Major target
Believed to be underrated a good bit
Likely to visit

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Been a while since we've gotten a player from ST.TA

Yup & there is absolutely no doubt about competition. Miami & Ft Lauderdale 7A & 8A football is better than some college levels.

That was the first school I ever played an inter scholastic game against. Jr. High basketball. They had 9th graders, our school was new and only went to 8th grade that year. They beat us 50-6. :(

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

That was the first school I ever played an inter scholastic game against. Jr. High basketball. They had 9th graders, our school was new and only went to 8th grade that year. They beat us 50-6. :(

Did they spot y'all 6 points before the game?

41 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Did they spot y'all 6 points before the game?

No, they spotted us the six points by playing their 3rd stringers the entire second half. They came in a school bus that was full of players. Our entire team traveled in one car and the back of my grandpa's pickup truck.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, they spotted us the six points by playing their 3rd stringers the entire second half. They came in a school bus that was full of players. Our entire team traveled in one car and the back of my grandpa's pickup truck.

Yea the good ole days. I played in a gym in junior high that had an old fashioned wall clock with one dial that spun around and around til time ran out. You had to guess how many minutes were left in the quarter. Dang!!!

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not much depth there, Mikey. :poke:

5 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Not much depth there, Mikey. :poke:

No there wasn't. If we'd had just half as many players as the Auburn football team has O-linemen on scholarship we'd have had to have another car and driver. Alas, eight was all we could muster, if nobody got sick.

I like what I saw in his highlight film and think he very well could be underrated. I am far from being any kind of expert with regard to the O-line position, but he appears to play with a mean streak of which is needed to be a successful O-lineman in the SEC.

One of the hardest things for me when looking at O-Line HS highlight snippets is that in most cases the kids are so much bigger than their opponents  that they dominate on size alone. Almost all of them their pad level is to high and they get away with a lot that they won't get away with at the next level. I try to watch things like motor do they go after the next guy do they keep attacking down field. I try and look at their first step and finally as Doc said the mean streak.  What I saw is a big strong kid that keeps playing until the whistle, that gets off quickly at the snap and pulls with authority.  He has the potential to be a solid SEC guard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

isn't he visiting AU this weekend? seems like I saw this somewhere?

On 5/4/2019 at 3:11 PM, Roos said:

isn't he visiting AU this weekend? seems like I saw this somewhere?

Did he visit and if so any news on where we stand. Also he has a teammate OT Marcus Dumvervil any idea on where we stand with him.

I cannot find anything on him nor Marcus, we are getting 0 information on our recruits as far as visits, leans etc. 

it is quite concerning as we could not get a transfer from Arkansas(who transferred to Iowa St over us) 

this is beginning to tell me we are not doing well at all. 

Just because our name is in the hat means absolutely nothing. 

58 minutes ago, Roos said:

I cannot find anything on him nor Marcus, we are getting 0 information on our recruits as far as visits, leans etc. 

it is quite concerning as we could not get a transfer from Arkansas(who transferred to Iowa St over us) 

Don't jump off the cliff just yet

2 hours ago, Roos said:

Remember the person who was most instrumental in keeping us informed (Ellitor)  has a new position that does not allow him to report on recruiting that probably has a lot to do with the lack of information we are seeing on this board at this time. 

2 hours ago, Roos said:

I've never understood this line of thinking. This kid didn't sign with AUBURN out of HS for reasons I'm not sure of. It isn't a big deal that he didn't transfer here now. Would I like a wr of his stature?  Absolutely. But to say it is quite concerning that he picked Iowa St  is...well...Auburn isn't for everyone. Wasn't for this kid out of HS and obviously not now. 

Like the man in the barber shop says..

NEEXXXTTTTT....

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Archived