Kentucky game Score Prediction

Zeek

Sunday is the start of the week so here we go! What say you?

Who? #8 Auburn vs #23 Kentucky

What? First AU football game of the year!

When? 11:00 AM CST

Where? Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL

Why you should watch? First game of the year, ranked SEC game, and tone setter for this weird game. Will Bo Nix be improved? How will the OL look? How will the DL look? Does Chad Morris really have control of a different offense? Will Smoke and Sherwood take the next step?

Things of Note:

Auburn is 26-6-1 against Kentucky currently holding a 2 game win streak.

There's rumors about Gatewood being cleared to play but there might be some truce between coaches that he won't be played in this game. Honestly, I don't think he would start regardless. 

Kentucky fans are extremely confident. A lot of media outlets seem to be siding with them as well.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reason to be fired up about this game is the Gameday snub from ESPN. It’s by far a better game than Miami and Florida State... zzzzzz

Hope Auburn puts on a show!!

1 hour ago, Pedaler said:

One of their wins against us in Jordan Hare was courtesy of the refs in the forth quarter giving them two first downs they clearly did not make. 

Which game was this?

AU 31-17

Just finished watching Kentucky season preview show. 5 of 6 predicted a Kentucky victory against AU. For the season the predictions ranged from 8-2 to 6-4. Every team has high hopes before the season begins.

I think the missed Spring practice hurts us more than it does most teams, making this one closer than it might otherwise be.  28-24 AU in a nail biter.

No spring practice, a late season start, a shiny new offense, a new O-line and the first game of the season. I mean what could go wrong right, lol ? You just know there will probably be a lot of penalties and turnovers in the first half. This one is so hard to figure out but I'm going with our boys, AU-30 KY-20. 

I’ll go 28-20 good guys with UK scoring late to make it appear closer than it was. 

35-21

Most of their points come from their QB extending plays. Our offense looks amazing on the first drive but then stalls for a few before finding some consistency. 

The biggest problem is that I feel going into this game they have the better (or more experienced) OL and DL. That is a recipe for disaster. You win up front, you win the game. I feel like our skill players are MUCH better, but will Bo have time to throw? Will the Rbs have room to run? New OC, new Oline with limited practice time... it could be good or it could be a disaster.

I think we will struggle until we start to gel but I am not going to predict a loss. Just can’t... AU by 4

17 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

I don’t remember that, but I believe it. That was also a trap game I think. If memory serves me, we’d lost to Arkansas on the road in the previous game after a 5-0 start, and we were traveling to LSU the next. Sloppy play, including a blocked field goal for a TD. The whole thing really felt like a post loss letdown. And they probably also caught us looking ahead to that LSU matchup.

Archived