Caddy The Recruiter

ellitor

15 minutes ago, lala said:

On a message board we all are...       i am just always surprised at everyone that know all the “truths” but fail to use common sense, that are willing to burn on the stake for something they heard

Wanna elaborate? 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Here's the deal as it exists on this forum, this thread being a perfect example:  11 carries isn't enough, 25 carries is abuse, yada-yada-yada. As one recently departed member stated in his last days before being "excused" from here, "It's an agenda and no matter what's done by the coaches, this certain group will gripe about it." He also added that since it is an agenda there's no point in attempting rational discussion with them, but I've never been a quitter so I do keep trying.

Look at these comments in that light and they're sort of funny.

You're a joke.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Also, lol at quoting the wisdom of the unhinged clown who got himself banned. That's about as intelligent as quoting 45 year old recruiting advice.

More like 47 year old recruiting advice big difference from 45

On 1/24/2019 at 6:32 PM, TigerTennis80 said:

He can also talk about Auburn being key to him getting to the.NFL. And he can say that credibly.

He can also talk about how much his senior year propelled his pro career. We had two juniors in Pettway and Johnson that if both or either had stayed for their senior year could have totally improved how dynamic our offense could have been. 

I realize each situation is different but this is a young man who can speak to the benefits and thought process of that decision. 

Can you imagine if both of those guys had come back and been healthy for us in 2018?

7 hours ago, aujohnson said:

He can also talk about how much his senior year propelled his pro career

I talked to Caddy’s step dad at a gym that be tried to run roughly 5 years ago, and because of that conversation I don’t think Caddy will be any more of an advocate of staying the full four years as you might think. Especially for RBs.

This “more carries vs less carries” argument is getting tiresome. To me, it’s not about the amount of carries. It has always been when the guy is getting carries. If a guy is healthy enough to get 50 carries then whatever. Just freaking don’t run the guy back to back to back if he is dog tired. If a guy is banged up then yes, you should be sharing carries.

Another thing is make sure you have a suitable back up that you TRUST. Doesn’t necessarily have to be proven. But always have someone ready who you believe can carry the load if an injury does happen.

12 hours ago, aujohnson said:

He can also talk about how much his senior year propelled his pro career. We had two juniors in Pettway and Johnson that if both or either had stayed for their senior year could have totally improved how dynamic our offense could have been. 

I realize each situation is different but this is a young man who can speak to the benefits and thought process of that decision. 

Can you imagine if both of those guys had come back and been healthy for us in 2018?

I dont think there's a single thing KJ could've have gained in coming back except being hurt somewhere else and I mean...KP's days were pretty much done. I get your intentions, but my main problem is you're preaching what the college could gain from someone coming back another year, instead of what THEY could gain. I think the only place where that type of recruiting succeeds is over in West Alabama.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I talked to Caddy’s step dad at a gym that be tried to run roughly 5 years ago, and because of that conversation I don’t think Caddy will be any more of an advocate of staying the full four years as you might think. Especially for RBs.

Staying the 4 years seemed dumb back then cause you really got ran in the dirt usually and it seems even worse now b/c you only got a handful of years before you're trade fodder (at least for 95% of RBs). It seems even DUMBEST(!!!!) when you stay 4 years at Auburn because you dont know when you're gonna go from a 10 win team that beat several ranked teams by 20+ to Vandy tier for no real reason other than the coaches just dont know their own weaknesses (this is just me venting).

On 1/26/2019 at 8:37 AM, Mikey said:

Here's the deal as it exists on this forum, this thread being a perfect example:  11 carries isn't enough, 25 carries is abuse, yada-yada-yada. As one recently departed member stated in his last days before being "excused" from here, "It's an agenda and no matter what's done by the coaches, this certain group will gripe about it." He also added that since it is an agenda there's no point in attempting rational discussion with them, but I've never been a quitter so I do keep trying.

Look at these comments in that light and they're sort of funny.

Well that isn't even remotely true. I've stated several times that it is time to move on from last year but some of you won't let it go. The Griffin thread is a prime example. I stated IMO that the best way to move forward was to get Griffin and have 3 of the every down backs like the Boobies. You made that thread into a discussion about carrys. If I would have gone a different way then you would have done the opposite. You are the one with the agenda. Gus agreed that the way the backs were used last year was not the best and was going to do better at this next year. His fault. FWIW. 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Staying the 4 years seemed dumb back then cause you really got ran in the dirt usually and it seems even worse now b/c you only got a handful of years before you're trade fodder (at least for 95% of RBs). It seems even DUMBEST(!!!!) when you stay 4 years at Auburn because you dont know when you're gonna go from a 10 win team that beat several ranked teams by 20+ to Vandy tier for no real reason other than the coaches just dont know their own weaknesses (this is just me venting).

