bell said. "I just want to come back and show Jay a good time."

The 6-foot-3, 322-pound lineman said that FSU's need at his position is certainly appealing.

"Oh yeah," Bell said when the need for offensive linemen at FSU was brought up. "Me coming in and playing early is probably one of my biggest dreams coming out of high school. Me probably being an All-American and stuff like that. I really looking forward to coming in somewhere and playing early.

"When I look at the depth chart for one, I can see me, Dontae (Lucas), Ira (Henry), all of us in the o-line spot, and I see their numbers now but they need more, FSU needs more linemen," Bell added. "That is something to go home and think about when I get to the crib."

It won't be a long trek home for Bell, who is just about an hour away in Moultrie, Ga. That distance appeals to his mother, and to him. Speaking of his mother, she enjoyed her time with her son in Tallahassee.

"She enjoyed it," Bell said of his mother. "She had a long talk with Coach T and Coach Frey. She really enjoyed it. She really wants me to come here because it is 40 minutes down the road and she wouldn't have to break her neck to find me."

The weekend provided an opportunity for Bell to connect further with offensive line coach Greg Frey.

"It was good," Bell said of his time with Frey. "He showed me a good time. He is really a good coach. I could see him coaching me and stuff. So that should be good.

"He is very real with me, for one," Bell added. "He doesn't lie like I said. I just like his demeanor of coaching, that is what I like about Coach Frey."

He also spoke at length with head coach Willie Taggart, whose message to him was direct.

"They need me," Bell said. "It is a need for OL and he want me to come in. Like I told him, like I said, I am going to go home and think about it."

Entering the visit, Auburn had a big lead for Bell.

Now, where do things stand?

"They are neck-and-neck with Auburn right now," Bell said.

He confirmed that his recruitment is largely focused on just those two now.

If Bell doesn't visit FSU next weekend, he mentioned a potential visit to Indiana or West Virginia.

Bell added he would decide and announce on National Signing Day, which falls on February 6th this year.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has nine total predictions. Five are for Auburn, while four are for Florida - who is no longer considered a candidate in his recruitment.

The 247Sports.com Composite Rankings consider Bell the No. 34 offensive guard in the nation.

Edited by Auburn Kev