Post game - Iron Bowl

AUBwins

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Not true. They let AU db’s play man to man like bammer does all the time with no pi calls. It was just close to even tonite and so many people think the refs favored us. 

Not sure about that Auburn DB’s almost always get flagged for ticky tac stuff. The actually got a pass tonight 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Why was the face mask flag in OT waved off? I was watching on mute at work, and it very clearly looked like the bama player had his hands on the side of Tank’s face mask. 

I don't know, but the announcers and Tesatore also said it it should have been facemask. Grabbing mask or ear hole for tackle = facemask. Then, they just dropped the topic because they love uat.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Why was the face mask flag in OT waved off? I was watching on mute at work, and it very clearly looked like the bama player had his hands on the side of Tank’s face mask. 

He never touched the facemask, but he had his finger in Tank's earhole for a looong time. Pretty sure that is illegal; a facemask penalty. 

No idea why it was waved off. It's one thing to miss it. Another thing to pick up the flag. 

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Not sure about that Auburn DB’s almost always get flagged for ticky tac stuff. The actually got a pass tonight 

That is my point. Bammer mugs us all the time and hardly ever get called. Tonite the refs for once let us play almost as physical as bammer and they didn’t call the ticky tacky stuff. They didn’t favor us they called it almost fair.

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

That is my point. Bammer mugs us all the time and hardly ever get called. Tonite the refs for once let us play almost as physical as bammer and they didn’t call the ticky tacky stuff. They didn’t favor us they called it almost fair.

Oh ok, got it

1 minute ago, cbo said:

He never touched the facemask, but he had his finger in Tank's earhole for a looong time. Pretty sure that is illegal; a facemask penalty. 

No idea why it was waved off. It's one thing to miss it. Another thing to pick up the flag. 

Cool. So just another play to add to the pointless tape to send off to Birmingham.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Everyone should just stop and consider one thing. If Bo doesn’t get hurt during the MSU game, we likely put a few more drives together and win that one. We certainly win at USCe and we likely win tonight. IYAM Harsin and his staff had a perpetually underdeveloped and undermanned team in a position to go 9-3 and knock off the #3 team in the country to close out the regular season with just one less injury.  Anyone angry should step back, take a breath and realize teams with injuries at major positions often fall off big time. Gus never once had usable backup qb his entire career here yet we suddenly expect a new coach that was literally given a team with ONE usable qb who got injured to already have everything worked out in the backup qb category even though they literally had to bring a transfer to even have a backup. Clemson shows how difficult it is to win with underperforming qbs. Bo will surely be back next year and has improved a ton since Gus left and with a new recruit coming in and either DD or a transfer hopefully in the mix we should be a different offense next year.  
Our first year coach was just one play away from knocking off a #3 team in the country with a hurt backup qb.   It was a big recruiting weekend also and we put on a heck of a show and showed plenty of cause for recruits to want to come play here. So go sleep it off. It’s gonna be alright. 

You can see the big picture as being positive and still be pissed about today too.

You only get one shot every year to beat those a**holes.  And we blew it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You can see the big picture as being positive and still be pissed about today too.

Out of reactions but bingo. This win would have made our year. It could have and should have been a narrative changer. Instead we blow another lead and waste a monumental performance.

And frankly, barring a transfer portal haul, I think we field a worse team next year with trips to Athens and Tuscaloosa on the docket. 

We needed this one tonight.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

For sure. Had them up against the ropes. Tough loss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It won’t. Never will. Ensuring a bama win ensures an SEC presence in the CFP. 

Not sure if you noticed in the first quarter a ref actually patted a bama player on top the helmet after a play.......second time this year as also happened in TAMU game.........and you are exactly right.........refs also spent alot of time explaining there calls to Nick.......surely he's not that dense..........many missed facemask calls.

• Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'd say it's like once every two years because they rarely win at Alabama. 

19 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Not sure if you noticed in the first quarter a ref actually patted a bama player on top the helmet after a play.......second time this year as also happened in TAMU game.........and you are exactly right.........refs also spent alot of time explaining there calls to Nick.......surely he's not that dense..........many missed facemask calls.

