Football Performance Center

RunInRed

The fact that this is backwards is bothering me way more than it probably should. 

Am I just crazy or wouldn't this read better as EVER TO CONQUER|NEVER TO YIELD

Screenshot_20210108-101903_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

so what happens with the old athletic building, outside practice fields and the tennis courts???

All I know is that the tennis courts will be moved off-campus, & the current indoor practice facility will be used by our soccer & track/field teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Not gonna lie, this one threw me for a loop. Initially, I was a little uncomfortable with whatever that cyborg couple was supposed to be doing. Still not real sure what "looking up into spaghetti" person is doing. I guess it's all a big selfie station? I prefer to think it's a non-traditional carb loading area.

But seriously, pretty awesome to see this thing coming to fruition.

auselfi.jpeg

I was wondering that too.....maybe they are rolls of toilet paper they are looking up at. Like at Toomers corner. 

Glad to see this taking off. The one good thing about being late to the party on this is that we will now have the nicest one!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

I was wondering that too.....maybe they are rolls of toilet paper they are looking up at. Like at Toomers corner. 

That's what I thought it was

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I love the flight simulator and recording studios.  

T-Will confirmed to be staying at AU?  Also the flight simulator makes sense as we seem to be getting more players that major in Pro Flight

8 hours ago, cptau said:

Seems like they just built new football facilities

Auburn has never had a football facility.  They have a nice locker room, a newish weight room, and some nice things at JHS. But no football facility.  The football team has to share their facility with all other sports.  One of the few in the SEC without one. 

Bama, LSU, UGA, UT all kill us with facilities.  This is why Gus gave several million of his own money to the project. He understood the importance and I am sure Harsin does too.  Harsin complained to Boise St. in a very public way about their dedication to win.  It's one reason he moved on.  Kellen Moore (Boise's great QB) turned down the job the other day because he doesn't think Boise is committed enough.

So, yes, it makes a HUGE difference to coaches.  They know they can't win without stuff like this.  Go check out Oregon and Clemson's facilities on Youtube.  Look at what LSU has been doing.  Look at Bama's facilities.  Yeah, AU is behind.

31 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

so what happens with the old athletic building, outside practice fields and the tennis courts???

Repurposed for other athletic teams.  Everyone else gets football hand-me-downs

33 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

The fact that this is backwards is bothering me way more than it probably should. 

Am I just crazy or wouldn't this read better as EVER TO CONQUER|NEVER TO YIELD

Screenshot_20210108-101903_Chrome.jpg

Ummmm.... this is going to drive me crazy now even though I'm sure it wasn't an intentional choice and it's probably just an honest mistake by whichever person was tasked with creating this graphic. 

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

See. Y’all see TP, I see food. Guess that shows where my head is

They're pragmatic and forward thinking. You see food... they predict TP.

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Agreed the outside continued with the same old aesthetic.

Yep. I understand wanting to keep a fairly consistent aesthetic across campus, but to me that should mainly be the academic buildings. Something like this needs to stand out more. In my opinion, they should have gone for a similar style on the outside as they did with the locker room. Admittedly, it's tough to pull something like that off that will not look dated too soon, but as @bigbirdmentioned, it already looks dated.

Edited by Leftfield

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

To me, the outside looks like a 70's elementary school.

Looks like the current Athletics HQ. lol

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Looks like the current Athletics HQ. lol

Such a ringing endorsement 😂

Excellent design. Curious if any thought has been given to converting the current indoor practice facility to a top flight indoor track. Auburn is long overdue for such a facility and this is an opportune time. WDE

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BNATiger88 said:

Excellent design. Curious if any thought has been given to converting the current indoor practice facility to a top flight indoor track. Auburn is long overdue for such a facility and this is an opportune time. WDE

Good idea. Hosting events would be a great revenue stream

I'm happy it's finally rolling. The outside could be a little more appealing compared to some of our competitors. 

From the model it doesn't look much different than building the campus already has. 

See Clemson's entrance for comparison.

Clunky exterior; the parapet and canopies bother me.  Hope this is still in development.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ummmm.... this is going to drive me crazy now even though I'm sure it wasn't an intentional choice and it's probably just an honest mistake by whichever person was tasked with creating this graphic. 

but what if you enter that hall and walk toward the "camera"?

LOL

It should be on top of each other in order... 

Ever to Conquer

Never to Yield 

57 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Repurposed for other athletic teams.  Everyone else gets football hand-me-downs

It goes with ‘not bringing in the revenue’ if you’re attempting to be critical.

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Clunky exterior; the parapet and canopies bother me.  Hope this is still in development.

Same group who designed the big screen, no?

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

but what if you enter that hall and walk toward the "camera"?

LOL

It should be on top of each other in order... 

Ever to Conquer

Never to Yield 

I guess I'll just wait and see the final product. And by "see" I mean look at pictures because I'm pretty sure I'll never step foot in that building. Anyway, until then I'll just be glad they transposed the entire phrases instead of just "yield" and "conquer"...

• Like 1