Erase One Play

AUFriction

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Watching the links I posted above, I started noticing even more small things. 

It's like watching Titanic. You know what's coming. But every time, you yell at Rose for not sharing that giant chunk of boat with Jack. Why, Rose? Why!??!?!

That's because of the scene that was cut from the movie...

Jack- "Come on Rose, let me sketch you with no clothes on"

Rose- "No way, you couldn't pay me to do that"

Jack- "anything you want, but I really want to sketch you"

Rose- "okay, hypothetically if the boat sinks and there's only one life preserver between us then I get it all to myself. 

Jack-  Deal, because this boat is unsinkable. I can't lose"

And now you have the rest of the story. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, AUFriction said:

8. 1985 bammer - Van Tiffin kick. No championship on the line. Just bragging rights. Receiver was down in-bounds TWO YARDS FROM THE SIDELINE the play prior with no timeouts, which would have ended the game had the Side Judge called it correctly...

Yes, even as a student with the obligatory student allotment of bourbon in me I was screaming about that (no) call

58 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That's because of the scene that was cut from the movie...

Jack- "Come on Rose, let me sketch you with no clothes on"

Rose- "No way, you couldn't pay me to do that"

Jack- "anything you want, but I really want to sketch you"

Rose- "okay, hypothetically if the boat sinks and there's only one life preserver between us then I get it all to myself. 

Jack-  Deal, because this boat is unsinkable. I can't lose"

And now you have the rest of the story. 

#worthit

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

My number three is easily LSU 2017--the punt return. We win that game 23-20 and the SECC really doesn't matter

Of course the SECCG matters. The loser has never gotten in. Can never say never. 2012 Georgia could have gotten in because #1 Kansas St and #2 Oregon both shat the bed in Week 12. But not a team beaten by 21 points in the SECCG.

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

My number three is easily LSU 2017--the punt return. We win that game 23-20 a

That's a big assumption.  We weren't stopping that offense in the 4th quarter + we couldn't stay on the field on offense to kill clock.  And take it from someone who was there, Death Valley was rocking. 

that earlier post might have a really fair point. A win over a ranked LSU in Death Valley, two #1 blowouts, and your only losses being in death valley (against the #1 team in the final reg szn CFP rankings) and the SEC CG. the normal #4 team was an Alabama team that you only have one more loss because you beat them. The #5 was an OSU team that got handily beat by Oklahoma and got domesticated by Iowa (and needed an awful choke by PSU to not be dead in the water)

The CFP would've had to REALLY put their necks out there to rationalize putting Alabama over Auburn there. Just the statement "x team would've had a better record than y team if x team didn't beat y team" would've at least made their life very hard. Gus made their job easy by choking that one 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mikey said:

I'd erase Van Tiffin's last second field goal in the '85 Iron Bowl. That one still irks me the worst.

Yep. If I could choose to go back and be a player for just one play and change history I would opt to be Tiffins holder.

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep. If I could choose to go back and be a player for just one play and change history I would opt to be Tiffins holder.

I'd be the Side Judge and correctly rule the bammer WR down in-bounds the prior play. To see them scrambling like madmen to rush the offense out and the FG unit in, only to watch the clock run out would have been priceless.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:26 AM, johnnyAU said:

1. Actually look for the fake punt vs FSU

2. Defend the 4th and 25 against UGA where they scored on the last play

3. Defend Bobo's last second 4th down heave as time expired  That play should not have happened. We sack the QB and time should have ran out, but for some reason the ref's stop the clock to give UGA another play.

4. Knock down the LSU fake FG on last play Which year was this play?

5. Catch the TD pass against Eli Manning and the Rebs  Ben O. made a hellva run on an WR screen to get us down there, only to drop the pass in the endzone. 

6. Don't foul the Virginia shooter in final second

7. Oklahoma State makes key stop against Iowa State in 2011

Not necessarily in that order

9 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

4. Knock down the LSU fake FG on last play Which year was this play?

Except it wasn't a fake FG.  That's my lack of memory. I remember expecting LSU to kick a FG. It was a play that was winding down to the last second and Flynn threw a pass to the end zone to Byrd for the winning TD.

50 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Except it wasn't a fake FG.  That's my lack of memory. I remember expecting LSU to kick a FG. It was a play that was winding down to the last second and Flynn threw a pass to the end zone to Byrd for the winning TD.

Yep it honestly was a perfect throw too 

Pick one same game 4th down pickup on fake punt or TD on kickoff because it was one of the few not kicked out the end zone. Take either away game over. In 2013 NC game.

10 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

But this is what people forget.  Even if he doesn't make the catch, LSU had time to kick a game winning FG.  The clock would have stopped with :01 left and they had a reasonable shot at winning via kick.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

But this is what people forget.  Even if he doesn't make the catch, LSU had time to kick a game winning FG.  The clock would have stopped with :01 left and they had a reasonable shot at winning via kick.

It was still a very risky call.  And of course, if we sack the QB, or flush the QB and the pass is incomplete, they wouldn't have had time left.  Several things could have gone wrong, when most folks would have just lined up for the FG.   The Mad Hatter was anything but conventional. 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:06 PM, Randman5000 said:

Haven't Watched that game since... Probably never will. Too painful. 

Great season though.

I was the game and will never watch a replay!

On 7/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, AUFriction said:

Tre Mason scoring on a reach out in the NC in the last 2 minutes. If he hadn’t scored so quickly, we kill the clock, and FSU has no chance to score the go ahead TD.

This. I screamed "no" when this happened and my family told me to calm down that we had this...

Could have won in similar fashion as we did the Oregon NC.

My play would have to be one of two:

1. The kick return by FSU where we all but had the tackle before someone's hamstring had to explode.

2. I can't remember the game but there was a play where an experienced center snapped the ball when Nick Marshall wasn't ready and it lead to a snowball affect

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This. I screamed "no" when this happened and my family told me to calm down that we had this...

Could have won in similar fashion as we did the Oregon NC.

My play would have to be one of two:

1. The kick return by FSU where we all but had the tackle before someone's hamstring had to explode.

2. I can't remember the game but there was a play where an experienced center snapped the ball when Nick Marshall wasn't ready and it lead to a snowball affect

Number 2 was Texas A&M in 2014. The snapper was I believe 4th year starter and all American Reese Dismukes.

6 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Number 2 was Texas A&M in 2014. The snapper was I believe 4th year starter and all American Reese Dismukes.

Correct! As far as plays that stabbed my heart (in person) that was one of the most baffling. Dismukes was a legend but man that play was such a knife.

Gus's run up the middle for the 2nd straight time for no gain /gain of 1.    If you add in a thought out play in this situation we would have less 3 and long's across the board. 

2013 was a gift anyways. Who really thought Sparty was gonna knock off OSU. Should've won it, but it was all house money.

My one play is the kickoff return for a TD by FSU in the 2013 BCS Natty game. Parkey had like 80% touchbacks that year. One more and we win. One tackle on that play and we win. FSU cannot win the game without that KO return.

Archived