2021 3* WR Adonai Mitchell (UGA)

Sizzle

18 offers including AU, Ole Miss, Baylor, UGA, LSU, Vols, & WVU
Probably AU's top outside WR target
Keith says AU has a very real shot at a flip here.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

How many 6’3+ guys are we trying to get? We need some quick slot guys too

Did Morris use those guys at Clemson? I honestly don't recall. 

Javy Johnson redshirted last year and, even at 6'0, Kobe Hudson might be that kind of guy. But we did also have 3 guys 6'2 or taller in this last class...

29 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

How many 6’3+ guys are we trying to get?

@Sizzle 1 at most per reports now.

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We need some quick slot guys too

Looking for 1 there too.

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did Morris use those guys at Clemson? I honestly don't recall. 

Javy Johnson redshirted last year and, even at 6'0, Kobe Hudson might be that kind of guy. But we did also have 3 guys 6'2 or taller in this last class...

He had Adam Humphries, who wasn’t the fastest but he had reliable hands 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Javy Johnson redshirted last year

I'm very high on him. He is gonna be dynamic! In our new passing game he's gonna have a lot of one-on-one mismatches and his quickness will show out. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm very high on him. He is gonna be dynamic! In our new passing game he's gonna have a lot of one-on-one mismatches and his quickness will show out. 

Okay, glad to hear you say that. I think my initial impression of him was "part Ryan Davis, part Steve Smith". So of course he's likely to be something quit different than either, but hopefully still really good. He just seems to have some real go-up-and-get-it dog to him.

With the WR's we have returning including Johnson and the TE's we have now with our current crop of RB's if Morris utilized all of them in the passing game including quick hits to TE's over middle on first down we have the potential of a dynamic passing attack. Utilizing the whole field in passing attack including quick hitters also takes some pressure off the O-line it forces LB's to drop into coverage helping the O-Line both when passing and running.   This is where I am hoping Gus is really giving Morris free rein on the O.  

The Morris O relies on a lot of what Gus does on O but the difference in use of TE's and RB's in passing attack can make a huge difference. Since there will be some major changes because of missing Spring. It will hurt us more than teams that basically stay the same from last year. A new O-line and some changes in the O style will be a tough learning curve during the fall.

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With the WR's we have returning including Johnson and the TE's we have now with our current crop of RB's if Morris utilized all of them in the passing game including quick hits to TE's over middle on first down we have the potential of a dynamic passing attack. Utilizing the whole field in passing attack including quick hitters also takes some pressure off the O-line it forces LB's to drop into coverage helping the O-Line both when passing and running.   This is where I am hoping Gus is really giving Morris free rein on the O.  

The Morris O relies on a lot of what Gus does on O but the difference in use of TE's and RB's in passing attack can make a huge difference. Since there will be some major changes because of missing Spring. It will hurt us more than teams that basically stay the same from last year. A new O-line and some changes in the O style will be a tough learning curve during the fall.

If we throw to the TE's 4 times or more per game, I will have a permanent Joker Smile on my face.

Considering WR height and speed, you have to look at what your competition looks like.   I have no idea what the SEC-W secondaries look like, but you hope Chad Morris and Gus M are looking at those factors.

Maybe that is one reason we keep trying to recruit taller receivers.   I just hope they also have some skills with some speed.   Oh and quickness.    Is that too much to ask?

34 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

teams that basically stay the same from last year

Which aren’t that many.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Which aren’t that many.

?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why the ? @Beaker? Many teams made changes after last season. It happens every year.

Maybe I saw it wrong....I thought I read something about T Will and something else that didn't make sense on this thread.     Maybe someone deleted it.   I was confused.

28 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Maybe I saw it wrong....I thought I read something about T Will and something else that didn't make sense on this thread.     Maybe someone deleted it.   I was confused.

There's been nothing about Twill in this thread. I quoted from my phone & it didn't catch the I in "It will hurt us more than teams that basically stay the same from last year" so it read "t will hurt us more than teams that basically stay the same from last year"

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I picked him to be one of the few guys who would play a big part as a true freshman last year. I was wrong on that but injuries slowed him down. Hopefully he makes that big impact this year.
With all these tall guys we have I just hope they create consistent separation

Keith says he close to putting in a crystal ball for Mitchell to flip to AU. Expects his recruitment to be over one way or another this Summer.

It’s probably about Mitchell the ole miss commit but without them saying names I just put it in this thread instead

Keith put in a crystal ball pick last night for AU to flip Adonai Mitchell. His confidence level was only a 5 though because UGA has been working on him lately also. Says AU is more confident than UGA though FWIW.

Can tweets be edited? If so, @Jake Crain, it should be affect, not effect. I know, I'm a resident grammar Nazi, but I only mention it to help a brother with his business.

15 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He retweeted this 

Yup! Everybody knows he's decommitting soon, even Lame Kiffin.

Archived