Birmingham Bowl: Auburn vs Houston

AUBwins

2 hours ago, AUbritt said:

Indiana would smoke us!

Miss seeing you around. Hope things are going well for you.

• Like 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Birmingham Bowl: Auburn vs Houston

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

That’s fine. But Levis isn’t good any Kentucky fans will tell you this much. That’s all I’m saying. He can spin it and run, but horrible decision maker and has 0, I mean ZERO touch. He’s not any more different TJ outside of mobility. 

But yes, I agree, Kentucky had a better season than us, and I’d argue program wise, they’re better right now as well. 

I didn't say he was good, I said he played better than our qb. You can't speak for every Kentucky fan. I'm going off of play on the field and stats

Why is it some think if you say any type of criticism it's whining or whatever? It's ok to be disappointed, I feel we are at a point we should be upset at losing to South c or the miss schools or arky or something like that. There's nothing wrong with that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why is it some think if you say any type of criticism it's whining or whatever? It's ok to be disappointed, I feel we are at a point we should be upset at losing to South c or the miss schools or arky or something like that. There's nothing wrong with that

What’s done is done. Why throw a turd in the punch bowl now. Skip bowl season and come back with renewed passion next season. Or don’t. 

3 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

What’s done is done. Why throw a turd in the punch bowl now. Skip bowl season and come back with renewed passion next season. Or don’t. 

It's just funny to me how some can be negative to whom and when they want then have the nerve to feel they are on some higher plane and have stuff to say when someone else is negative. 

Funny to me

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

Kentucky has a better bowl game than Auburn... I'm not surprised by this, just the reality of seeing it is sobering. 

r8lp8h3d7uhx.gif

Kentucky hired one of the Stoops boys, and we didn’t.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I think they beat Michigan.

I do think it might be a good game though. Will Kirby ride all the way w his walk on QB, or play his supposed 5 star guy? 

1 hour ago, murpjf88 said:

What? The Georgia St. Last gasp win didn't trouble you? Auburn is very lucky to be in a bowl game this year. LSU was awful this year to put it mildly and it took some Bo Nix heroics in the pocket and a blind end zone  pass to pull off a miraculous win. People were disappointed that the committee granted us such low level inferior opponents and most were overconfident in the result when we played Minnesota last year and UCF several years ago and we lost both those games. We were heavy favorites in both. 

Houston can score a lot of points and Auburn is starting a back up QB that looked outright dreadful against Alabama so color me a little skeptical that we'll kill them.

Have to agree here to a point, but we sacked B Young 7 times from an okay D and UGAs wonderful D had what, 1 sack. Houston can score, but I think our D will keep it close enough if our very weak O line can give TJ and the backs longer than 1.5 secs to create a play. Until our O line is revamped, the results will ultimately remain the same. 

I swear we Auburn fans have some of the worst memories. 

stop reading unless you want to see my cynical side:

The Bham Bowl in 2015 against Memphis was extremely helpful in spring boarding us to an 8-5 season the next year! Jeremy Johnson came off the bench to spark a rally in the booming metropolis of Birmingham. His play that day led him to being considered a favorite for the Heisman.

After a 6-6 season, I think we’d be better off saying “no thanks” and just playing some Ultimate Frisbee with the team in Panama City. 

Maybe we can shoot for the Idaho Potato Bowl next year with this staff from the football juggernaut of Boise. The road games against UGA and Bama will go so much differently with the extra 15 days of practice. Besides, when we finish 30th in recruiting, we should at least line up a little better against Pitt or UTEP. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

The Bham Bowl in 2015 against Memphis was extremely helpful in spring boarding us to an 8-5 season the next year! Jeremy Johnson came off the bench to spark a rally in the booming metropolis of Birmingham. His play that day led him to being considered a favorite for the Heisman.

After a 6-6 season, I think we’d be better off saying “no thanks” and just playing some Ultimate Frisbee with the team in Panama City. 

Maybe we can shoot for the Idaho Potato Bowl next year with this staff from the football juggernaut of Boise. The road games against UGA and Bama will go so much differently with the extra 15 days of practice. Besides, when we finish 30th in recruiting, we should at least line up a little better against Pitt or UTEP. 

Are you okay?

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Well, at least you warned us to stop reading.

I've complained about recruiting for a long time, but I seriously doubt we finish 30th. Probably around 20. 

