2022 3* DB Jarrell Stinson De-Commits From AU!

toddc

Local product Jarrell Stinson commits to Auburn

By Keith Niebuhr 15 hours ago

It still isn't yet known who will be Auburn's replacement for Gus Malzahn as head coach, but that hasn't stopped the Tigers from landing a commitment.

Three-star junior cornerback Jarell Stinson of nearly Opelika High (Ala.) gave his verbal to Auburn on Monday, just one day after Malzahn was fired. Stinson, who is listed at 5-feet-10, 160 pounds, is the No. 45 corner nationally and No. 16 recruit in the state of Alabama for the class of 2022 in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

He also had offers from programs such as Kentucky, Nebraska and Tennessee.

"I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about (secondary coach Wesley) McGriff and it’s always been a dream to play at Auburn," Stinson told Auburn Undercover.

The Tigers offered Stinson on Oct. 12.

“I felt like it was close,” Stinson said the week he was offered. “They have kept sending me mail and I have been recruiting with the DB coach a lot. Coach (Burns) had sent me a message and he texted my dad. My dad got him on the phone with me.”

Stinson said in October the Auburn offer was a big one for him for a number of different reasons.

“It’s crazy because I grew up watching Auburn,” he said. “My room is decorated in Auburn. I used to have Auburn sheets on my bed. It’s just crazy.”

According to Stinson, he most likely will be a December graduate next year. He had 57 total tackles (24 solo) in 2020 with one interception.

Stinson is Auburn's third 2022 commitment (complete list here). All three are defensive backs.

Edited by toddc

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* DB Jarrell Stinson Commits To AU!

• 1 month later...

https://twitter.com/JLeeAURivals/status/1358093819246489601?s=09

https://twitter.com/ITATJason/status/1358113563597033473?s=19

I'm only posting the the link here because for some reason I'm getting a 403 forbidden message when I attempt to post the tweet.

Edited by Paladin
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Anybody have a 247 sub to see where he got the info from? 

@ClaytonAUPublicly originated by Rivals. Regardless JBoy is from Opelika & still has a lot of connections there. I imagine he has solid info on his own on Stinson.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love this kind of speed.  I hope the coaches are working him hard to keep him.  For the star watchers with this kind of speed if he  has good hips to go with it he will become a 4*.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Paladin said:

He has his Florida OV two weeks before ours and they are pushing hard. At this rate I’m just hoping he’s still committed by the time we get to our OV weekend for him.

• Sad 1

We need to be repeating constantly to the recruits that Mullen is shopping for an NFL job. Coaching stability is a strong selling point for AU right now and we need to be using that to its full potential. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Coaching stability is a strong selling point for AU right now and we need to be using that to its full potential. 

Yes. After years of fighting the other I agree wholeheartedly 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, gravejd said:

Coaching stability is a strong selling point for AU right now and we need to be using that to its full potential. 

23 hours ago, fredst said:

Yes. After years of fighting the other I agree wholeheartedly 

Good point. Any kid that signs this year or next is almost guaranteed the same HC through his senior year. 

Almost is pretty good these days.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, gravejd said:

We need to be repeating constantly to the recruits that Mullen is shopping for an NFL job. Coaching stability is a strong selling point for AU right now and we need to be using that to its full potential. 

According to some on here, negative recruiting can only be used against Auburn. Apparently it’s ineffective against other schools. 😅

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

According to some on here, negative recruiting can only be used against Auburn. Apparently it’s ineffective against other schools. 😅

Never read where anyone said it was inneffective. Just that Gus didn't believe in doing it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Never read where anyone said it was inneffective. Just that Gus didn't believe in doing it.

Haven't seen anyone say it's ineffective, but we've got a lot of folks who think Auburn's above all that.

Our fan base can be a bit self-righteous. But at least we're not georgia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Haven't seen anyone say it's ineffective, but we've got a lot of folks who think Auburn's above all that.

Our fan base can be a bit self-righteous. But at least we're not georgia. 

If "The Creed" doesn't specify that it's a no-no then it's ok to do it in my book!😀

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, tinman said:

If "The Creed" doesn't specify that it's a no-no then it's ok to do it in my book!😀

"<ctrl+f 'fat stacks of cash in Mcdonald's bags'>"
"Your search found 0 results."
"I think we're good!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I really hope we can get him on Campus while he is still committed and shore up this snag.

• Like 1