SEC Pods and Semifinal Play-In

RunInRed

Just keep bama and let the dawgs go to every other year. I'll trade that in a second to be able to play Fla and Tenn regularly. It's stupid and proves nothing to play the hardest schedule. Let bama and uga play each other during the regular season every year and again in the SEC championship like we have had to do. My guess is they'll balk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Just keep bama and let the dawgs go to every other year. I'll trade that in a second to be able to play Fla and Tenn regularly. It's stupid and proves nothing to play the hardest schedule. Let bama and uga play each other during the regular season every year and again in the SEC championship like we have had to do. My guess is they'll balk.

Dag gum right they  would balk in a heartbeat.  They want none of it.  They would prevent it. 

We should not say, "ok" to the bama and thuga  pairing "if we get vandy as a consolation".   That makes it easy for the conference because that sells to the TV folks!   

Why in the world do we want to help the TV folks?!?!?!?!  So they can trash Auburn with annual chatter about our coach being on the hotseat (regardless of who it is...)  as we play the #1 schedule in America like every third year....   Auburn has been carrying the water for the conference (had the most entertaining games) for 20 yrs....considering the Ironbowls from 2002 - 2008 ( chk me on that)  and the IB  drama, the 2010 season, the last four games of the 2013 season, then beating #1 in back to back games - never been done before (2017).   Oh and Auburn has beaten Saban more than any other program, ever.   Tons of TV drama - and all for what?  So we could help the conference get richer! 

It's payback time - give us bama or thuga and two others, but not both.  Time for things to be on a level playing field for a change.  

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Beaker said:

Dag gum right they  would balk in a heartbeat.  They want none of it.  They would prevent it. 

We should not say, "ok" to the bama and thuga  pairing "if we get vandy as a consolation".   That makes it easy for the conference because that sells to the TV folks!   

Why in the world do we want to help the TV folks?!?!?!?!  So they can trash Auburn with annual chatter about our coach being on the hotseat (regardless of who it is...)  as we play the #1 schedule in America like every third year....   Auburn has been carrying the water for the conference (had the most entertaining games) for 20 yrs....considering the Ironbowls from 2002 - 2008 ( chk me on that)  and the IB  drama, the 2010 season, the last four games of the 2013 season, then beating #1 in back to back games - never been done before (2017).   Oh and Auburn has beaten Saban more than any other program, ever.   Tons of TV drama - and all for what?  So we could help the conference get richer! 

It's payback time - give us bama or thuga and two others, but not both.  Time for things to be on a level playing field for a change.  

Here is my proposal for a 1+7.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not also rotate the permanent every 4 years after the cycles are complete on the 3/6-6 model? At least 2 of the 3. (Didn't think it through to see full analysis of it, just a thought)  Maybe use the final 2 permanent rivals to match the competitiveness.  Sort of like how the SEC and Big 12 tourney works in basketball.  So it's kind of a combo of the 2 models

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1