Gus being set up for failure?

aubiefifty

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Video was funded by Sexton more than likely.

How would Sexton benefit by Gus getting the axe?  

Otherwise,  considering how long it takes to build something of the scope being discussed it's likely that Gus will never get to enjoy the use or benefits of it.  Gus fan or not, I don't see this being relevant to his prospects at AU.....JMO....

I see his points. But, CGM has brought the criticism and loss of support on himself.  I am hoping that this upcoming season he can  regain what he needs to be successful. The sad thing is there are some who have never supported him from day 1 and never will. Ah, such is life...

We had LSU beat in 2017 and 2018 but ended losing both. Then you have Tennessee coming to Jordan-Hare and kicked our butt. At the time, Tenn was down right awful n the conference. And yet, we made them look like world beaters cause we couldn't do anything on offense or defense. Then to close out the regular season, Alabama blows us away again, 52-21.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

How would Sexton benefit by Gus getting the axe?  

Otherwise,  considering how long it takes to build something of the scope being discussed it's likely that Gus will never get to enjoy the use or benefits of it.  Gus fan or not, I don't see this being relevant to his prospects at AU.....JMO....

It was mostly in jest, though to answer your question Sexton gets his cut either way. 

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It was mostly in jest, though to answer your question Sexton gets his cut either way. 

figured that.....though if Sexton could sell Gus again it might be a new day for his "fee"   ....:-\    so maybe he could benefit ….

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

figured that.....though if Sexton could sell Gus again it might be a new day for his "fee"   ....:-\    so maybe he could benefit ….

Yep, that was the thought behind my original reply.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

No, just no. Gus has had opportunities and has another. The man needs to produce results to go along with his insane salary. Tired of the excuses. 

Maybe if Gus ponies up $4,000,0000 instead of $2,000,000 the wheels will start turning in the direction they  need to! (LOL) I still think this is going to happen regardless of Gus not so far down the road.   This clip has a good bit of truth in it.  However, I am somewhat skeptical with this revelation and think things will start moving forward soon to get the facility up and running and things are not as bad as being foretold by this sports writer with regard to funding the facility. 

I think by the time of SEC media days, things will be moving in the right direction for the football only facility. Just a hunch and prediction by Doc! If I am wrong, then so be it!

4 hours ago, twilli13 said:

No, just no. Gus has had opportunities and has another. The man needs to produce results to go along with his insane salary. Tired of the excuses. 

let me explain something to you 13. just because i post something does NOT mean i agree with it on way or another. it means this is a dead period for football and i posted something new for folks to cuss and fuss about . just because i refuse to trash talk about gus does not mean i am not aware of his failures. i just want to avoid any confusion here.

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

let me explain something to you 13. just because i post something does NOT mean i agree with it on way or another. it means this is a dead period for football and i posted something new for folks to cuss and fuss about . just because i refuse to trash talk about gus does not mean i am not aware of his failures. i just want to avoid any confusion here.

Im certainly not 13, but i didnt see his comment directed at YOU in the least bit. I could be wrong. Ive been wrong before... But it seemed TO ME that he was talking about/to the people in the video. 

Gus almost certainly is, but it's hard to feel bad for a guy who found a way to lose like he has. You keep on messing up on most other jobs, someone's going to eventually step in. Unfortunately, that someone in this instance is a board of out of touch old people who dont know any better.

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus almost certainly is, but it's hard to feel bad for a guy who found a way to lose like he has. You keep on messing up on most other jobs, someone's going to eventually step in. Unfortunately, that someone in this instance is a board of out of touch old people who dont know any better.

Gus doesnt need anyone setting himself up for failure. He has done a FINE job of that on his own.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

And let me explain something to you fifty. Just because I post a response to a post does not mean I'm addressing you specifically. I'm addressing the person in the video making yet more excuses for Gus. You posted something with someones opinion, I commented on it. Isnt that the point of a message board?

Frankly I'm shocked someone hasnt complained about the props given to Marcello in the video.

