Auburn Changes Logo

weathergeakal

10 hours ago, madkat7 said:

It's the rounded bottom of the "U" that is killing me. It looks unstable and puffy. If they merely wanted to emphasize the A, why not just eliminate the white space in the 1st example below (bottom left). If they "had" to change the AU proportion, at least keep the older shape of the U as in the 2nd example (bottom left). I think either of these is a better alternative than the new one the Leathites came up with.

AU Logo Options.jpg

I could do bottom right,   The U is better and still exemplifies the A to the degree they want.   

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Anyone remember this?  How long did it last?

6D317A5D-C722-4A26-83EF-0DABEAC5234F.jpeg

It's still available on a lot of apparel and stuff like car flags. I wish it would go away but it is actually used by the school system where my wife teaches too. 

33 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Screenshot_20190810-091603~2.png

Screenshot_20190810-091621~2.png

Everytime I see the new one I see the T-shirt. It's just like when I see the FedEx logo all I see is the arrow.

102628798-Untitled-4.jpg?v=1430254868&w=

to be honest, if you never placed them side by side, it isn't that big of a deal. 

But if you look at it from depth, i can see that if we wanted to emphasize the 'A', then the change focuses more on the 'A' which i do like.

The old image made the A and U look like they were equal, and the key probably was to showcase the Auburn 'A'.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

It's still available on a lot of apparel and stuff like car flags. I wish it would go away but it is actually used by the school system where my wife teaches too. 

Red Bay?

12 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Red Bay?

Nettleton Mississippi.

40 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

to be honest, if you never placed them side by side, it isn't that big of a deal. 

But if you look at it from depth, i can see that if we wanted to emphasize the 'A', then the change focuses more on the 'A' which i do like.

The old image made the A and U look like they were equal, and the key probably was to showcase the Auburn 'A'.

Exactly.  Side by side,  not cool.  On a helmet at game time...   beat OR.   

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Everytime I see the new one I see the T-shirt. It's just like when I see the FedEx logo all I see is the arrow.

Now you have ruined FedEx for those that didn't know about it lol. Agree on the tshirt.  As said above, I could live with the modified version of getting rid of small white triangle but leaving the white space at bottom more like a fat I.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I think I read somewhere that that arrow is supposed to be noticeable. It’s part of their design intent.

23 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think I read somewhere that that arrow is supposed to be noticeable. It’s part of their design intent.

More subliminal I think. That said what would Auburn's reason for the white t-shirt be.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Screenshot_20190810-091603~2.png

Screenshot_20190810-091621~2.png

The modified AU looks 👍 really good on the helmet.

16 minutes ago, creed said:

Agree that it looks better in this image with the helmet. I still prefer the old one. What can I say, I'm a traditionalist. 

45 minutes ago, creed said:

I can’t notice anything but how much that helmet looks like a piece of NASA astronaut equipment.

I prefer the new one just to piss the traditionalist off . Lol. If Auburn wouldn’t have announced this and just made the change nobody would’ve even noticed 

Archived