Tornadoes in Lee County

AURex

Praying for Lee County, ;looks like a lot of devastation.

They have my prayers. I contacted a few old friends that still live in Lee County luckily they are all safe. One the Tornado hit their brothers area but not his house. Wayne's brother David said the area around his home was completely devastated and he had never seen anything like it in his 50+ years living in Alabama.

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

They have my prayers. I contacted a few old friends that still live in Lee County luckily they are all safe. One the Tornado hit their brothers area but not his house. Wayne's brother David said the area around his home was completely devastated and he had never seen anything like it in his 50+ years living in Alabama.

Come to North Alabama and he will! We’ve had a few of those. Praying 

How close to Auburn was this damage? I worked on my rental house all weekend and didn’t get any news. 

21 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

According to my co-worker it was just a few miles south of 85.

Yes, it was about 6 miles down Hwy 51 from I-85. 

I grew up in and currently live in Beauregard where the tornado struck. My cousin, her husband, and one of their children were in their home when the tornado hit yesterday. Their house was leveled. They have severe injuries but they were among the fortunate to survive. I live on Lee county road 11 not far from Sanford Middle School. My cousin's house is exactly 2.5 miles from where I just built my house. 

Beauregard is nestled between the Southeast side of Auburn and the South side of Opelika about the same distance from each city. I can get to either auburn or opelika in about 5-10 minutes from where i live just to give you an idea of how close I am to Auburn.

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I grew up in and currently live in Beauregard where the tornado struck. My cousin, her husband, and one of their children were in their home when the tornado hit yesterday. Their house was leveled. They have severe injuries but they were among the fortunate to survive. I live on Lee county road 11 not far from Sanford Middle School. My cousin's house is exactly 2.5 miles from where I just built my house. 

Very sorry to hear this, Cruiser. I'm glad your cousin's family survived but they obviously went through extreme trauma and have a long road ahead of them. I hope the best for them. 

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Oh my goodness. I am over in Columbus and cannot believe the devastation from yesterday. I am so glad you are okay and that your cousin and her family are alive. It will absolutely be a long road and is such a jarring reminder of how temporary this life is. Y’all are in my prayers. 

I’ve been praying for the folks in Beauregard.  The pictures are unbelievable. Just a few miles north and it would have hit a full campus. My daughter used to live at and work for The Greens, which isn’t too far from where it passed. Prayers for your cousin, her family, and your community @AU80cruiser   

Thoughts and prayers to all those effected by the storm. May God give provide peace and comfort to all of the victims of this storm..

6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Beauregard is nestled between the Southeast side of Auburn and the South side of Opelika about the same distance from each city. I can get to either auburn or opelika in about 5-10 minutes from where i live just to give you an idea of how close I am to Auburn.

My sister and brother in law live on LR 100. Their house got hit pretty hard. They are good though.

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

My sister and brother in law live on LR 100. Their house got hit pretty hard. They are good though.

Man, they were extremely lucky. That is right there by my cousins house. I remember riding down LR 100 many times with my dad to get some Bill Capps sausage.

My second graders at Pike Road (east of Montgomery) made cards for the six classes of 2nds at Beauregard Elementary. My heart was so warmed to deliver them to Providence Baptist in Beauregard with some giftcards today and see the effect of so many having come together all week. The 23 crosses are beyond words. My prayers continue, as do my praises for the wonderful people I met and prayed with today, and for all who are bonding to bring good out of tragedy. Grieved at the suffering, and no words suffice, but small acts of kindness mount. Folks here have worked so hard in so many ways...and they say they can't describe the overflow. Cruiser, adding my prayers for your family. #BeauregardStrong

20190309_150201.jpg

20190309_150558.jpg

20190309_150338.jpg

20190309_152948.jpg

20190309_155823.jpg

20190309_161459.jpg

Archived