Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

Just now, jptiger said:

I think the national championship game we should have won 2013 eats at him. 

The man is the most stubborn coach I have ever seen. His offense is what all of these highly prolific teams like bama  and clemson run. THE DIFFERENCE is they add in so many new wrinkles and tweak it and give different looks but Gus just keeps on running the same plays he has always run. He does not adapt. He does not change.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I still remember when people wanted DC benched. Guy will find his groove 

I hope so, too!

19 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We don't have those. Gus doesn't like those for true freshman qbs. Would be rare

The original question was all tongue in cheek...

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

When Bo had time, he threw beautiful passes mostly.  Just tired of all the issues we have seen are still there this year. Don't want another full year of this.  Not giving up because we are talented enough, but gee whiz help Bo out!

Ducks are blitzing like crazy. The middle is wide open for crossing patterns and drag routes. Unfortunately I have 0 confidence in Gus making adjustments.

Just now, Zeek said:

LSU, Bama, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Florida with their DL feel like losses at this point 

Not Florida...did you see cousin Eddie's hapless gators last week against a bad Miami team?

In what world does an SEC team on the goal line against a PAC-12 defense not line up and pound the damn rock into the end zone 

3 minutes ago, Tigerninja said:

What are these adjustments of which you speak?  We don't really *do* that here ...

Chiropractic maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Sully to Beasley said:

Not Florida...did you see cousin Eddie's hapless gators last week against a bad Miami team?

Yes but that DL versus our OL spells disaster 

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Ducks are blitzing like crazy. The middle is wide open for crossing patterns and drag routes. Unfortunately I have 0 confidence in Gus making adjustments.

This 1000 times...stop sending everyone long and run and me short crossers

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

The man is the most stubborn coach I have ever seen. His offense is what all of these highly prolific teams like bama  and clemson run. THE DIFFERENCE is they add in so many new wrinkles and tweak it and give different looks but Gus just keeps on running the same plays he has always run. He does not adapt. He does not change.

I thought there would be no way we would be as predictable as last year but so far I’m wrong. 

Everyone needs to calm down. We just played a very sloppy first half in every phase and we are still only one score down. 

We get the ball after the half. Take it down and score, and we’re right back in this. 

4 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Hasting got mugged on that last pass and no call. The interception, DB had a hold of our guy, no call

About mid-2nd Qtr on a play to Canella, Oregon was holding and then intercepted--No Call. Earlier in the Half, Oegon Holding at the Line of Scrimmage (Tackling our Lineman) and Refs call Pass Interference downfield on AU.

All I can pray for is that the calls go our way in the 2nd Half, but it looks like the Refs have their mind made up, so we are going to have to produce our own points.

Forget all my ranting, AU has to score TD's in the Red Zone, and we have not. I believe we have been down there at least 4 times in the Red Zone and have 2 FG's made, I FG missed and an interception!!

@Maverick.AU Mentioned this earlier in the game thread but holy crap they have to do something with Shivers when he's in the game. Put him in motion, use him as a decoy, let him go out in the flats for a check down. Having your speediest, healthy playmaker just standing there is a waste of his talent. The Gus Malzahn offense works best when there is a lot of movement and misdirection. PLEASE utilize your talent!

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

I thought there would be no way we would be as predictable as last year but so far I’m wrong. 

He will have to this 2nd Half, or his job is gone, regardless of the millions. I have finally gotten off the Gus Bus. He cannot adapt!

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

The original question was all tongue in cheek...

Yeah I know. Still worth stating though. 

Sanchez spoke the truth at halftime. Need to get him easy throws to help him out and get him confidence. The only problem with that is that Sanchez doesn't know our offense. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

@Maverick.AU Mentioned this earlier in the game thread but holy crap they have to do something with Shivers when he's in the game. Put him in motion, use him as a decoy, let him go out in the flats for a check down. Having your speediest, healthy playmaker just standing there is a waste of his talent. The Gus Malzahn offense works best when there is a lot of movement and misdirection. PLEASE utilize your talent!

Shivers second half, hopefully 

C7E24755-DF70-4F8C-8319-FDCF155E435C.gif

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Everyone needs to calm down. We just played a very sloppy first half in every phase and we are still only one score down. 

We get the ball after the half. Take it down and score, and we’re right back in this. 

Great to see some sanity. 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That pick is on Seth . When will our receivers fight for a ball. He let the defender take right out of his hand. You have to make that catch.

Javaris Davis has been working with the WR's in practice on 50-50 ball techniques.

Archived