You guys and your crazy Trump worship

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

How's that any worse than letting fewer like minds who live in less densely populated areas control all?

Since when did that happen?  Last time I checked, there was a Buffon in office that had a D by his name.   And the house and senate were controlled by the same 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Since when did that happen?  Last time I checked, there was a Buffon in office that had a D by his name.   And the house and senate were controlled by the same 

Yeah, gotta watch out for them buffons.

And did I say it happened in the last election?

Edited by homersapien

19 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Retarded.   It’s not how it works.   And you think 1 million people in NYC deserve the honor of telling everyone else in the USA how the country will run?   That’s absolutely retarded.  You must up in NYC smokin the weed.  

You conjure up a straw man and then call it retarded. :laugh:  Well, I suppose you should know. 

But you apparently can't respond to posts as stated, so you make up s***. So perhaps you are the one mentally deficient.

Finally who the hell are you to arbitrarily decide that citizens who live in cities should have their votes devalued compared to people who don't live in cities. Citizenship should be citizenship regardless of where you live.

Edited by homersapien

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

You conjure up a straw man and then call it retarded. :laugh:  Well, I suppose you should know. 

But you apparently can't respond to posts as stated, so you make up s***. So perhaps you are the one mentally deficient.

I quoted your post.   What am I making up?   We have an election process that worked out for YOUR party.  What am I missing?   If it didn’t work, this wouldn’t have happened.   How is that difficult to understand.   Yet some want to change it so the Republican Party or whatever party will never win.   I call BS on this.   The process is perfectly fine but some see a need to change.   Sort of like adding more Supreme Court justices.   It doesn’t fit their narrative so let’s change it.    

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I quoted your post.   What am I making up?   We have an election process that worked out for YOUR party.  What am I missing?   If it didn’t work, this wouldn’t have happened.   How is that difficult to understand.   Yet some want to change it so the Republican Party or whatever party will never win.   I call BS on this.   The process is perfectly fine but some see a need to change.   Sort of like adding more Supreme Court justices.   It doesn’t fit their narrative so let’s change it.    

You left out the post I was referring to, thus losing all context.  Then you applied a bizarre interpretation to it as a stand alone post.

And no, I don't want to change it so " the Republican Party or whatever party will never win".  That's another bizarre interpretation.

I want to change it so that the party who actually gets the most votes wins. Our system is set up to allow minority rule, which is not democratic.

Our system also allowed for an unpopular president (a minority president) to appoint three judges while the previous (majority) president was denied a nomination he had a constitutional right and duty to do.  All on the basis of a procedure controlled by that minority party. 

That's problematic.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

From the FB wall of an RN, a Career Medical Professional that works most of the time in the ER.

2021 Emmys, not a mask in sight. Really think this is about your safety?

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

How's that any worse than letting fewer like minds who live in less densely populated areas control all?

I suppose you could look at like that when results are like 2016. Are you advocating abolishing the electorate?

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I suppose you could look at like that when results are like 2016. Are you advocating abolishing the electorate?

Not just 2016:

2016. Donald Trump lost the popular vote by over 2.8 million and only won 46% of the vote - won the electoral by 56%

2020. Joe Biden won the popular vote by over 7 million which was 51%- Won the electoral by.... still 56% 

A 5% popular vote swing is a large amount of voters that have practically no impact on the electoral college outcome. 

Maybe not abolish the electoral college completely, but Yes, it does need to be reformed. 

It was a messy, stupid solution to a problem when it was originally designed and created, and it's an even worse one now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

If wanting vast popular support to have it's fair share of governance means the Repubs will never win an election again then that says a lot more about Republicans than it does anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:32 AM, SaltyTiger said:

Presumably you mean the electoral college not simply the "electorate"?

If so, yes.

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

From the FB wall of an RN, a Career Medical Professional that works most of the time in the ER.

2021 Emmys, not a mask in sight. Really think this is about your safety?

Initially it was about safety.  Now, it seems that it is more about *do as I say, not as I do*.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Not just 2016:

2016. Donald Trump lost the popular vote by over 2.8 million and only won 46% of the vote - won the electoral by 56%

2020. Joe Biden won the popular vote by over 7 million which was 51%- Won the electoral by.... still 56% 

A 5% popular vote swing is a large amount of voters that have practically no impact on the electoral college outcome. 

Maybe not abolish the electoral college completely, but Yes, it does need to be reformed. 

It was a messy, stupid solution to a problem when it was originally designed and created, and it's an even worse one now. 

Don't forget "W" in 2000. 

Republicans depend on our undemocratic electoral system to obtain and retain power.

And yes, it should be abolished.  We've become a mockery of democracy.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Republicans depend on our undemocratic electoral system to obtain and retain power.

You do know we are a constitutional republic right? Not a democracy.  The only reason you want to replace the electoral college system is that it does not always work for you. Can’t have that. If you lose, something has to be wrong, it can’t possibly be that you just flat lost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Trump haters could be considered a cult as well.  Like it or not, the extremes on either side are more 1 and 11 rather than 12 and 6.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/21/2021 at 7:29 AM, bigbird said:

Trump haters could be considered a cult as well.  Like it or not, the extremes on either side are more 1 and 11 rather than 12 and 6.

So hating a con man traitor who tried to hijack our Democracy is "extreme" in your view"?

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, homersapien said:

The only people who mock American democracy are Democrats such as yourself.  How ironic.

Millions of people flood our borders, fleeing their "democracies", to be a part of OUR democracy.

So far as abolishing the electoral college, once the Dems actually win the presidency by that
safety mechanism, then you will be adamant that it remains in place.  Again, how ironic.

God bless OUR America !

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

So hating a con man traitor who tried to hijack our Democracy is "extreme" in your view"?

I'm curious.  Exactly how did DJT try to "hijack" our democracy ?  And please make it something other than challenging the election results.  You guys challenge every presidential election won by Republicans.  

AND, exactly how is DJT a "traitor" ?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, aubaseball said:

Retarded.   It’s not how it works.   And you think 1 million people in NYC deserve the honor of telling everyone else in the USA how the country will run?   That’s absolutely retarded.  You must up in NYC smokin the weed.  

you mention weed like it is a bad thing.

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 6:29 AM, bigbird said:

i still dislike the bastard.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:06 PM, aubaseball said:

I guess the people who disagree with you think that some people are more important than others....

Edited by SaturdayGT
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 6:06 PM, aubaseball said:

I guess the people who disagree with you that some people are more important than others....

NEVER LIKED TRUMP. NOT ONE ******* DAY.

I never watched his show ON ABC. I never watched his interviews on ALL THE MORNING SHOWS. 

GMA, Morning Joe (practically gave him a rim job at times, I have watched clips of Joe and others kissing his ass.), The View

12 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I guess the people who disagree with you that some people are more important than others....

Care to explain that sentence fragment?  :dunno:

Edited by homersapien

On 9/20/2021 at 8:42 AM, aubaseball said:

What BS this is.

This is not about any given election, it's about our system, which is undemocratic. It's worked to elect the minority party in three modern elections. 

And it's continuing to work keeping congress a minority institution with some members having much less representation than others.

As far as the partisanship, what goes around comes around.  You'll  be singing a different tune when it does.

Edited by homersapien