WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Well yea....that would be the norm. I would also think CBH would have waited to fire a position coach until the offseason if it was not scandal or conduct related, but that was not the case either as you know lol.

I doubt Harsin fired a position coach, midseason, without a good reason.  Whenever midseason firings happen, it is usually because whoever is doing the firing has become convinced that allowing whoever is being fired to continue working is detrimental to the program, and that an immediate replacement is the better choice.  We have no idea what the real cause was, and will probably never have the full story, as neither party benefits from giving us the full story.

It makes more sense for me to believe that Harsin fired Williams for a good reason, rather than any of the alternatives I have heard thus far.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

It makes more sense for me to believe that Harsin fired Williams for a good reason, rather than any of the alternatives I have heard thus far.

How dare you question all the experts here:drippingsarcasm7pa:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I have been saying the same thing. There has to be a good reason that CBH, knowing the impacts full well, pulled the trigger now instead of waiting. I expect we never have any more information than we do right now so speculating and concocting Conspiracies will be on full blast.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I plan to give OUR coach and OUR program the benefit of the doubt.    Employee terminations are never easy.   First, it is hurtful for the employee and the employee's family.   Second, it almost always causes some level of disruption for the organization.  Third, it forces a difficult conversation.  I could go on and on.  Most all leaders who make these difficult decisions recognize these realities and thus come to such decisions with deliberate pause.   More often than not, leaders are too slow to rip off the bandaid.   I have seen nothing in his entire body of work to suggest that OUR HC is a hothead, is uncaring, is a bad person etc.  Thus, I suspect, but do not know for certain, that he came to this decision only after clear discussions with Coach Williams about his expectations and how to meet them, and Coach Williams' failure to meet those expectations.   I encourage everyone who loves Auburn to give the same benefit of the doubt until there is clear EVIDENCE that the presumption is unwarranted.

What in the absolute hell took you so long to get here?  Please post often....

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 4

This didn’t happen out of nowhere. CBH has been talking about the receiver situation since spring ball and the problems there. Seems like he might have waited longer than he should have to take action to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

25 pages....don't think I can get through all the new stuff.

Hopefully this was covered:  Coach Corn was the local hire and I suspect mostly for recruiting.   Harsin hired his old OC when the OC did not get hired at Boise to replace him as the HC.   Gives Harsin a lot of flexibility and another trusted person on staff to help analyze things.   I heard on a podcast this morning this Eric K  guy coached WRs and Deshaun Jackson.   True?  I have no idea, but that guy was talented and got drafted and became an All Pro.  

Harsin built in some redundancy in his staff and had the sack to upgrade when it appeared we were not improving over the past 6 months.     Think about it - 6 months!   That's a long time to have a small group of guys and they still can't line up right and execute inside Jordan Hare.  Shame on Harsin if he had not made a change and continued down that road while having another trusted coach on staff who could do the job (maybe better, maybe not). 

If we upset LSU and win a few more SEC games,  everyone will be just fine.   Lots of football to be played. 

The dude is smart. 

https: //youtu.be/QyziQqp2lMI

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

tbqh, I'd be fine if the OC was fired.  I don't think he was that great of a hire to begin with and I haven't been impressed by his offense in a while.  Fire Friend too.  He was brought in to recruit b/c that's his calling card vs coaching and he's been trash 

Friend has us in the best OL recruiting shape in the past decade. At least 5 true OTs are actually considering Auburn this year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I have been saying the same thing. There has to be a good reason that CBH, knowing the impacts full well, pulled the trigger now instead of waiting. I expect we never have any more information than we do right now so speculating and concocting Conspiracies will be on full blast.

Makes no sense to me to wait, if he has already made up his mind that he was going to go. Doesn’t help the fired individual for it to happen in December rather than now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

For those without Twitter. AU Goldmine Tweet - 

"Bryan Harsin said there's been some plays in which Auburn has had only 10 players on the field." 

On special teams. Boy you have really introduced yourself well

Watch the game winning drive last week and see how many times we had to run on a WR after we were set. I think it happened twice in a row! And that was the game winning drive. 
We almost did not get the play off a few times because the ref had to stand back over the ball. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 2

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Watch the game winning drive last week and see how many times we had to run on a WR after we were set. I think it happened twice in a row! And that was the game winning drive. 

It was once but if you really want to see it a bunch watch the secondary during the psu game

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

On special teams. Boy you have really introduced yourself well

They did clarify it an hour and a half later I see. 

TJ did wave Newton on with seconds to spare on the last drive. 

28 freakin' pages because we fired a coach who was frankly, a no-name young guy, and who is also going to take home $600k for sitting around for a year (How many of you who are all worked up feeling sorry for him have ever sniffed that in annual salary?), AND we replaced him at WR coach with the same guy who was Desean Jackson's college coach. And that's going to somehow be a negative on the recruiting trail? This thread is a bigger negative than the move we just made. Give it a rest. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, God Cam It said:

They did clarify it an hour and a half later I see. 

TJ did wave Newton on with seconds to spare on the last drive. 

I agree with that

45 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

Friend has us in the best OL recruiting shape in the past decade. At least 5 true OTs are actually considering Auburn this year. 

You're having s tallest midget contest comparing Gus's OL recruiting vs what we have going in now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're having s tallest midget contest comparing Gus's OL recruiting vs what we have going in now 

Lol nothing is a bigger stretch than the he coached desean Jackson in college thing. Has anybody watched him play? You know why he's good? He's fast. He's so fast that he got old and is still one of the fastest in the NFL. He's a deep threat. He's no technician. Anybody could've coached him.

Ok Desean run straight! Actually if I was a coach that's how I would pick my job. See a future Calvin Jackson.....oh yeah that's head coach written all over it 😂

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Point Harsin 

Lol so that's not the special team coach fault it's the wr? Well what about the punt block that saved the game? Is that on the wr coach?

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol so that's not the special team coach fault it's the wr? Well what about the punt block that saved the game? Is that on the wr coach?

So was it special teams and offense???

ST seems like it would be on them vs the position coach.