Mike Leach

auburn4ever

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Leach really think that post was funny. Maybe. Maybe at Washington State and Texas but NOT in Mississippi and the deep South. Just how dumb can really be. If I was State's AD and President, y'all batter be worryed on what he'll say next. Leach will not last at MSU.

What did he say?

43 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Did Leach really think that post was funny. Maybe. Maybe at Washington State and Texas but NOT in Mississippi and the deep South. Just how dumb can really be. If I was State's AD and President, y'all batter be worryed on what he'll say next. Leach will not last at MSU.

Didn’t you suggest Mike Leach as a potential AU head coach in a past posting?

I always said Mike Leach was not a good fit for the SEC.  He will regret leaving the Pacific Northwest because that area is a much better match for his personality.....although racist remarks will get him in trouble everywhere. 

Mississippi State knew they were going to be running with scissors when they hired him. 

51 minutes ago, alexava said:

It was a tweet. It wasn’t funny. It’s being deemed racist. IMO it’s overblown. 

Tweets, and their true meaning, are very often overblown or misrepresented! That’s why I don’t useTwitter. It’s making our country insane at times.

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

Tweets, and their true meaning, are very often overblown or misrepresented! That’s why I don’t useTwitter. It’s making our country insane at times.

I don’t either. We still hear about it.  

I think it's probably the most tone deaf tweet any one's said in football recently

You can look at it however you think it should be, but he's already a known chum of DJT and is coaching at a university in Mississippi. The optics of such a situation are pretty bad 

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it's probably the most tone deaf tweet any one's said in football recently

You can look at it however you think it should be, but he's already a known chum of DJT and is coaching at a university in Mississippi. The optics of such a situation are pretty bad 

Give me a break. The tweet was a not-so-funny meme that basically said what a number of similar memes without a rope in them have said. It didn't suggest or imply anything racial. That part is being inserted by leftist snowflakes who think any site of a hangman's noose automatically implies a Klan rally. 

Obviously there were no racial intent. But seriously you have to be completely tone deaf to the history of the south to not know this could be offensive to some. And by some I'm including potential recruits

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Upset over this? Really? People have lost and are losing their minds.

mike-leach-tweet_18xnl0s9nt4w512by9swbsl

image.gif

Eh, this is just a harmless old folks meme. I've seen so much worse lol.

The issue is who is sending it and the environment around them? In this sensitive liberal stage we are surrounded by, It is not good to have a high profile coach, at a school in the deep south who has in its history issues with racial tension and  prejudices. Ole Miss with it's Rebel nickname, it's mascot, and the REbel flag being a major part of it's history is not the place to send a picture of someone w/ a noose.

It wasn't racial, but certainly wasn't smart either. 

A bit tone deaf? Yes

An unnecessary tweet to make? Sure

An odd ball guy and all around general weirdo? Absolutely 

Leach is all these things and more, but he’s no racist  His livelihood and career in general is predicated on dealing with and relying on persons from all races and walks of life. He has spent his entire life doing this. Wasn’t a smart thing to do but that’s about it. 

23 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Good grief ! Some of you need to take a chill pill and enroll in a sense of humor school.

I somewhat agree but then again I'm not a black man in the Deep South. I don't think he meant anything other than to be funny though. He's a loose cannon and he's going to say some things that won't go over well. It's who he is and MSU knew it. 

3 hours ago, aucom96 said:

he tweet was a not-so-funny meme that basically said what a number of similar memes without a rope in them have said.

Then why didn't he post it without the rope? He's not some normal person where you can post things without considering the fallout from it, that's the problem with people in this thread. You're thinking from YOUR pov, not that of a person who's reaching thousands. All that other snowflake conjecture is idiotic

2 hours ago, shabby said:

Obviously there were no racial intent. But seriously you have to be completely tone deaf to the history of the south to not know this could be offensive to some. And by some I'm including potential recruits

Guy's going to be recruiting a ton of black people, ideally out of state players and will have to convince them on living in the state of Mississippi. This isnt something that helps you achieve that goal.

It's also entirely deaf to his own perception, he's looked at as one of the furthest things from a player coach... by players. It's stupid to chop the waters up even more. You can put the "is he racist" question up, it's more of "is this guy an idiot"

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Then why didn't he post it without the rope?

Because the noose represented the scarf that Gertrude was knitting for her husband. It was the focal point of the joke. Without it, then it wouldn't have been a joke...Just an old woman sitting in a chair with a strange caption that made absolutely no sense.

Archived