Stop complaining about the refs.  Bama was flagged 11 times for 129 yards today.  And the refs missed a couple of PIs that should have gone against us.

WE lost that game because of OUR mistakes late.  Nothing else.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Stop complaining about the refs.  Bama was flagged 11 times for 129 yards today.  And the refs missed a couple of PIs that should have gone against us.

They missed a couple of PIs that should have been called against bama also. Don’t let them control the narrative. It happens. 

10 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Mason lost this..again. Went prevent on that last drive when he hasn’t the ENTIRE game. Literally changed what worked the entire game & went prevent. He lost it

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... Mason calls a perfect game for 3 and a 1/2 quarters AND HE IS THE REASON WE LOST.  HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND MY DUDE.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

You keep digging a deeper hole for yourself, but carry on. I'm done. 

Mason called an amazing game for 3 and a 1/2 quarters what are you on about lmao

10 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

3 key plays in regulation that kept us from winning.

Late in the 3rd qtr or early in the 4th, we get the ball at our 45 and TJ throws that interception. We had a chance to put them away and instead they come away with a field goal. That's where the tide turned.

2. That phantom holding call on the 40 yard swing pass to Hunter. Another chance to put the game away taken away.

3. Tank not having the wherewithal to stay inbounds killed our chances.

That flop holding and the two missed intentinal groundings...

• Like 1

This place can be so miserable sometimes. It is what it is . Understand the disappointment . Do not understand the melting. I know for a fact I over looked what the players and coaching staff were going to go through this year. I am going to stay with the process, hopefully the best and continue to see if growth is abound. The next two classes will speak volumes. I liked how much we battled against a playoff team with our second string QB and a defense that had begun to get questioned all year. There is hope. Excited to see where we go from here. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Didba said:

Mason called an amazing game for 3 and a 1/2 quarters what are you on about lmao

You should read the context of that statement. I wasn't critical of Mason at all. I was responding to a typical statement, from a certain poster, who was adversarial. 

A bit frustrating we allowed for a Heisman moment for Bryce as well.  That coupled with tOSU crapping the bed will propel him to it.  I at least want Georgia to annihilate Bama next week.  I do not want Georgia to win after that though lol.  Question is will Kirby allow it to happen or keep it close for his mentor to get them back in the playoff?  I really want a blowout just to see the committee justify putting Bama in.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

This place can be so miserable sometimes. It is what it is . Understand the disappointment . Do not understand the melting. I know for a fact I over looked what the players and coaching staff were going to go through this year. I am going to stay with the process, hopefully the best and continue to see if growth is abound. The next two classes will speak volumes. I liked how much we battled against a playoff team with our second string QB and a defense that had begun to get questioned all year. There is hope. Excited to see where we go from here. 

Well said.  Unfortunately, next year may be worse.  The impact of transfers on the depth chart and quality talent that has had time to develop will show more than even this year.  

On offense, the RB position should be solid.  Outside of that; we will be less talented; certainly less experienced.  We will still have big questions at QB; may be starting a freshman or sophomore, and the OL and Receivers group will be less talented/proven.

Defense, other than Dline, it's all a big question mark.  Is Pappoe going out?  

Our schedule will be in the top 10 hardest; again.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

You should read the context of that statement. I wasn't critical of Mason at all. I was responding to a typical statement, from a certain poster, who was adversarial. 

Yeah, I realized that after I hit submit 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

If we have Bo that's a W. The fact we almost won that astounds me and it was a great look for recruits last night even if we lost.

• Like 4

When you take over on downs on your opponents side of the field and you can't even gain a few yards to kick a field goal, I question if we were good enough to win.

• Love 2

17 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I agree but the officiating was piss poor..........heartbreaking loss.

• 1 year later...
On 11/27/2021 at 6:51 PM, AUFlyer99 said:

TJ is a damn man for playing as he did at the end, but Harsin is an idiot for letting him.  

Looked through this thread I didn’t see particularly harsh criticism of TJ. Mostly frustration over the injury situation at QB, lack of alternatives and not utilizing him better.

• Like 1