Brahms and Troxell returning...

Tigerpro2a

Both Brahms and Troxell recently confirmed they are coming back. 

• Thanks 1

• Tigerpro2a changed the title to Brahms and Troxell returning...
7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He’s not ****** leaving!!!

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488666m1euu887zbbccos5

Why is this a negative thing? You would prefer they did leave? 

edit-  in before ya'll tell me how dumb I am for missing the reference and context of it lol.

giphy.gif

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Auburn gets good news with the return of Brahms and Troxell

ByJASON CALDWELL 4 minutes ago

2 Minute Drill: Tigers fail to finish in loss to Houston

bowl-finley-pass.jpg

2 Minute Drill: Tigers fail to finish in loss to Houston

bowl-finley-pass.jpg

AUBURN, Alabama—A player that has battled through three different knee injuries dating back to his days as a top recruit out of Madison Academy, Auburn senior offensive tackle has decided to return for a final season with the Tigers, giving Coach Will Friend a veteran presence up front. He'll be joined by fellow senior and veteran Nick Brahms, who has also decided to return for a final year with the Tigers.

Playing in 32 games for Auburn since starting his career in 2018, Troxell has played both tackle and guard for Auburn and is expected to be a fixture once again for the Tigers in 2022.

The same is true of Brahms. A three-year starter at center for Auburn, Brahms missed the bowl game following surgery, but is expected to be ready to go in the fall.

Redshirting in 2017 after choosing Auburn over a variety of top schools from around the country, Troxell saw action in all 12 games as a player on special teams and also saw time on the field as Auburn’s backup right tackle. 

Following his third knee injury and subsequent surgery in 2019, Troxell returned to action during the 2020 Covid year. Making four starts, including the bowl game, the Madison native graduated in December of 2020.

Auburn was already going to be without a pair of starters from this past season with right tackle Brodarious Hamm announcing his plans to enter the NFL Draft, so the return of Troxell is big news for the Tigers. Senior left guard Brandon Council played his final game for the Tigers on Tuesday in the Birmingham Bowl because his eligibility is up. Auburn also lost top reserve Tashawn Manning, who transferred to Kentucky after the regular season.

Edited by toddc

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

giphy.gif

You didn’t get the reference. That’s fine…I’m happy that he’s staying.

Edited by WFE12
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

You didn’t get the reference. That’s fine…I’m  happy that he staying.

HAHAHA I didn't I completely missed it!!!! Good one though. I am so used to all the negativity here!!!

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

giphy.gif

Have you never seen Wolf of Wall Street... He's literally saying its a good thing they're coming back.

9 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Have you never seen Wolf of Wall Street... He's literally saying its a good thing they're coming back.

If you look I have since edited the post admitting I missed the reference.

This really helps. Ok guys, let's really get in the weight room your last offseason to get stronger and meaner. By the way, I didn't know if you knew this but, all the DLs on our schedule hate your Grandpa so there is that. Now CBH, get us a HS pipeline going and some decent transfers. Thank you very much.

• Haha 1

Glad they are coming back and I'm not going to badmouth anybody. It would be interesting to know what Harsin told Austin and Nick. I assume they at least think they will be starters next year. 

No one has ever mentioned it on here, but the OL could stand to improve. So what will it look like next year?

Surprisingly, 3 of 5 starters return: Troxell, Brahms, and Jones. Council and Hamm are gone. Manning as well. Zierer could win a tackle spot. I think I've heard good things about Colby Smith. Jeremiah Wright is intriguing. Where does he project to play? Who else is notable that I'm missing? Stutts, Irvin, Coffey? Don't know much about those guys. 

This obviously doesn't account for transfers. I expect and hope we bring in several. 

I'm no expert and I'm thinking out loud, so correct me where I'm wrong. Hoping to spark a discussion. 

• Like 1

I'm on the record stating that graduation is the best thing that could've happened to our OL, but as thin as we are when it comes to depth, I'll take it. 

I don't think either are slackers and should prove to be great leaders. Will fill some of the gap for another recruiting class. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gonna run back the same bad OL we had last year.

Awesome development 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 11

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Oh great, you're here!

Same sentiment most have when we roll out a bottom quartile OL. But W*E

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cbo said:

Glad they are coming back and I'm not going to badmouth anybody. It would be interesting to know what Harsin told Austin and Nick. I assume they at least think they will be starters next year. 

No one has ever mentioned it on here, but the OL could stand to improve. So what will it look like next year?

Surprisingly, 3 of 5 starters return: Troxell, Brahms, and Jones. Council and Hamm are gone. Manning as well. Zierer could win a tackle spot. I think I've heard good things about Colby Smith. Jeremiah Wright is intriguing. Where does he project to play? Who else is notable that I'm missing? Stutts, Irvin, Coffey? Don't know much about those guys. 

This obviously doesn't account for transfers. I expect and hope we bring in several. 

I'm no expert and I'm thinking out loud, so correct me where I'm wrong. Hoping to spark a discussion. 

I believe we will still hit the portal pretty hard. Everything depends on what we do in the portal. Right now I would project both of these guys to be starters alone with a couple transfers, but I could easily see the German replacing Trox. He performed pretty well and still has a lot of room to grow. 

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Oh great, you're here!

You can believe every thread is going to have some level of absurdity. 

• Like 1

Until we get into a repetitive cycle of recruiting and signing a several quality O Linemen EACH and EVERY year, this was the best news we could have hoped for in terms of the O Line. We don't have the established depth that comes with continually recruiting this position annually, so getting some experienced guys who are good can only help. And if we bring in competition via the portal, that's OK too but better to start with some returning pieces. I'm glad their both returning 

• Like 7