Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

Who should CBH hire as his coordinators? Assuming he does have autonomy.  I had a few in mind. 

D coordinator 

1. Will Muschamp- He's an SEC insider who can help CBH adjust to the conference. 

2. Andy Avalos- Didnt get mario but maybe we could poach his DC, worked with CBH at Boise.

3. Kevin Steele- He's a solid D coodinator but I think we need to clean house if we are changing the culture in the locker room

4. Travis Williams- I think Coach T will would be a good option but like I said, we should clean house from Gus's staff.

O Coordinator

1. Jeff Lebby- OC at Ole miss under kiffin, formerly the OC at UCF when they ranked top 5 in the NCAA 

2. Eric Kiesau- If he decides to pull what Malzahn did with Lashlee and bring his OC with him

3. Kendal Briles

4. Mike Bobo 

Thoughts? I think any coach in the SEC needs solid coordinators assuming he lets them do their jobs unlike Gus. 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

TRob did not impress me at USCe this year. Would like Moore if he is willing to leave the big boy league.

After what steele pulled, I seriously think he should go 

1 hour ago, drewzums343 said:

Who should CBH hire as his coordinators? Assuming he does have autonomy.  I had a few in mind. 

D coordinator 

1. Will Muschamp- He's an SEC insider who can help CBH adjust to the conference. 

2. Andy Avalos- Didnt get mario but maybe we could poach his DC, worked with CBH at Boise.

3. Kevin Steele- He's a solid D coodinator but I think we need to clean house if we are changing the culture in the locker room

4. Travis Williams- I think Coach T will would be a good option but like I said, we should clean house from Gus's staff.

O Coordinator

1. Jeff Lebby- OC at Ole miss under kiffin, formerly the OC at UCF when they ranked top 5 in the NCAA 

2. Eric Kiesau- If he decides to pull what Malzahn did with Lashlee and bring his OC with him

3. Kendal Briles

4. Mike Bobo 

Thoughts? I think any coach in the SEC needs solid coordinators assuming he lets them do their jobs unlike Gus. 

Absolutely "No" to Kevin Steele. 

Bobo?? Really???

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Absolutely "No" to Kevin Steele. 

Bobo?? Really???

Yeah you could make a good case for running steele out of auburn. Not a bad DC but I wouldn't be surprised if he colluded with the PTB

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Arizona St. OC

The few times I've seen Arizona State play this season I was impressed with their offense. Zac Hill was Harsin's OC at Boise State from 2016-2019.

https://thesundevils.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/zak-hill/4283#:~:text=Zak Hill%2C who spent the,Herm Edwards December of 2019.

Just now, Paladin said:

The few times I've seen Arizona State play this season I was impressed with their offense. Zac Hill was Harsin's OC at Boise State from 2015-2018.

https://thesundevils.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/zak-hill/4283#:~:text=Zak Hill%2C who spent the,Herm Edwards December of 2019.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just took his Boise OC with him

Not a fan of Muschamp unless he learns to shut up and chill on the sidelines 

I'm just happy that he has control over the staff. I wish/hope that they would have done that with Napier, which I refuse to believe they did. Last time I comment on the coaching search and I fully support CBH.

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Fixed it for you

All in good fun, Swamp. I for one don't have the money to try buying 'influence.' 😉

My 0.02... While I agree that a house cleaning is necessary, I like the idea of retaining a couple of folks that are more familiar with recruiting down here, and do know something about the culture at Auburn. And I know we are wanting a culture change here, but I do think there are good aspects of the culture. That said if none are retained I get it and wouldn’t be upset.

Apologies if this was a bit of a word salad.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

16 hours ago, drewzums343 said:

D coordinator 

O Coordinator

3. Kendal Briles

4. Mike Bobo 

Imagine having Steele (barf) and TWill listed for DC but not Derek Mason

Mike Bobo (barf) no clue why anyone would want that guy

Screenshot_20201224-104847_Chrome.jpg

This guy has a lot of connections to CBH and is currently coaching in the SEC. Only 34. Also a Boise alum. OC at Washington when he was only 32 or so.

13 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

I'm just happy that he has control over the staff. I wish/hope that they would have done that with Napier, which I refuse to believe they did. Last time I comment on the coaching search and I fully support CBH.

We probably did. I’m fairly confident that Napier is just greedy, based on what I’ve heard  from pulling out of USCe deal and now us. 

Doesn’t Harsin call his own plays so does it really matter that much who we hire? I know it still matters in recruiting. So who’s the best recruiter out there

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Someone we should consider for DC is the DC at Wisconsin. 

He'll never leave, but great coach

Archived