Would Washington Pursue Harsin?

woodford

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, and I’ve still got a case of bbq Vienna sausage and two industrial sized cans of easy cheese from the last party you threw. 

who the hell provided vienna sausage for munchies at a party? and who goes to parties with vienna sausages for ho derves?  lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The guy we fired beat him head to head with a true freshman Qb making his first start after Mario surrendered a 4th quarter lead. Not sure paying him $10 million a year would go over well with everyone. 😅

was mario not just starting out? i do not know i am asking. but he is a lights out recruiter and we would probably end up with the best o line in the country or at least top ten. with our running backs and a little help from the portal he could be lights out. but did we not turn him down once? for the record i am not through with harsin right now.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

was mario not just starting out? i do not know i am asking. but he is a lights out recruiter and we would probably end up with the best o line in the country or at least top ten. with our running backs and a little help from the portal he could be lights out. but did we not turn him down once? for the record i am not through with harsin right now.

Cristobal was my top pick to replace Gus. Excellent recruiter, from South Florida, Saban disciple, former lineman, etc. 

Ahhh I miss last December. Posting here everyday that I wanted Cristobal or Luke Fickell. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

2019 was his second season. When Taggert left for FSU, Cristobal was the OL coach and took over as interim for the bowl game in 2017 but was made the permanent head coach. His first full season was 2018.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I love me some Coach Dye. Legend for sure. But if he had been hired in todays message board /social media world, many would’ve questioned bringing in an East Carolina/Wyoming coach. 😅

Don't be shocked when I tell you that the take by AU fans on Coach Dye in that era was NOT unanimous. My AU grad father and some of his college buds hated UGA worse than uat. And Coach played at UGA, which meant they tolerated him at best.  As a youngster, I loved the hire, and it may be the only time in my life that I was right and he was wrong....😉

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

No, he wasn't just starting out. Cristoal is currently in his 11th year as a head coach. Overall record is 61-58. He's done better at Oregon, where he's 34-11. Obviously, before Oregon he had a losing record and had been fired at Florida International for a poor win/loss performance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

No, he wasn't just starting out. Cristoal is currently in his 11th year as a head coach. Overall record is 61-58. He's done better at Oregon, where he's 34-11. Obviously, before Oregon he had a losing record and had been fired at Florida International for a poor win/loss performance.

mikey have a happy thanksgiving if i do not see you!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Don't be shocked when I tell you that the take by AU fans on Coach Dye in that era was NOT unanimous. My AU grad father and some of his college buds hated UGA worse than uat. And Coach played at UGA, which meant they tolerated him at best.  As a youngster, I loved the hire, and it may be the only time in my life that I was right and he was wrong....😉

One of the early comments about Pat Dye from one of my Auburn/professor friends: "His background is obvious. He's a perfect combination of Alabama arrogance and Georgia gross". :)

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

One of the early comments about Pat Dye from one of my Auburn/professor friends: "His background is obvious. He's a perfect combination of Alabama arrogance and Georgia gross". :)

Yeah. And remember the famous article in the Birmingham Post Herald (or the News, it was a long time ago). ALL the expert recruiting analysts on this forum would have had a coronary after ' Country Boy Won't Survive Recruiting Like This ' . It was by Van Hoose , I believe. I miss those days. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

who the hell provided vienna sausage for munchies at a party? and who goes to parties with vienna sausages for ho derves?  lol

You gotta meet this @Hay Field 101 cat. Dude shows up pre-freaking-pared. He can make a bargain bin of “food products” from the local Doller Gentral into a veritable redneck charcuterie tray.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

Oh I remember that well. I also spent many days in the stands listening to others (and a lot of time myself) complaining how many more games and championships we would win If he passed more and wasn’t so conservative on offense. History changes our perspective on many things. That said, Coach Dye rebuilt AU and bringing the Iron Bowl to AU changed that rivalry forever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You gotta meet this @Hay Field 101 cat. Dude shows up pre-freaking-pared. He can make a bargain bin of “food products” from the local Doller Gentral into a veritable redneck charcuterie tray.

tell me he at least had potted meat and sardines..........and what the hell happened to you forehead? i got paper sacks if you need them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dye learned from the Bear on how to play the “recruiting” game.   My choice would have been Dooley after Shug.   Not sure how that got screwed up.  

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, aubaseball said:

I guess anything is a possibility.    Let me say that I was fine with hiring of Harsin.   I believed that an outsider was needed.   The problem I see is that everyone is not  a believer in the hire.   For Auburn to get to level of consistency that Georgia and Alabama are at, it’s going to take everyone to be fired up about the coach.  

It’s difficult to get fired up anymore about Harsin after the results of our last two games. May be he will show us he is a real coach in the last three games. That is my hope, but I am not overly optimistic.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Son, keep your nose to the grindstone and you’ll be able to afford to throw such parties yourself. 

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2021 at 11:38 AM, DAG said:

I doubt CBH even make their long list. Look for the likes of the BYU coach and Dave Aranda. 

Nah.  A quick Google search shows he is being discussed as a candidate by WU folks.  I don't know how serious of a candidate he is to the WU brass, but I would guess he is somewhere on their radar.

Chris Petersen (Harsin's coaching mentor) is helping with the search.  You know Petersen has Harsin somewhere on his board.  (Also, Petersen himself is a top target of LSU.  Petersen and LSU's AD have worked together before which has to make Petersen a major candidate).

That all said, I don't think he'd leave.  Why leave the SEC for the PAC-12 in 2021?  I would much prefer to be a coach at one of the big-6 SEC schools.

I could see Hars leaving for USCw, but I doubt he's a candidate there.

3 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Nah.  A quick Google search shows he is being discussed as a candidate by WU folks.  I don't know how serious of a candidate he is to the WU brass, but I would guess he is somewhere on their radar.

Chris Petersen (Harsin's coaching mentor) is helping with the search.  You know Petersen has Harsin somewhere on his board.  (Also, Petersen himself is a top target of LSU.  Petersen and LSU's AD have worked together before which has to make Petersen a major candidate).

That all said, I don't think he'd leave.  Why leave the SEC for the PAC-12 in 2021?  I would much prefer to be a coach at one of the big-6 SEC schools.

If Petersen went to LSU, I would think Harsin would stay in the SEC to be able to compete with him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AU-24 said:

LOL; and what Pac 12 coaching jobs was he offered?

Not sure if he has ever been offered any other jobs. I believe he is a principled person, so would not move so soon and without reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gravejd said:

You think a coach with a 64-17 record at Boise St wasn't getting interest from schools? I don't keep up with Pac12 coaching searches but your are pretty dumb if you think ADs did not reach out to him over the years. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Again name me one Pac 12 school that offered Harsin.

36 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

He isn’t a candidate for UW (IMO). Not a serious one, despite what Peterson thinks. The only reason why  I say this is based on the vibes I am getting from my frat brothers who are up there. No one is even discussing him for that matter. It’s really Dave Aranda, Matt Campbell and the BYU coach that is hitting the rumor mill. 

44 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Where? The top 3 I just looked up didn't have Harsin on the list at all? Also looking on the forums he isn't being mentioned.

Now that doesn't mean he isn't a candidate (I highly doubt it)  just haven't seen him on any list. 🤷 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1