Alabama-Mississippi All Star Game

ellitor

The game is Monday December 17th at 6:30 CT.

Rosters

Commits & Targets

Alabama Roster

#4 WR Ja'Varrius Johnson
#10 QB Bo Nix

#29 DB Nehemiah Pritchett
#78 DT LeDarrius Cox (Vols)
#82 WR George Pickens

Mississippi Roster

#32 DE/LB Nakobe Dean
#40 DL Jamond Gordon
#93 DL Jaren Handy

#95 DL Charles Moore (Miss St.)

It will be televised on the Raycom affiliates throughout Alabama & Mississippi.Not sure if there will be a free place to watch the game online. If I find out there is I will update this post. If you can't read the affiliate photo click on the photo & it will zoom for you.

Alabama mississippi all stat tv-page-001.jpg

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game: Alabama Day 1 Top Performers

By John Garcia Jr

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- On the first day of the annual All-Star showcase, players actually checked into their hotels and had a meal prior to the initial practice. Largely instructional and personnel-based without as much live reps, the groups worked with helmets to kick off the week.

In about a two hour session, several players still managed to grab 247Sports attention at the Alabama practice.

Alpha Dog

The top quarterback on either roster looked the part during Day 1. Bo Nix is somewhat in rhythm, considering he led his Pinson (Ala.) Pinson Valley squad to Friday night's Class 6A state championship, and it carried right into the first all-star impression. The Auburn commitment's footwork grabs your attention before a football is thrown but when he did cut it loose, fellow all-stars who hadn't quite seen him spin it live vocalized how the football pops off of his hand. Not known for elite arm strength, the four-star has seemingly increased his power over the last year or so. Nix was on time and assertive despite nearly no experience with his teammates, commanding their attention in the process.

Next Five on Offense

1. George Pickens, WR, Hoover (Ala.) - The one guy who already has a rapport with Nix is his fellow Auburn commitment Pickens, who has already looked to establish himself as an alpha among the skill position prospects. On a day based off of instillation one could still hear the imposing receiver letting defenders know of the chances they have against him. As usual he backed it up with strong routes and stronger hands whether away from his body or in close quarters against defensive backs.

Top Five Defense

5. LeDarrius Cox, DT, Mobile (Ala.) McGill-Toolen - The relatively long 6-foot-5, 290-pounder has a dream offensive tackle frame but his heart is set on defense. The Tennessee commitment impressed his coaches with his ability to pick up the defense about as fast any of the other all-stars and he applied it well with some instant pressures in the team portion of the practice.

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Was just about to ask what our status is with either Cox or Dean. Do we have a chance with either? I'm assuming we are still hoping for one or both?

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Was just about to ask what our status is with either Cox or Dean. Do we have a chance with either? I'm assuming we are still hoping for one or both?

Cox seems like just a matter of time. He's not signing til February so it could be a while.

Dean is listed solely on the technicality we are in his top 5. He does have a private top 3 though that I'm 90% sure AU is not in.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Cox seems like just a matter of time. He's not signing til February so it could be a while.

Dean is listed solely on the technicality we are in his top 5. He does have a private top 3 though that I'm 90% sure AU is not in.

That's too bad with Dean. For some reason I thought that we had become a legitimate player with him.

Sorry I wasn't around last night to get this going as a game thread. I figured someone would have in my absence.

Edited by ellitor

Gordon and Handy looked good, but the Alabama team’s O line was pretty weak imo. Not a great night for Nix, but a lot of that was due to O line play. GP was the MVP. JJ had a quiet night. Nehemiah Pritchett had an interception early and was pretty solid in coverage. I think that’s everyone.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WarGolfEagle said:

Gordon and Handy looked good, but the Alabama team’s O line was pretty weak imo. Not a great night for Nix, but a lot of that was due to O line play. GP was the MVP. JJ had a quiet night. Nehemiah Pritchett had an interception early and was pretty solid in coverage. I think that’s everyone.

LaDarrius Cox? He's a flip candidate for AU.

32 minutes ago, WarGolfEagle said:

Well that's not good news...

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, to anyone that was able to watch, how did the players Auburn is interested in look?

I watched. Nix had a good start but then head some struggles.... He has great picked awareness and footwork. Nice TD on last play if game. Pickens looked great. I was probably the most impressive with J. Gordon, j. Handy, and Cox. I know that AL head their top lineman out so that didn't help but they both looked solid ( handy and Gordon). I really like the pritchett kid.... He is big. Looks big and fast. Really hope we can get cox

• Thanks 1