Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Man, Deion's persona and Auburn look like oil and water to me tho.  That would be an odd couple for sure.

I agree with that to. I feel like as soon as he loses a game people would be turning on him and not fully embracing him.

But if we could get out of our own way. He could take our brand and just how it is viewed and make us the coolest school in the country. The games with him against saban would get so much coverage. If done right I feel it's damn near should be looked at like equity. Auburn could benefit from that and the relationships that would be made for a very long time. 

1 minute ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

With Deion I worry about when FSU comes calling 

Good point, but, can be fixed. Write up the contract to slow down the ability of this happening. If Auburn is great as we think, then he will become a Tiger at heart. Dye was not an Auburn man when he was hired and Saban was not an Alabama boy.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah and they need to fix not having ex players around.

This seemed to be something that was in the process of being corrected after Gus.  There was a lot of talk Harsin was bring guys back.  IDK now, but Courtney Taylor's latest post doesn't help

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I agree with that to. I feel like as soon as he loses a game people would be turning on him and not fully embracing him.

But if we could get out of our own way. He could take our brand and just how it is viewed and make us the coolest school in the country. The games with him against saban would get so much coverage. If done right I feel it's damn near should be looked at like equity. Auburn could benefit from that and the relationships that would be made for a very long time. 

Think about all the NEW NIL MONEY he brings. New outside $$$$$

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Looks I just did, Bro!!!  He and a couple of his little piss ant buddies constantly attack anything that I post.  Yesterday he blabbered something about there was no one keeping the administration from firing Harsin when there's no way that he could possible know that to be a fact.  That's just one example of his irresponsible behavior. 

I've got no problem with anyone responding to anything that I may post, and in fact encourage it provided they have something of substance to add do it in an appropriate manner, but I won't tolerate him or anyone else putting words in my mouth and attempting to pass off blatant assumptions as facts.  If you are unable to respond in a courteous, intelligent manner, then you shouldn't even bother responding.  Your above response is Exhibit A because serves no purpose.  

You guys may find it hard to believe, but some of us actually come to this site to obtain the latest information and don't wish to read hundreds of threads containing a bunch of rhetoric that serves no purpose other than to clog band width.  I've been a member of this site since the merger with the old Auburn Eagle site, and until recently, I've never seen such imbecilic and childish behavior.  

Congrats it took you two hours to come back with something, I'm so happy for you. 

It's a message board, that's what happens on a message board people talk, you don't like it go somewhere else their are a ton of sites for Auburn, but you will end up with the same thing as here. 🤷

5 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Looks I just did, Bro!!!  He and a couple of his little piss ant buddies constantly attack anything that I post.  Yesterday he blabbered something about there was no one keeping the administration from firing Harsin when there's no way that he could possible know that to be a fact.  That's just one example of his irresponsible behavior. 

I've got no problem with anyone responding to anything that I may post, and in fact encourage it provided they have something of substance to add do it in an appropriate manner, but I won't tolerate him or anyone else putting words in my mouth and attempting to pass off blatant assumptions as facts.  If you are unable to respond in a courteous, intelligent manner, then you shouldn't even bother responding.  Your above response is Exhibit A because serves no purpose.  

You guys may find it hard to believe, but some of us actually come to this site to obtain the latest information and don't wish to read hundreds of threads containing a bunch of rhetoric that serves no purpose other than to clog band width.  I've been a member of this site since the merger with the old Auburn Eagle site, and until recently, I've never seen such imbecilic and childish behavior.  

Furious 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea I agree with you. It sucks because it’s not spelled out. But I still don’t blame Auburn for trying. They’re def justified in wanting to try to wiggle their way out of it. 

Not sure if I agree with you on being justified for wiggling their way out of it. Certainly they should try to construe the terms of the contract as much in their favor as possible and if that is wiggling, I agree. 

What I do not agree with is fabricating, or threatening to fabricate, evidence to get out of paying or defaming the man just to get rid of him. Not only is that wrong, it could backfire and the amount of the civil judgement could make his buyout amount seem trivial.

Bottom line is that AU rolled the dice that they could make a substantial improvement of CGM and they lost. Anyone who actively sought to make that roll of the dice happen shares in the blame. I am NOT saying AU should not have taken that chance, just saying everyone knew (or should have known) and accepted the risk when they did. When you gamble and lose, you lose your money, just man up, pay up, accept responsibility, learn from it, and move on.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wondered with the 256 and all in your name. Where did you go to High School? My Wife went to Grissom. I am actually from Fayetteville TN, but as you know it's so close to Huntsville so I have always claimed Huntsville Area as where I am from.

When I was in Huntsville I went to Bob Jones, I graduated from Florence though, well Bradshaw to be exact

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

This seemed to be something that was in the process of being corrected after Gus.  There was a lot of talk Harsin was bring guys back.  IDK now, but Courtney Taylor's latest post doesn't help

Yea I remember back in the Spring and Summer a lot of folks talking about how this was different under CBH and that it had made a turn for the better....I didn't see CT's post....what did he say?

Just now, cole256 said:

Who pissed in the guy ranting cereal? What is he so mad about?

The mean girls clique is being mean to him & he's fed up with it

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wondered with the 256 and all in your name. Where did you go to High School? My Wife went to Grissom. I am actually from Fayetteville TN, but as you know it's so close to Huntsville so I have always claimed Huntsville Area as where I am from.

Fun fact a cousin of mine who was actually from Florence played basketball at grissom. He was something of a State legend. His nickname was man child. Incredible athlete. Well it turns out his little brother was Reggie Ragland who played for Bob Jones then bammer and now the NFL

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who pissed in the guy ranting cereal? What is he so mad about?

He is so triggered. Take a Gabapentin guy and go get some fresh air.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

.I didn't see CT's post....what did he say?

Along the lines of he's tried to get a coaching position at Auburn, even a GA spot, and can't get a call back or has been told to look somewhere else.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The mean girls clique is being mean to him & he's fed up with it

He's been disliking all my posts too lately. I thought maybe he was pt's burner account 😂

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Apparently he is mad @DAG for something, his post didn't make sense 🤷

I was thinking who is he even arguing with lol

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Congrats it took you two hours to come back with something, I'm so happy for you. 

It's a message board, that's what happens on a message board people talk, you don't like it go somewhere else their are a ton of sites for Auburn, but you will end up with the same thing as here. 🤷

Two hours?  Math certainly isn't your strong suit, Bro!  I've got a business to run, so you'll have to excuse me for not being locked in waiting on your next syllable...  In other words, you're not a priority!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Better Call Saul NOW

I'm in the middle of a repeat breaking bad binge as we speak!

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I was thinking who is he even arguing with lol

All I said I wouldn't argue with @DAG and he came at me with that long ass post that took apparently two hours to come back with and I still don't understand it, something about messages boards lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1