remaining 9 or so slots to fill

doc4aday

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

If I didn't know better my first thought would be that ole Bret has a very pretty daughter. Then at finding out they're married my second thought would be "are arranged marriages still happening?". 😁

Bert’s money can cover some really deep kicks. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, alexava said:

Bert’s money can cover some really deep kicks. 

She certainly way beyond a fair catch. 

On 1/4/2019 at 12:55 PM, IronMan70 said:

Here is an Auburn story on the word 'punt'. As a Freshman I'm taking a midterm calculus exam, 10 problems worth 10 points each. This particular AU prof was notorious for giving out tests that were almost impossible to complete in the time allotted and this was no exception. He also happened to be a big AU football fan. 

So I finished the first 9 problems with no issues but time is just about to run out before I can start problem #10. But instead of just leaving #10 blank I quickly draw a football shoe with cleats kicking a football and under the drawing I write one word...PUNT. The prof gave me a 2 point credit on the punt and I end up with a 92. True story.

Why didn’t you post this about 25 years ago? I sure could’ve used it.

1 hour ago, WarGolfEagle said:

Lakia Henry just decommitted from Tennessee. Could be a name to watch to fill one of the LB spots.

His last visit was to FSU. I don't think we were ever on his list or if TWill even visited him. 

sounds like he has an idea already who he wants to sign with....

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

His last visit was to FSU. I don't think we were ever on his list or if TWill even visited him. 

He was for a long time. Not sure if he still is.

Looks like an FSU addition there.

If the offer to Brown was a true offer and not contingent on other dudes passing, I think you can count off one of those nine slots.

5 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Looks like an FSU addition there.

If the offer to Brown was a true offer and not contingent on other dudes passing, I think you can count off one of those nine slots.

Not a PWO offer supposedly.

19 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm generally decent at acronyms. PWO?

Preferred Walk On which is what I thought what you meant when you said contingent.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:14 PM, ellitor said:

@doc4aday The staff's plan as last I saw it reported which has been a while...

2 OL- 2 high schoolers or a high schooler & an undergrad transfer OT is my guess now.

1 RB - MAR or Griffin

1 WR - Pickens

2 LB - Brothers & Russell are the known targets now.

1-2 DL - Cox & Moore seem the most likely.

1 GT QB - If the staff can find one available they like.

If there are any spots left the staff is looking to use it on another safety. Personally I'm torn between that & trying to find a GT Center.

My guess now is AU will take 1 maybe 2 OTs. If they take a transfer OT it will likely be an undergrad that will sit out next year & be ready to play in 2020 after Tega & Driscoll are gone. Still think the staff should be looking for a GT Center though.

Oh that makes sense. I meant contingent on other dudes passing. From what I understand, it’s a straight up offer. 

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

From what I understand, it’s a straight up offer. 

Correct. Now the question is is it a commitable one?

3 hours ago, alexava said:

What’s the difference?

You can commit to a committable offer but not to a noncommittable offer. Lol

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sounds complicated 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m not (insert a**hole name here).Hell I understand that. What is a “straight up” offer.

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m not (insert a**hole name here).Hell I understand that. What is a “straight up” offer.

I wasn't being an ass. I just answered the question as it was asked. A straight up offer is a commitable offer.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wasn't being an ass. I just answered the question as it was asked. A straight up offer is a commitable offer.

About 7 posts up you seemed to differentiate between straight up and commitable . I know you’re not an ass.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

About 7 posts up you seemed to differentiate between straight up and commitable . I know you’re not an ass.

I thought I was differentiating between  committable/straight up or contingent/preferred walk on about 7 posts up.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I thought I was differentiating between  committable/straight up or contingent/preferred walk on about 7 posts up.

Could you please clarify I'll hang up and listen 

Thank you

Archived