Florida - Game Thread

dyehardfanAU

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UF blew our script up and has been relentless since. We gotta figure out a way to manufacture some offense or our D will wear out shortly 

Is desperation with our offense setting in if you have the impulse to yell ¨put Gatewood in!¨? 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The play calling is awful. We’re not doing anything that we had been praising Gus for. We went 5 wide one time and it was a big completion to Hastings. 

The high low route was working earlier. 4-5 3 & outs in the 1st half is an issue. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I loathe Dan Mullen almost more than the nickster. He is a sleazy, whining jackazz.

I totally agree TB. The guy makes my skin crawl. What a scum bag!

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Gus came in with a bad offensive game plan ... and he’s sticking to it.  We cannot ride Bo Nix to a win.  We’ll need to ride whitlow.

Completely disagree. The run game is getting us nowhere because they’re not worried about the pass. Need to soften it up and spread them out. Quick slants and drags will help. Then give boobee, shwartz, and worm the bag and let them go to town. Not everything needs to be run up the middle, bubble screen, and deep shot

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

But Tutt should be benched for the entire game because of a mistake that didn't result in any points. However, when Bo throws an INT that leads to a TD for Florida we can't talk about him at all. If you're gonna criticize one player for a mistake, everyone should get the same criticism. Bo is having an awful game and I'm hoping he can clear his head at halftime and come back and light the gators up.

And plenty of people have; yes bo needs to be held accountable, needs to settle down, work on his footwork, etc. bo is also in his 6th game of college football too

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I just don’t understand why auburn fans won’t get Florida any credit for their defense. All week long all I heard was that their defense was not good. We have less than 100 yards at half time. We can’t run it. We can’t throw it. How about we give them some credit.

Dude I’m giving them credit. I am one of the few auburn fans who have gave them credit. They ARE GREAT...but 2 first downs?? Guess they’re just showing how good they are 

1 minute ago, AubWes33 said:

Have we ran any run plays with pulling lineman? Can't remember. That has worked really well for us this year so far. 

We’ve ran it. Florida is stopping it so far 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

He quoted the guy saying that, as he was endorsing the statement. Basically saying “yea I said this and people got pissed off”. He endorsed the statement which is why I quoted him

I don't know about endorsing and all of that. I'm talking about what was said that's all I can do. You see? See how dude already came at me with that bashing Bo stuff? Nobody wants to address that though

1 minute ago, AubWes33 said:

Have we ran any run plays with pulling lineman? Can't remember. That has worked really well for us this year so far. 

We did on a 3rd and 2 play and got nothing. Punted. 

Just now, Zeek said:

The play calling is awful. We’re not doing anything that we had been praising Gus for. We went 5 wide one time and it was a big completion to Hastings. 

We need to do more of the quick passes. I say that like we have any in our playbook. But, without a running game, we are dead. CGM has to give Bo a chance to win the game. You think I am crazy, but something has to change with the play calling on Offense. On Defense we need to to setup some good disguised blitzes on UF's 1st Second Half possession so we can get back in the ballgame. Our only positive plays have been Defense except for one pass play.

Here is hoping CGM and Steele come up with 2nd Half magic to match the Oregon game. Something has to change on Offense. CGM  I am truly hoping has a "backup plan" to jumpstart the 2nd Half. Sorry I just had to get all that out of my system, because once the clock starts in the 2nd Half it runs fast when you are behind...

1 minute ago, Dan-0 said:

Is desperation with our offense setting in if you have the impulse to yell ¨put Gatewood in!¨? 

I think that’s a fair and logical thought when you see the offense struggling as it has. Nothing wrong with wanting a change up, we as fans are prone to it 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

But Tutt should be benched for the entire game because of a mistake that didn't result in any points. However, when Bo throws an INT that leads to a TD for Florida we can't talk about him at all. If you're gonna criticize one player for a mistake, everyone should get the same criticism. Bo is having an awful game and I'm hoping he can clear his head at halftime and come back and light the gators up.

Yeah that throw to Seth was a bad throw, right?  Sigh.  The HC is not calling a good game at all.   

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Completely disagree. The run game is getting us nowhere because they’re not worried about the pass. Need to soften it up and spread them out. Quick slants and drags will help. Then give boobee, shwartz, and worm the bag and let them go to town. Not everything needs to be run up the middle, bubble screen, and deep shot

Oh I agree with you.  I’m bothered more by putting nix in a bad spot.  I’m not wanting to give up on the pass.  I think we’ve got to keep trying to pound it so the pass plays you mention will be more effective.  But the next play I coach will be my first.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't know about endorsing and all of that. I'm talking about what was said that's all I can do. You see? See how dude already came at me with that bashing Bo stuff? Nobody wants to address that though

I know bo needs to work on things, it’s obvious, the guy is 6 games into his college career.

Just now, Browning4AU said:

several

First play of the game, guard couldn’t pull in time before the end crashed, almost resulted in a sack. They’re fast. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

No Worm or DJ carries either 

Yep. Problem is no Worm. All we need right? Lol

Archived