Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our oline is getting manhandled. I see no path to victory unless this changes.

5 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Plenty of blame to go around.

*Our secondary looked awful in the 1st quarter.

*Our special teams coverage is terrible. 

*They are blitzing a true Freshman QB, no surprise there but you have to counter it.

* When Nix got time he still made some bad throws. An underthrow to Sal for an INT, forcing a throw into traffic for an INT in the redzone, an overthrow on a sure TD in the EZ, an overthrow for the Williams jump ball in the EZ. 

*Nix has to play better, the defense needs to bring it, special teams need to get their head out of their ass and the coaches need to adjust.

Here is the thing, Bo is not ready for this and there is not a team in place for him. He is a good QB but he can't elevate a bad team yet. He isn't Baker Mayfield. He needs time to develop. 

His game is good for a very developed team missing a QB or at the very least a team with a run game and quick game. Bo is a true freshman so if you take him out now, he will have time to rebought. You do more damage keeping him in this dumpster fire at the moment. Plus, let the defense keep having to take the field and Oregon will be in their element. 

Let Gatewood take the field and see what you have right now because there will be no going back later in the year. You'll turn Nix into a Jeremy Johnson really quick.

18 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Sad truth sir. I hate to admit it, but if Bo was my son there is no way I would have let him play for Malzahn. Sorry, just the truth.

Careful. I became hated member of this site for saying these EXACT SAME WORDS. 

Archived