Anyway, appreciate the insight you bring to the board, even if you seem overly negative at the moment. You don't have to answer obviously, but is Harsin the kind of guy that rubs people the wrong way on a personal level? The kind of guy that needs to win big to get away with his personality?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

😂 I just realllly hate how this year ended, and I guess I’m overly cynical that Harsin is the guy to get it done. 

No, on a personal level he’s just fine. He’s not really like a traditional Auburn guy, but that’s fine by me if he wins. I am confident that he thinks he can take the three star and make them tough and play physical and mentally tough football. I think if we give him 3-4 years, he will do just that. I just think that we will still be 8-4, 7-5 with that kind of team, because he does not seem to understand the talent gap. 

Just my opinion. There’s nothing to do but to sit back and watch him succeed or fail. I’m not advocating for replacing him without giving him a shot, but I’ve seen enough this season to know that it’s just not a fit. Hope that makes sense. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Makes perfect sense. 

My biggest concern is also the talent. Coaching up some 3 stars is great, but you better also have elite talent to get where we need to be. I'm hoping he figures that out.

The early whispers on the '23 class are promising. Like you said, nothing to do now but what and see. And vent here and there. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

😂 I just realllly hate how this year ended, and I guess I’m overly cynical that Harsin is the guy to get it done. 

No, on a personal level he’s just fine. He’s not really like a traditional Auburn guy, but that’s fine by me if he wins. I am confident that he thinks he can take the three star and make them tough and play physical and mentally tough football. I think if we give him 3-4 years, he will do just that. I just think that we will still be 8-4, 7-5 with that kind of team, because he does not seem to understand the talent gap. 

Just my opinion. There’s nothing to do but to sit back and watch him succeed or fail. I’m not advocating for replacing him without giving him a shot, but I’ve seen enough this season to know that it’s just not a fit. Hope that makes sense. 

It makes perfect sense to me. I never thought Harsin would be a good fit and he has done nothing so far to change my mind. 

I hope he is wildly successful at Auburn for the next 20 years but I doubt that will ever happen. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I just think that we will still be 8-4, 7-5 with that kind of team, because he does not seem to understand the talent gap. 

I believe many of us understand the frustration and share your pain. I guess what I don’t understand is how much of the wrath CBH is getting after 1 season when AU has been rolling out 8-4 and 7-5 seasons for a long time and with several coaches. I’m pissed how November went but no more so than the lack of consistency we experienced under CTT, Chiz, and Gus. Harsin aside, our administration needs to figure out why we cannot sustain success and fix it. It’s been that way for a long time, well before CBH arrived. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A serious question is sustained success as a constant 10 win team realistic. Historically that’s not in Auburns favor. Then u have the issue of being sandwiched in between two state schools that are on a serious run. Not trying to be negative but is that expectation realistic. There has to be a reason why double digit win seasons arent constant.

• Like 2

I was so relieved to finally move on from Gus, I thought it was really a chance to give the FB program a shot of enthusiasm and try to get back closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. But the terrible losses, lack of recruiting momentum and coaching changes have not given me much hope to this point. Hopefully Harsin can finish strong recruiting and the coaching changes work out for the best. If those concerns make me a doom and gloomer, I guess I am. I would only ask if this was a program other than Auburn would the same Auburn fans feel that program was headed in the right direction based on what we've seen so far?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Have to agree here to a point, but we sacked B Young 7 times from an okay D and UGAs wonderful D had what, 1 sack. Houston can score, but I think our D will keep it close enough if our very weak O line can give TJ and the backs longer than 1.5 secs to create a play. Until our O line is revamped, the results will ultimately remain the same. 

Their d line will probably be smaller but faster/quicker.

This bowl game is really meaningless other than seeing how much TJ can improve and maybe having a new OC to throw some things at DD.  I guess defense will get some time to break in new DBs and LBs for next year.  Moultry will hopefully get a chance for a big game Swan song.  Maybe the Oline will be able to open some holes for Tank.  Harsin proves his mantle on signing day which is Dec 14?  Something like that?  

Edited by Win4AU

12 minutes ago, CR said:

, I thought it was really a chance to give the FB program a shot of enthusiasm and try to get back closer to the top of the conference than the bottom. 

We were never at the bottom? What the hell. Ready for a change, that's fine but we were definitely not at the bottom and teams definitely were on edge that we could beat them any given saturday save maybe georgia.

• Like 3