LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Someone find a post where I say T.J. is going to win the job when he gets here.  This guy has said he won't win 100%

22 hours ago, DAG said:

I said I believe he can be a starter from day 1 .

?

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

?

I believe he can be a starter. That is not the same thing as HE WILL BE A STARTER. 

I believe the phoenix suns can win a championship! That does not mean I am guaranteeing they will win the championship.

I believe Coach Harsin can win us multiple national championships. That is not the same statement as Coach Harsin will win us multiple national championships.

Bro you are just a liar. Period. I am done engaging with you. I love this forum, but I am not wasting my time with your trolling. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro you are just a liar. Period. I am done engaging with you. I love this forum, but I am not wasting my time with your trolling. 

It's not trolling when I'm interpreting something you say differently than how you mean it.  I get it, you want to be able to have an out for your prediction.

He will not be our day 1 starter. Bo will win that job.  I say that with certainty.  Does it mean it'll happen?  No, but that's what I believe will happen.  I can be wrong, and that's OK

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Do I need to post mine and my wife's diplomas?

I suppose you can if you feel the need to, but I wasn't referring to you.  I was just commenting on why it is easy to troll us,  not who is doing the trolling.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I suppose you can if you feel the need to, but I wasn't referring to you.  I was just commenting on why it is easy to troll us,  not who is doing the trolling.  

In my short 5 months on this forum I don't think I've seen any trolls.  Maybe the Dayne Shor account.

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's not trolling when I'm interpreting something you say differently than how you mean it.  I get it, you want to be able to have an out for your prediction.

He will not be our day 1 starter. Bo will win that job.  I say that with certainty.  Does it mean it'll happen?  No, but that's what I believe will happen.  I can be wrong, and that's OK

Remind me not to buy any Cliff notes you wrote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I have no idea which thread it was argued in, that LSU's offense was bad and Ensminger w/out Brady was just as bad as Gus.

Last year their offense was ranked 35th.  Ours 75th.  So a full magnitude better.  

Passing

220 yds per game for Auburn

312 ypg for LSU. 

One small point:  TJ  got benched vs Auburn  and I am not sure how much he played off and on during the season.   I know LSU seemed to get things rolling later in the season and I have no idea who was the trigger puller then.  Not sure if TJ contributed a lot to those 312 ypg.   I think TJ only passed for like 900 yds for the year.   I posted that earlier. 

TJ's stats worry me a bit:  his TD to INT ratio was 1:1   

I love his confidence and upside of course.   I hope he is patient enough to learn (if he comes to Auburn).  And Auburn needs some depth.

29 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I love his confidence and upside of course.   I hope he is patient enough to learn (if he comes to Auburn).  And Auburn needs some depth.

Yup, this is what I want and hope for.  Legit depth at positions, especially QB

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah but what does google say

Do you want me to find 5 clips of Bo making good passes? 

5 passes tell the entire story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

most popular player is always the back up QB

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

most popular player is always the back up QB

Very true, in this case not even on our team right now.  Ha

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah post those clips. I want to see them

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

In my short 5 months on this forum I don't think I've seen any trolls.  Maybe the Dayne Shor account.

There's a saying that has to do with every family has a black sheep and if you don't know who it is, it's probably you. Most lengthy threads have a troll so...🤔

No bone to pick with you, I tend to read more than I post on here anymore. I just think when you have more than one poster calling out your posts there might be something to it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gr82be said:

There's a saying that has to do with every family has a black sheep and if you don't know who it is, it's probably you. Most lengthy threads have a troll so...🤔

No bone to pick with you, I tend to read more than I post on here anymore. I just think when you have more than one poster calling out your posts there might be something to it. 

@fredst

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
46 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Expand  

@fredst

I admit it. I’m the troll

DDF56146-473A-45C3-8462-85CBEA1B0F9E.gif

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, toddc said:

He also runs the ball more than people think and he’s been known to use one rb to do most of the work. He’s had several thousand yard rushers as well. Don’t be surprised to see Tank put up lots of yards but also a high carry total.

The one difference I see in Harsin's offense w/ the running back vs Gus' use of the rb, is that Harsin may give his go to RB a lot of touches, but some of them in games are screens and swing passes to the RB, where he is not getting pounded by DTs and MLBs. Gus would pound the main RB and leave him in there even until the end.

There's a difference to me when a RB gets 25 touches but 18 are runs and 7 are passes, while GUs is giving his RB 25 touches bt the tackles...

And looking at Harsin's game stats, he may use 3 or 4 rbs, while Gus might use 2, and no more than 3. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

The one difference I see in Harsin's offense w/ the running back vs Gus' use of the rb, is that Harsin may give his go to RB a lot of touches, but some of them in games are screens and swing passes to the RB, where he is not getting pounded by DTs and MLBs. Gus would pound the main RB and leave him in there even until the end.

There's a difference to me when a RB gets 25 touches but 18 are runs and 7 are passes, while GUs is giving his RB 25 touches bt the tackles...

And looking at Harsin's game stats, he may use 3 or 4 rbs, while Gus might use 2, and no more than 3. 

In all but one season during his tenure, Boise State’s leading rusher had more than twice as many carries as its second-leading rusher. Three times under Harsin, Boise State had a running back top 300 carries in a season.

• Like 1

Birmingham radio (WJOX) is saying bama has offered and "could" become a serious threat to gain his signature.

• Angry 1

So let's say TJ decides not to come here for whatever reason. I'd assume the staff will pivot to another quarterback in the portal? I feel like they seem pretty determined to bring in another guy, regardless of the debated reasons we have been having on here. I suppose the only question would be if they originally weren't planning on bringing in a guy, but then TJ entered the portal and they decided he was too good to pass up. What do you guys think?

31 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

16 minutes ago, toddc said:

In all but one season during his tenure, Boise State’s leading rusher had more than twice as many carries as its second-leading rusher. Three times under Harsin, Boise State had a running back top 300 carries in a season.

Yeah, Harsin definitely has leaned on RB1 quite a bit. Even more than Gus. Tank will eat. But that might be at least somewhat a function of him not typically having more than one really great RB at Boise and them not playing against 260 lb LBs and 345 DLs that all run sub-5.0 40s. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

So let's say TJ decides not to come here for whatever reason. I'd assume the staff will pivot to another quarterback in the portal? I feel like they seem pretty determined to bring in another guy, regardless of the debated reasons we have been having on here. I suppose the only question would be if they originally weren't planning on bringing in a guy, but then TJ entered the portal and they decided he was too good to pass up. What do you guys think?

Yes.