2021 4* RB Cody Brown (2/17: Released By Vols)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s definitely spooky. Doesn’t matter how good their virtual recruiting is, something ain’t right

They have the #3 class in the country and UNC has the #2 in the country. Pruitt and Brown are spending a lot during these uncertain times.

Meanwhile we're at #45.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the same way they recruited from the mid 90s- early 2000s. Keep in few elite in state talent in Knoxville, then raid metro-Atlanta and try to go head to head with in- state programs for out of state talent like Brooks. Pruitt ain’t playing no games. A good recruiting Tennessee is not good for Auburn.

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So they now have 4 RB’s in one class....ok

Exactly, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

This is the same way they recruited from the mid 90s- early 2000s. Keep in few elite in state talent in Knoxville, then raid metro-Atlanta and try to go head to head with in- state programs for out of state talent like Brooks. Pruitt ain’t playing no games. A good recruiting Tennessee is not good for Auburn.

Spending big man. They lost to freaking Georgia State. Meanwhile we're told what's holding us back in recruiting is not winning more...

THEY HAVEN'T BEAT BAMA IN 14 YEARS.

Their recruits weren't even in Kindergarten yet.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Exactly, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Spending big man. They lost to freaking Georgia State. Meanwhile we're told what's holding us back in recruiting is not winning more...

THEY HAVEN'T BEAT BAMA IN 14 YEARS.

Their recruits weren't even in Kindergarten yet.

You’re not wrong at at all. Whatever they’ve got going on, is working. On the flip side we are as stale as a bag of Golden Flake from the Tubberville era.

So can active roster players go and recruit high school kids? I.E. I am a player for university X and live in Y where a the coaches like high school player Z. Can the coaches tell me to go find this kid and work out with him and stuff like that since this CV-19 thing is going on, who is gonna know. Cause in that Pruitt article he kinda eludes to that what his players are doing.

45 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

A good recruiting Tennessee is not good for Auburn

Actually it can be. Them, UGA, and Florida all being in the same division means they all three usually can’t be good at the same time so at least one team will take a hit and the staff will eventually go. Also as good as Tennessee is recruiting right now they still have to perform on the field or Pruitt will be in hot water.

47 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So they now have 4 RB’s in one class....ok

Just means history says likely two will not stick.

44 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Meanwhile we're told what's holding us back in recruiting is not winning more

Not sure where you got that but that’s not correct. Been said many times teams can recruit well with mediocre records. I’ve said it myself more times than I can count.

Melt all you guys want about how Tennessee is doing right now. I’d be willing to bet quite a bit that when things open back up they’ll have a hard time holding onto most of their bigger recruits especially if they don’t break through and win at least nine games this year because Pruitt will be in hot water.

40 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So can active roster players go and recruit high school kids? I.E. I am a player for university X and live in Y where a the coaches like high school player Z. Can the coaches tell me to go find this kid and work out with him and stuff like that since this CV-19 thing is going on, who is gonna know. Cause in that Pruitt article he kinda eludes to that what his players are doing.

No they can’t unless they have a pre-existing relationship already with the recruit. And also people will know because a lot of people have not been abiding by the stay at home orders anyway. So it would be seen.

Also the staff wasn’t balls to the walls after brown after all. The staff split on whether they wanted him or not per Keith.

Guys it’s the middle of a pandemic and summer hasn’t even started yet. Alabama is ranked #54 by 247 in terms of recruiting. Arkansas is ranked #51. Iowa is in the top ten. Quit being victims of the moment. Time always prevails. 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Guys it’s the middle of a pandemic and summer hasn’t even started yet. Alabama is ranked #54 by 247 in terms of recruiting. Arkansas is ranked #51. Iowa is in the top ten. Quit being victims of the moment. Time always prevails. 

51 is about right for Arkansas. They are the bomb....not in a good way.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not sure where you got that but that’s not correct. Been said many times teams can recruit well with mediocre records. I’ve said it myself more times than I can count.

Not you E but that's been the go-to line for some when it's discussed how we don't seem to break through the top 5-3 range.

Personally, I think our facilities are still decently behind our competitors as well.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Not you E but that's been the go-to line for some when it's discussed how we don't seem to break through the top 5-3 range.

Personally, I think our facilities are still decently behind our competitors as well.

It sounds like they want to go all in on the facilities, I just think from a width stand point, they're severely limited. Hell even if they cleared every from the colosseum out to intramural parks...they might just be close to Clemson's width. And there's really only so much up they can do. It's going to be really interesting to see how they figure that one out.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It sounds like they want to go all in on the facilities, I just think from a width stand point, they're severely limited. Hell even if they cleared every from the colosseum out to intramural parks...they might just be close to Clemson's width. And there's really only so much up they can do. It's going to be really interesting to see how they figure that one out.

Not sure what kind of width you are looking for or talking about. The football only facilities probably going at the old track. The rest of the planned work is basically just upgrading the facilities we already have.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also the staff wasn’t balls to the walls after brown after all. The staff split on whether they wanted him or not per Keith.

That's interesting. Do you have any more insight you can share?

Just curious, I've followed Brown's career a bit since I went to Parkview way back when, and was hoping we'd end up with him.

We've got Goodwin committed. Unless the staff knows something we don't know about returnees, we are in good shape at RB with only one new signee. Original guesses were that one would be the number this year. I still don't like Tennessee, but I suppose we're better off with a guy like this going there than we would be if he went to Georgia.

1 hour ago, Tiger1992 said:

Do you have any more insight you can share?

Nope. What I posted is all Keith said on the matter.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

we are in good shape at RB with only one new signee

The staff still plans to take two for what it’s worth. They were just split on Brown.

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Original guesses were that one would be the number this year

Not from anyone connected to Auburn or auburn recruiting reporters. Any early guesses would’ve just been found speculation.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not from anyone connected to Auburn or auburn recruiting reporters. Any early guesses would’ve just been found speculation.

I could have sworn I saw that one was the number, right here on this message board. Oh well, it's not important enough to spend an hour running it down. It's a beautiful day outside and I'm going to try to squeeze a little project in before my 11:30 dentist appointment. Glad our Governor has let things open up a bit. My dental hygienist is very happy! Let's have 87,214 on hand for 2020 opening day at JHS!

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah just might have to go up instead of out (if that makes sense). My concern is the funding for the Football Only Facility is less than half of what Clemson spent on theirs. If the locker room renovation was any indication we'll likely be underwhelmed. Just seems like we start a lot of good things but don't execute to the highest level. 

The Herebert Family Recruiting Center is an okay addition. It's hard to find too many pictures of this online but the exterior makes the stadium look nicer for sure. However, moving the media to the corner has miffed pretty much every writer I've seen. Makes sense the money seats are in the middle though.

We still haven't done anything to make the back of the jumbotron not look like an incomplete project.

The exterior of Jordan Hare needs something done and especially the side where opposing teams enter.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

However, moving the media to the corner has miffed pretty much every writer I've seen.

And Auburn fans will go on blaming the REC for unfair media coverage and all our other problems. 

Archived