Harsin: Firing Williams couldn't wait

WFE12

12 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

False start #1 -> 1st Qtr AU's 3rd possession < 5:00 1st & goal GSU 6. False start (can't find a name). Result: FG

False start #2 -> 2nd Qtr AU's 2nd possession < 7:00 1st & 10 GSU 46. SJ false start penalty. Result: FG

After the 2nd one, my son and I both looked at one another and asked, "Is that the 2nd false start on a WR?". Others here have pointed out the instances of late entry while Finley was in the game. Others have mentioned only 10 eligible players due to WR misalignment? If fans watching on TV are noticing this stuff, I don't what else to say.

I don't want to speak for @cole256 and I'm not sure I agree with him entirely on this topic, but I think he's saying there were nothing but mistakes and poor play across the board against GA ST. Two false starts by the WRs sucks, but it's not exactly the craziest thing I've ever seen in a football game. I don't think it stands out as the obvious issue in that game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

False start #1 -> 1st Qtr AU's 3rd possession < 5:00 1st & goal GSU 6. False start (can't find a name). Result: FG

False start #2 -> 2nd Qtr AU's 2nd possession < 7:00 1st & 10 GSU 46. SJ false start penalty. Result: FG

After the 2nd one, my son and I both looked at one another and asked, "Is that the 2nd false start on a WR?". Others here have pointed out the instances of late entry while Finley was in the game. Others have mentioned only 10 eligible players due to WR misalignment? If fans watching on TV are noticing this stuff, I don't what else to say.

Yeah everybody keep talking about that one but the "many others" nobody can find. The ten men stuff as well. I guess I'll watch the game again and see if I can find them

1 hour ago, cbo said:

I don't want to speak for @cole256 and I'm not sure I agree with him entirely on this topic, but I think he's saying there were nothing but mistakes and poor play across the board against GA ST. Two false starts by the WRs sucks, but it's not exactly the craziest thing I've ever seen in a football game. I don't think it stands out as the obvious issue in that game. 

Thank you but I feel like the people that are doing it know exactly what they are doing. They are searching for a slightest mistake to pretend it's justification. This is hilarious, sit back and watch how far people will go to try to make a point. Also watch the same people make excuse after excuse for the things they want.

I'm sure you've already seen dismissing the o line mistakes and the defense. And of course I know you seen the excuses for the QB play

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Thank you but I feel like the people that are doing it know exactly what they are doing. They are searching for a slightest mistake to pretend it's justification. This is hilarious, sit back and watch how far people will go to try to make a point. Also watch the same people make excuse after excuse for the things they want.

I'm sure you've already seen dismissing the o line mistakes and the defense. And of course I know you seen the excuses for the QB play

I'm curious. What do you think has been the worst position group thus far in the season?

The DBs have been the most disappointing to me, but I had high expectations for that group. And I understand the factors out of their control. So I can't say they've been the worst, necessarily. 

• Like 1

I think Harsin explained hisself well. He has felt all year the WR group was not living up to the potential he wanted. A lot of it was receivers not being on the field when they should and not lining up they way they should. I think the fact he was sitting with a WR coach ( that he was confortable with) sitting as an off-field coach he decide to move now.  It’s his call and so we should give him that respect. If it doesn’t work then he will pay by a price if it dies then AU benefits.  I’m sure the other coach will rebound and he was paid well for his time.All coaches in D1 football know these things come with the job but so does the big paychecks. 🤔

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cbo said:

I'm curious. What do you think has been the worst position group thus far in the season?

The DBs have been the most disappointing to me, but I had high expectations for that group. And I understand the factors out of their control. So I can't say they've been the worst, necessarily. 

The OL by a lot. But then most of us expected that. OLs are probably the hardest position to train for. You won’t find many Fr or Soph OLs that are really elite. That’s because they have to physically and mentally grow into those positions . I think we have a coach that can get them there but we have to be patient . 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

He’ll be taking over a wide receiver position that has struggled to produce big plays and has combined for six touchdown receptions in four games. In Saturday’s 34-24 comeback win over Georgia State, only two of the seven wideouts that played had a PFF offensive grade above 60.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/harsin-on-kiesau-a-very-good-teacher-

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He’ll be taking over a wide receiver position that has struggled to produce big plays and has combined for six touchdown receptions in four games. In Saturday’s 34-24 comeback win over Georgia State, only two of the seven wideouts that played had a PFF offensive grade above 60.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/harsin-on-kiesau-a-very-good-teacher-

Lol at struggled to produce big plays

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol at struggled to produce big plays

He’ll be taking over a wide receiver position that has struggled to catch balls thrown nowhere near them. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cbo said:

He’ll be taking over a wide receiver position that has struggled to catch balls thrown nowhere near them. 