The guy gets so much hate on here you would think he constantly bad mouthed Auburn like Crepea

I think Pate makes a good point.  If you want to compete with the elite programs in college football, you have to stay ahead in the 'arms race'.  In this day and age, that means building a football facility.  Regardless of what Auburn's money people think of Gus Malzahn, you have to think long-term. To not give the coach (whoever that may be) everything he needs to compete on a level playing field with our rivals because you're afraid that coach can't succeed is tantamount to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Give Gus everything he needs to be successful.  If, after that, he doesn't succeed, then it's on him, and we go find a new coach.  But good luck finding a top-notch coach if we demonstrate an unwillingness to do what's needed  to compete with the big boys.  

If Gus doesn't get the high rise corner office, then we should not expect him to win. Is that what this video is saying. This only proves what I said and posted a year ago. Gus is not an elite coach, he is a 7-5/8-4 season coach and to be successful at this level you need 10-2 seasons. I stated it a year ago just as he mentioned in the video. Despite facilities, a high caliber coach will get it done.  

5 hours ago, twilli13 said:

And let me explain something to you fifty. Just because I post a response to a post does not mean I'm addressing you specifically. I'm addressing the person in the video making yet more excuses for Gus. You posted something with someones opinion, I commented on it. Isnt that the point of a message board?

you quoted me right? that is pretty specific and no way around it except i never said anything. maybe i came on too strong. i had just left the politics section which can do that. my point is i did not want to argue anything i was just posting for those that do. it is a message board but calling me out on something when all i did was post the article is a bit much.  i just do not want to get sucked into an argument and especially the pro gus bad gus stuff. i have already done that too much already. that is why i came on a bit strong. it is a slow time and i was posting something for the board. so i apologize if i am wrong about your intent but at the same time i have had people jump me because they think an article i posted was a reflection of my views. and for the record my apology is sincere. i am not too big to apologize ever if i am wrong unless the convo got disrespectful. maybe there is a better way to quote an article without feeling like words were being put in my mouth i did not say. shrugs......

ok let me throw this out there. there are one or two folks in the "know" on this board that have stated Auburn's next football coach had already been hired or is waiting for gus to fail. my question is it not logical to read comments like that and assume gus is getting a fair shake? was gus really denied the choice to hire whom he wanted at certain positions and was told he could not do that and had to settle? it gets pretty confusing and to me shows hints of some kind of jetgate kind of crap. does anyone understand what i am saying?

2 hours ago, AFTiger said:

Dear SEC,

How do we get the type of easy schedule as does Alabama?

We tried playing Tennessee like they do. It didn't work out so well. 😟

My thinking is that when we are as good as Alabama is year in and year out our schedule wouldn't seem as difficult either. At least they are moving Georgia to earlier in the season. 

I frankly don't see how some of you guys are able to wake up in the morning and lift your head off the pillow.  If you are this negative about something that is not about life or death and you can't seem to find even the smallest ray of hope, I would hate to see how negatively you live other aspects of your lives.  Most everyone who pays any attention at all to Auburn Football knows Gus' strengths and weaknesses.  Most of us who frequent AUFamily know those of you who have never supported Gus and take every opportunity to trash him every time you begin to type a response.  Some of you respond with personal attacks rather than defending your positions with fact.  At sixty eight, it appears to me that a lot of you have a lot of growing up to do.  Why can't we keep our responses and posts at a higher level than that of a kindergarten free for all.

JWShewmake

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you quoted me right? that is pretty specific and no way around it except i never said anything. maybe i came on too strong. i had just left the politics section which can do that. my point is i did not want to argue anything i was just posting for those that do. it is a message board but calling me out on something when all i did was post the article is a bit much.  i just do not want to get sucked into an argument and especially the pro gus bad gus stuff. i have already done that too much already. that is why i came on a bit strong. it is a slow time and i was posting something for the board. so i apologize if i am wrong about your intent but at the same time i have had people jump me because they think an article i posted was a reflection of my views. and for the record my apology is sincere. i am not too big to apologize ever if i am wrong unless the convo got disrespectful. maybe there is a better way to quote an article without feeling like words were being put in my mouth i did not say. shrugs......

Since your post was a video, I quoted a video. I didn't see a personal response from you specifically with the video. Since you didnt actually say anything in the post, really not sure why you took that as a personal assault on you. Again, you posted a video, so I responded with my take on it. 

Archived