remaining 9 or so slots to fill

doc4aday

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

There's a couple of underrated guys in Brothers & Russell the staff likes a lot. Both are expected to get big rating bumps. One is a freak athlete.

That is great, but can AU land one or both of them?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, DonDraper said:

I can’t believe how bad LB recruiting has went this year outside of OP. Everyone is talking about the OL but LB recruiting has been similar this year. Missed on everyone 

Agree with you 100%. Losing three starters and  probably McBride, too, and only one LB commit?

I know AU has two committed for 2020, but it would be great to add 1-2 more in 2019.

12 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Agree with you 100%. Losing three starters and  probably McBride, too, and only one LB commit?

I know AU has two committed for 2020, but it would be great to add 1-2 more in 2019.

I think we’ll add 1-2 more but I also think the staff really likes the personnel we have on campus. 

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

but are there any high school OTs we’re even known to be looking at or evaluating?

Dawand Jones is the only publicly known target I know of right now.

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

What do you think our chances are of signing one?

My guess on signing a 2nd one would be below 50% which stinks because this was a very strong year of OL targets. JB sees Osborne as an OT FWIW.

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

That is great, but can AU land one or both of them?

1 yes. The 2nd one may take some work.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think we’ll add 1-2 more but I also think the staff really likes the personnel we have on campus. 

I agree they have some great talent , but  lack of depth is a concern.

2 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Also, I guess I meant my ideal list. I just like the idea of stocking up both lines of scrimmage. Just my preference though. And Cox is from my area (Mobile/Baldwin County), so I just hope we get him with Moore (who I think is a stud). 

I like that idea too and always have. In '20 we are losing a ton on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Has to be my favorite gif. I laugh aloud every time I see this one. <gesturing with his hands>

If that was really Mikey & a brick wall I'm sure there are times a brick would want to slide out & tap him on the head.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If that was really Mikey & a brick wall I'm sure there are times a brick would want to slide out & tap him on the head.

Mikey is the wall 

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Man, I love me some Pink Floyd. The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, The Final Cut 3 albums I absolutely wore out when I was younger. Took me a long time to realize David Gilmour was probably more influential for the group artistically than Roger Waters. Somehow my wife, who is otherwise perfect, doesn’t like them or Led Zepplin🤦🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, I love me some Pink Floyd. The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, The Final Cut 3 albums I absolutely wore out when I was younger. Took me a long time to realize David Gilmour was probably more influential for the group artistically than Roger Waters. Somehow my wife, who is otherwise perfect, doesn’t like them or Led Zepplin🤦🏻‍♂️

Your wife is a communist

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I agree they have some great talent , but  lack of depth is a concern.

Do not forget that our BUCK guys should be able to play linebacker.  If they are not getting reps at LB positions then our coaching staff is doing them a great disservice for their future.   

34 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Do not forget that our BUCK guys should be able to play linebacker.  If they are not getting reps at LB positions then our coaching staff is doing them a great disservice for their future.   

I hope so. AU seems to sign a lot of LB, that get moved to DE or Buck.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Goodness gracious does not like Pink Floyd or Zeppelin..   is a communist but drinks PBR..   but part of the Auburn Family..   

I feel guilty. I lied. While it is true that she doesn’t like Pink Floyd or Led Zep, it’s also true that she is more of a libertarian that doesn’t drink beer. Hope I don’t get the ban hammer for this....she’s really an amazing woman otherwise, and an Auburn graduate.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I feel guilty. I lied. While it is true that she doesn’t like Pink Floyd or Led Zep, it’s also true that she is more of a libertarian that doesn’t drink beer. Hope I don’t get the ban hammer for this....she’s really an amazing woman otherwise, and an Auburn graduate.

Well while we are letting it all fly,  my wife is a vegetarian...   which is just as tough for an AU tailgate as not drinking beer as per yours.  

11 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

They may like them a lot. However, what we have is two that have seen some playing time but never started a game and three more that have not seen meaningful playing time. Plus one signee. I don't think there's another team in the SEC and very few if any P5 teams that are in such a situation at LB.

We might be forced to move one of the buck ends back to LB, Jubinor is the most likely but moving a buck end back to LB is not something we've done in the past. Our defense uses strongside, weakside and middle linebackers. Slots filled last season by  D. Wiliams, M. Atkinson and D. Davis and they are all graduating. We've only got two that have seen significant action coming back. For instance, Britt is the only non-senior LB that played against UGA. I didn't check other big games. All the young uns' except Marsh played against Liberty, if that helps anybody's feelings.

7 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I hope so. AU seems to sign a lot of LB, that get moved to DE or Buck.

Holland is the only guy I can recall FWIW that may have been signed as an LB that was moved to Buck. The rest we signed as Bucks.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Holland is the only guy I can recall FWIW that may have been signed as an LB that was moved to Buck. The rest we signed as Bucks.

Jibunor and Moultry

51 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Jibunor and Moultry

RJ was solely recruited as a Buck. You're right on TD. Was recruited as a Money LB.

Archived