Last week someone posted an obscure statistic here that I've never seen before but...... Bo Nix had thrown the highest % of catchable passes in the entire country.  It's somewhere in this football forum, but I don't recall exactly which thread.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Last week someone posted an obscure statistic here that I've never seen before but...... Bo Nix had thrown the highest % of catchable passes in the entire country.  It's somewhere in this football forum, but I don't recall exactly which thread.

Mikey, I like you, but I don't believe that stat is accurate for one second. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cbo said:

From expectations the defensive backs. Actual play defensive line. Then QB then o line then wr

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@cbo have you seen anybody reference any of the mistakes besides the one we all saw? When I say reference I mean have you seen  anybody time stamp of video still any of these many many mistakes? 

And the line up wrong stuff and run wrong routes stuff? Because if there haven't been these things how would people even know the routes were wrong or they were lined up wrong.

I think it's border line pathetic that people are saying stuff and doubling down and they don't even know what's true or not

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@cbo have you seen anybody reference any of the mistakes besides the one we all saw? When I say reference I mean have you seen  anybody time stamp of video still any of these many many mistakes? 

And the line up wrong stuff and run wrong routes stuff? Because if there haven't been these things how would people even know the routes were wrong or they were lined up wrong.

I think it's border line pathetic that people are saying stuff and doubling down and they don't even know what's true or not

No, I haven't seen any evidence of WR mistakes besides that one. Nothing about lining up wrong or running the wrong routes. 

And, look, I'm not an expert. I could have missed mistakes by the WRs. But why do some act like that when they don't know either? I know that's your point, so why am I saying this. 

We have both acknowledged the WRs haven't been good. They've dropped some passes. They've also had plenty of balls sail over their heads. That's all anyone knows for sure. These things spiral out of control and become meaningless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

No, I haven't seen any evidence of WR mistakes besides that one. Nothing about lining up wrong or running the wrong routes. 

And, look, I'm not an expert. I could have missed mistakes by the WRs. But why do some act like that when they don't know either? I know that's your point, so why am I saying this. 

We have both acknowledged the WRs haven't been good. They've dropped some passes. They've also had plenty of balls sail over their heads. That's all anyone knows for sure. These things spiral out of control and become meaningless. 

Yes. On the other side though say Bo nix had a terrible day I was hit with the in this quarter he threw two long passes but they were at 60 degree angles and Bo is very accurate except at 60 degree. Then he had 2 screens and 3 drops which were in the 1st 2nd and 4 th quarters. If you look at the pie charts you will see that actually Bo is the most accurate QB to ever live and if you look at this line graph.....📉📊 😂😂

With this though it's well so and so said it so it must be true lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

That was me and I believe it was before the PSU game.

Probably gone way down hill since then

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

He’ll be taking over a wide receiver position that has struggled to produce big plays

How do you explain us consistently having WR open deep, but even ball to them, by both QBs is either wildly over or under thrown and many times way off target?

That's the WR fault??

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How do you explain us consistently having WR open deep, but even ball to them, by both QBs is either wildly over or under thrown and many times way off target?

That's the WR fault??

I posted the link.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yes. On the other side though say Bo nix had a terrible day I was hit with the in this quarter he threw two long passes but they were at 60 degree angles and Bo is very accurate except at 60 degree. Then he had 2 screens and 3 drops which were in the 1st 2nd and 4 th quarters. If you look at the pie charts you will see that actually Bo is the most accurate QB to ever live and if you look at this line graph.....📉📊 😂😂

With this though it's well so and so said it so it must be true lol

So why do you think the wide receiver coach was fired and no other coach? 

Why would coach Harsin, (Allen Greene’s hire) do such a thing?

Edited by AU-24

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

I posted the link.

Your link doesn't discuss anything wrt WR being open for big plays and never having the ball accurately thrown to them.

They'd have 2x the TDs if 50% of the balls deep were remotely catchable 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Your link doesn't discuss anything wrt WR being open for big plays and never having the ball accurately thrown to them.

They'd have 2x the TDs if 50% of the balls deep were remotely catchable 

The link was from rivals, it wasn’t mine. So you feel the O-coordinator, Bobo, who is also the quarterbacks coach should’ve been fired and not the WO coach? Are you upset at Harsin for firing the guy. 

Edited by AU-24

22 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The link was from rivals, it wasn’t mine. So you feel the O-coordinator, Bobo, who is also the quarterbacks coach should’ve been fired and not the WO coach? Are you upset at Harsin for firing the guy. 

Now you're just deflecting away from your original argument that "WRs aren't making big plays"

I'll answer your other questions once you attempt to rationalize with me how WRs are supposed to make big plays when like 1 of 20 deep balls have been catchable.