3* DT Enyce Sledge Commits to Auburn 12/14!!

Brad_ATX

17 hours ago, milehighfan said:

He looks big, strong and fast. Big question, is he interested in Auburn?

He turned us down like BV

Will announce on the 14th on his Instagram (no set time yet) @the_realenyce

Will OV Auburn this weekend

Nick Eason visited him Tuesday

Ignore the rating our staff loves this kid. I think it's a battle between us and Oklahoma State but if I had to put my money down it seems like he'll be an Auburn Tiger and likely be slotted at the NT position with his build. He's got good height to be a NT and could still add some healthy weight to be even more of an anchor in the middle of the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Will announce on the 14th on his Instagram (no set time yet) @the_realenyce

Will OV Auburn this weekend

Nick Eason visited him Tuesday

Ignore the rating our staff loves this kid. I think it's a battle between us and Oklahoma State but if I had to put my money down it seems like he'll be an Auburn Tiger and likely be slotted at the NT position with his build. He's got good height to be a NT and could still add some healthy weight to be even more of an anchor in the middle of the line.

Good shed ability with arm extension and hand punch. Can bull rush. Has a pretty good swim move for a young inside guy. Lots of upside. JMO. I like the guy. WDE

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, AU North said:

Good shed ability with arm extension and hand punch. Can bull rush. Has a pretty good swim move for a young inside guy. Lots of upside. JMO. I like the guy. WDE

I agree with everything you said plus very quick first step for a man of that size. In watching his film I am amazed that he not rated higher then he is. He has the measurables and pretty darn good technique for a HS player. I am hoping our staff can land him.

• Like 1

There is an article up post his OV.  First sentence he says about what stood out the most -- how Auburn puts person above player.   At the end of the article, he is asked how he will decide between his final 5 and he said -- whoever best puts person above player....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LPTiger said:

There is an article up post his OV.  First sentence he says about what stood out the most -- how Auburn puts person above player.   At the end of the article, he is asked how he will decide between his final 5 and he said -- whoever best puts person above player....

Glad to hear that Harsin is still representing the program this way. I think we're going to need that to separate ourselves from the other big boys, at least until we get some back to back 10 win seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ranking wise Sledge is not a huge get. I just think the ranking people blew it big time on this young man. If he signs with us he may be the steal of this class kind of like Hunter last year. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Ranking wise Sledge is not a huge get. I just think the ranking people blew it big time on this young man. If he signs with us he may be the steal of this class kind of like Hunter last year. 

I've been saying it since his name popped up:

If Dave Arranda wants you to play in his defense, then I'm really interested.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Announcing today at 1 p.m. CT

Staff got in on Sledge late but have done a great job identifying him and making a push. He has the ideal build to develop into a solid rotation piece at Nose Tackle. His tape is a whole lot better than the ranking in my humble opinion. 

This would be a good pickup for Nick Eason today. War Eagle!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Announcing today at 1 p.m. CT

Staff got in on Sledge late but have done a great job identifying him and making a push. He has the ideal build to develop into a solid rotation piece at Nose Tackle. His tape is a whole lot better than the ranking in my humble opinion. 

This would be a good pickup for Nick Eason today. War Eagle!

Eason has quietly done some serious work, both on the field and on the recruiting trail. Hope he is for at AU for a long time. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Eason has quietly done some serious work, both on the field and on the recruiting trail. Hope he is for at AU for a long time. 

Man, he felt like a great hire at the time. I hope it pans out in the long term, as you said.

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Man, he felt like a great hire at the time. I hope it pans out in the long term, as you said.

Etheridge is another one that some questioned because of his experience but he’s doing some work as well. And Trovon Reed is killing it. Need to find a spot for him on the field so he can be unleashed full time on the recruiting trail. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Etheridge is another one that some questioned because of his experience but he’s doing some work as well. And Trovon Reed is killing it. Need to find a spot for him on the field so he can be unleashed full time on the recruiting trail. 

It's hard to overstate how rewarding it is to see those two guys in particular flourishing here in the ways they currently are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I was a little aggravated with how the DL recruiting was going but now that it looks like we could close with M'ba/Sledge/Story/Perry I'm pretty impressed for his first class. The 2023 DL he already has visiting are really impressive if he can close on them.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If our DL can play like they did against Alabama then he has really worked a miracle in development lol

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's a hell of a man. I enjoyed watching him grow at Clemson when he was a playing there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Well he and I do love us some

Little Debbie Zebra Cakes - Shop Snacks & Candy at H-E-B

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's hard to overstate how rewarding it is to see those two guys in particular flourishing here in the ways they currently are. 

Recruiting isn’t only about having enough time to build relationships, it’s important that we have guys that recruits can relate to and that can credibly sell the benefits of playing at Auburn. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I was a little aggravated with how the DL recruiting was going but now that it looks like we could close with M'ba/Sledge/Story/Perry I'm pretty impressed for his first class. The 2023 DL he already has visiting are really impressive if he can close on them.

If our DL can play like they did against Alabama then he has really worked a miracle in development lol

That has to be a great selling point.