Harsin AND the Powers That Be Share Blame

autigeremt

As the air continues to fog in and the ceiling continues to lower on this program let's be real about one thing. No matter which side you fall on this whole entire thing is built on a flimsy foundation. First you have a coach hired by a lame duck AD who brought in an astronaut with no rocket ship. Coach Harsin has all the intentions of building a championship program but he is trying to do it with parts from a 1999 Ford Taurus. In other words...he isn't getting the players into the program that it needs to be successful. He's also throwing away the parts that could help him bridge the gap between a "fix" and a total overhaul. At the same time he has a very poor sense of what it takes to be a Head Coach in the Southeastern Conference......the Boise Way or the Highway. 

The Powers That Be have been a strain on consistent success at Auburn for a long time. It came to a head in 2003 with JetGate and the ebbs and flows followed along like a Wall Street stock (quite literally if you think of Bobby Lowders influence) throughout the 2000's and into the 2010's. After last years hire of Harsin outside of their control they have jumped back in feet first to try and influence change. When you give millions to a program you "expect" input though I have no clue what that feels like. Either way it has left Auburn looking like a hick in the middle of Paris. 

I don't know if Harsin survives. I've been at Auburn for 20 plus years (counting my education) and I've lived through several of these. Bowden, Tubbs, Chiz, Golloway and now Harsin. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds but I'd put my money on.....the MONEY. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

The good ole boys were out of control in the 90's. Then Jetgate. Then supposed Gus backstabbing and conspiring, with even more rumors of the Stoops situation. Now this. Harsin aside, it's ridiculous. Lack of institutional control and an awful way to treat people. There needs to be an investigation by the legislature or SACS or something (again)

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

What proof do we have again that the PTBs started, contributing to, or are in any way involved with this?

See WarRapport's podcast. If Harsin is going to get fired for cause, we desperately need to hope he actually did something to earn it.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

See WarRapport's podcast. If Harsin is going to get fired for cause, we desperately need to hope he actually did something to earn it.

He will not be fired for cause unless there is a legitimate reason.  If they do it anyways without real cause, there will be a nasty lawsuit for wrongful termination. I read his K, its pretty air tight.

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I don't think those guys have any connections at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

What proof do we have again that the PTBs started, contributing to, or are in any way involved with this?

Some people on the Internet said so.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Some people on the Internet said so.

Same thing could be said that he is a meany and hard to work for

• Like 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Indicators are, well documented previous and similar events over the years. Letting Harsin twist in the wind while accusations swirl.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Nothing substantial.

But the AU forum I frequent had a dude whose shortened name was PTB that was not very pro-Harsin soooooo.

PROOOOOOOOOFFFFFFF1!!!!!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, autigeremt said:

As the air continues to fog in and the ceiling continues to lower on this program let's be real about one thing. No matter which side you fall on this whole entire thing is built on a flimsy foundation. First you have a coach hired by a lame duck AD who brought in an astronaut with no rocket ship. Coach Harsin has all the intentions of building a championship program but he is trying to do it with parts from a 1999 Ford Taurus. In other words...he isn't getting the players into the program that it needs to be successful. He's also throwing away the parts that could help him bridge the gap between a "fix" and a total overhaul. At the same time he has a very poor sense of what it takes to be a Head Coach in the Southeastern Conference......the Boise Way or the Highway. 

The Powers That Be have been a strain on consistent success at Auburn for a long time. It came to a head in 2003 with JetGate and the ebbs and flows followed along like a Wall Street stock (quite literally if you think of Bobby Lowders influence) throughout the 2000's and into the 2010's. After last years hire of Harsin outside of their control they have jumped back in feet first to try and influence change. When you give millions to a program you "expect" input though I have no clue what that feels like. Either way it has left Auburn looking like a hick in the middle of Paris. 

I don't know if Harsin survives. I've been at Auburn for 20 plus years (counting my education) and I've lived through several of these. Bowden, Tubbs, Chiz, Golloway and now Harsin. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds but I'd put my money on.....the MONEY. 

Golloway getting the boot had nothing to do with the PTB. He was a colossal hiring mistake, was an issue from the first day on the job, and could have caused Auburn some major problems. And I do mean major. They cut him loose just in the nick of time. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

JMO but seems fishy that these allegations happen right as he’s on vacation out of the country. Reports like that don’t just come out randomly. There’s always been power grabs by the PTB for the last 30 years at Auburn it’s nothing new. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

It depends on how you define the PTB, but someone certainly within that broad category is behind it.

It's not Allen. It's not Gouge. It's not public pressure from fans.

It's someone with money and influence either on the trustee board or with direct connection to it. That's essentially the textbook definition of the PTB.

• Like 1

One day this is all going to play out and hopefully the vast majority of the truth will be out in the open. If and when that day comes and  if it comes to light that the putative PTB were behind this....I just don't think I can support AU Football any more. That is a revolting thought if true.

edit- Not 2 minutes after typing I realize that it's difficult to fathom a world where I do not love AU Football so i will always support them...but that would be sickening.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 4

It is very evident on this forum "rumor" is posted constantly against the posted "rules". This somehow convinces people to believe some one is guilty until proven innocent instead of the other way around. And when the rumor poster is called on it they just said they were passing information along and it came from war report, a reporter, another forum, twitter, instagram, their best friend who's connected, etc. etc. Some really tight sources there folks.  

Just ask yourself how you would feel if someone was posting stuff about you all of the web. Some of you will say "hey he's the coach of Auburn, he makes millions and should expect stuff like that", which I say BULL SH!7!

Edited by creed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

To your point, I couldn’t name the ‘PTB’ if I had to. But is your position that a mess this big has been initiated by a few random fans and message board posters? Who do you believe is the initiator of all this?

• Like 1

Of all things going on with this it’s hard to believe someone inside wouldn’t leak out who is behind going after Harsin at this time. 

this isn’t a mob but 1-3 major influencers that are working to get rid of Harsin. 

simeone knows who these PTB are. 

14 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Either way it has left Auburn looking like a hick in the middle of Paris. 

Damn that's bad. Guess that's different then "An American In Paris"

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn that's bad. Guess that's different then "An American In Paris"

Had a friend who vacayed in Paris once. I asked him how it went - "Was fine, except for all the darn foreigners."

• Haha 1

Agree.  The PTB here in action is gossip acted upon as fact. Then quoted as fact. There are sound minds in leadership at Auburn and are undersold. Social is a PTB that is misused.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

To your point, I couldn’t name the ‘PTB’ if I had to. But is your position that a mess this big has been initiated by a few random fans and message board posters? Who do you believe is the initiator of all this?

Well, numbers-wise, there are a lot more trouble causers in the random public than there are members of the PTB at Auburn. Probably in the 100,000 to one ratio. So, unless someone can prove otherwise I'm going with the idea that it wasn't one of the few PTB who started this. Those people care for Auburn and want the school and its teams to succeed. I don't believe they are saboteurs.

• Like 1