Have we ever had a 10 win season with a brand new offensive line? By brand new I mean really small number of returning starters going into the season (I don't know the number but  I know it was small)?

Not making excuses for disasters like the TN game and the crappy defense against MSU, just asking the question. 

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Have we ever had a 10 win season with a brand new offensive line? By brand new I mean really small number of returning starters going into the season (I don't know the number but  I know it was small)?

Not making excuses for disasters like the TN game and the crappy defense against MSU, just asking the question. 

There were no returning regular starters and your answer is no. :)

5 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

The last time that happened, and I'm fuzzy on the specifics, was when we brought in Pugh, Ramsey, and Ziemba...that was a "meh" kind of year, 8 wins maybe, followed by disaster and a firing.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

This “more carries vs less carries” argument is getting tiresome. To me, it’s not about the amount of carries. It has always been when the guy is getting carries. If a guy is healthy enough to get 50 carries then whatever. Just freaking don’t run the guy back to back to back if he is dog tired. If a guy is banged up then yes, you should be sharing carries.

Another thing is make sure you have a suitable back up that you TRUST. Doesn’t necessarily have to be proven. But always have someone ready who you believe can carry the load if an injury does happen.

And with the rare exception- Tre in 2013, Derrick Henry in 2015, the kid from Kentucky this past year because Kentucky is lucky to have one true every-down back much less two- managing your RBs in this manner will result in the kind of averages over the season that a lot of us are advocating for. 

I don't think anyone will ever get upset about a Kerryon Johnson or Boobee Whitlow having 40 carries against a TAMU if the dude is averaging over 5 yards a carry in that game. What we can't see again is RB1 averaging 24 carries a game and less than 5 yards per for an entire season

Tre and CAP perfectly represented the scenario you describe in your 2nd paragraph, but even then we had Marshall running the ball a zillion times and that offense created massive spaces for the ball carrier to operate in. But that was a great case of letting the hot hand ride with a plug and play replacement waiting in the wings. And we haven't had it since. 

Y’all ever noticed that when a certain person gets given a real tangible counter, they ignore it and act like they weren’t responded to?

Hell I’d just like to get back to Caddy the Recruiter.

Loofus and tbe beat a dead horse gang is out in full force though. 

I know Caddy can/will become a very good recruiter but its going to take time and he will be eaten alive by some in the SEC for a while. I'm just not sure we/AU have the time for his training

22 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Y’all ever noticed that when a certain person gets given a real tangible counter, they ignore it and act like they weren’t responded to?

Yes. But if it's me, no. (I do have a lot of people on ignore so it's totally possible.)

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yes. But if it's me, no. (I do have a lot of people on ignore so it's totally possible.)

Not you hahahah.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know Caddy can/will become a very good recruiter but its going to take time and he will be eaten alive by some in the SEC for a while. I'm just not sure we/AU have the time for his training

That's what's most curious about it, I guess. This hire would make a lot of sense in a lot of scenarios. But we're in "it's just so crazy it might work" territory now, with the entire offense. 

So looking at the 247 sports 2020 running backs...Caddy has his work cut out for him. A lot of good backs and if I counted correctly, there are 11 4 star or better located in the "south". But it appears most of them are currently 100% to our rivals. It will be interesting to see what he can do.

Hopefully IMG has a good group behind this years class that Caddie will have some influence with. Unless they get some more in IMG will be pretty thin at Sr. RB's next year. I also think he might be able to help with some other positions from IMG next year ( I'm hoping any way).

31 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Hopefully IMG has a good group behind this years class that Caddie will have some influence with. Unless they get some more in IMG will be pretty thin at Sr. RB's next year. I also think he might be able to help with some other positions from IMG next year ( I'm hoping any way).

I wonder if they have a lot of kids transfer in for their senior year. I could definitely see that unless there are rules against it.

37 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

So looking at the 247 sports 2020 running backs...Caddy has his work cut out for him. A lot of good backs and if I counted correctly, there are 11 4 star or better located in the "south". But it appears most of them are currently 100% to our rivals. It will be interesting to see what he can do.

With due respect @SouthGATiger this is not how the crystal ball feature is intended to be nor should be read. No uncommitted kid a year out from signing is 100% to any school. Heck. it applies to most committed kids too.  Also most picks this early for kids a year away from signing are virtually meaningless. The only picks that have any validity are reporters for the teams most heavily involved in a kids recruitment.

Archived